Alabama loses Jonathan Cook and Desherrius Flowers

Maverick.AU

@ryancodyWHNT: Nick Saban says soph DB Jonathan Cook "is no longer a member of the team." RB DeSherrius Flowers ruled ineligible. #AlabamaFootball @whnt

With the flowers departure I think that only leaves them with 3 scholarship rbs for fall camp: Henry, Drake, and Harris

That's three pretty good ones. The Harris kid might have a big year this year.

I agree totally, but they have to hope they stay injury free. Both Henry and Drake have experienced serious injuries in their careers

I hear Drake looked good in spring, but until I see it on the field, I'll be skeptical. That was a brutal injury.

Cook dismissed by phone call...kid was first a gray shirt at bama....committed to Nebraska , then got scholly offer to bama and now.....is gone. Kid may have contributed to his problems but this a screwy situation IMO.

Geez, RB depth that thin will have effects on special teams even if they stay pretty injury-free.

I hear Drake looked good in spring, but until I see it on the field, I'll be skeptical. That was a brutal injury.

Pretty sure he was in a no contact jersey the whole spring, but if he is healthy he is a much better back than Henry IMO

if dismissed by phone, who comes and picks up your dodge charger?

Likely it is forfeited ....and meanwhile......, "no need to come back up here to get your personal belongings...we will ship them to you".

Somehow Flowers was an early enrollee and now is ineligible, hearing he will be back with team by fall with some summer school

Everything I've read says that the school announced that he will not be able to enroll for the fall semester

My how things have changed. The greatest assembly of talent in the recruiting board era and they're hoping on transfers and freshmen at QB and RB.

Drake was a great talent (I believe he was better than TJY), but he is not durable enough to withstand a complete SEC season and he is not humble enough to stay out of Saban's doghouse for more than 3-4 months at a time. Kamara, Tenpenney, Jones, Scarborough...wow.

My how things have changed. The greatest assembly of talent in the recruiting board era and they're hoping on transfers and freshmen at QB and RB.

Drake was a great talent (I believe he was better than TJY), but he is not durable enough to withstand a complete SEC season and he is not humble enough to stay out of Saban's doghouse for more than 3-4 months at a time. Kamara, Tenpenney, Jones, Scarborough...wow.

What happened to Scarborough?

What happened to Scarborough?

Tore his ACL

Archived