9 dead in shooting at historic Charleston African American church. Police chief calls it ‘hate crime.’

JoeBags7277

The minister and State Senator that was killed tonight was a leader of the vigil for Walter Scott who was killed by the Charleston police officer Michael Slager. Looks like a deranged, racist cophugger became completely unhinged at the prospect of true justice for a badged criminal. Very sad turn of events. Prayers for everyone affected.

http://www.washingto...can-ame-church/

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cophugger ?

If there was an open and shut case for where a cop didn't have any justification for shooting, it was this one, so odd that anyone would seek justice here.

White guy w/ sandy blonde hair... gee. Couldn't get more conspicuous , huh ?

I believe the senator and pastor were the same person. Are you speculating about the cop hugger part?

That should have read "was." Until they catch the guy and question him, of course there's a degree of speculation there. But we have: a prayer gathering in neighboring Charleston at a predominately black church just a couple of weeks or so after Slager is indicted- not just charged- in the murder of a black man that drew worldwide attention, with at least one person in attendance who was a central figure in the aftermath of the Slager shooting. That's one too many dots for me not to connect.

cophugger ?

Its a term for an individual who will go to sickening, absurd lengths to defend the actions of the police, even further than they go in defending themselves. You know, like the ones who are still defending Officer Casebolt even after his own chief admitted he was out of line. Those who you have to wonder if they would try to rationalize a cop shooting a toddler point blank in broad daylight. I'm sure you've met a few in your travels. They're rather plentiful.

Sad to see but just further indication of how race relatiions have gone backwards in the past couple of years.

cophugger ?

Its a term for an individual who will go to sickening, absurd lengths to defend the actions of the police, even further than they go in defending themselves. You know, like the ones who are still defending Officer Casebolt even after his own chief admitted he was out of line. Those who you have to wonder if they would try to rationalize a cop shooting a toddler point blank in broad daylight. I'm sure you've met a few in your travels. They're rather plentiful.

I can't say I have, actually. But I've heard one or the on the radio, as callers.

cophugger ?

Do you have an example of such a person committing extreme violence to defend police?

We have no evidence of why this tragedy took place. Could just a random nut, a racist, a disgruntled former employee, or someone who dislikes Christians.

cophugger ?

Do you have an example of such a person committing extreme violence to defend police?

We have no evidence of why this tragedy took place. Could just a random nut, a racist, a disgruntled former employee, or someone who dislikes Christians.

They haven't needed to. Prosecutors, DA's, police chiefs, sheriffs, and the media have provided all the cover killer cops would ever need, with rare exceptions such as the Scott case.

If it is discovered that this man's motives had nothing at all to do with the fallout from the Slager indictment, I will come here to this thread and issue a mea culpa. As some of you know, I'm not exactly an unbiased observer on these matters and will be the first to admit a tendency to jump the gun. Its a consequence of the hell that state sponsored murder has wrought on my family in the previous two years, and now is a particularly bad time on that front, during which I'm even more apt to make snap judgments.

Reports are saying he went into the church and actually sat in the service for about an hour or so and got up and made statements in regards to he had to do it because "they" where raping "our" women and children. I'm sure more will come out but it's just a sick act regardless if it was a black or white church. People getting killed at a place of worship. smh. Nothing is off limits anymore. Places like churches, schools and even hospitals use to be considered sacred...not anymore.

It may be wrong to think this way but this suspect is who the police need to be pumping bullets into not unarmed people. He looks similar to that kid that killed those kids at Sandy Hook. smh. Prayers to the families.

I have to do it. You rape our women and you’re taking over our country. And you have to go.

That pretty much seals it. Kid is a white supremacist.

The perp here seems to be more of a racist nutcase ,a loner and a punk who has a record already. I would've bet even odds that it was some Al Qaeda / ISIS wanna be, but this time it just seems to be a racist scum.

Just saw a photo of the shooter. Skinny little white boy in prison? He is going to have a lot of friends, of the intimate, romantic nature.

Just saw a photo of the shooter. Skinny little white boy in prison? He is going to have a lot of friends, of the intimate, romantic nature.

I think knows that, and he's made up his mind that he isn't going to prison. A "blaze of glory" type, if you will. Here's hoping his life is the only other one lost if that turns out to be the case.

How horrible :/ prayers for all affected! Sounds/looks like a loner kid with mental issues...though I don't want to stereotype everyone who is a loner.

I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.

Strange thing is though... a lot of his friends on his FB page are black. That doesn't mean anything but just found it interesting considering the statement he made before shooting.

I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.

Strange thing is though... a lot of his friends on his FB page are black. That doesn't mean anything but just found it interesting considering the statement he made before shooting.

Padding the stats, scouting. Who knows?

Of course, how many people on your Facebook feed are you actually friends with?

More evidence that confirms my hypothesis. Note the flags.

storm-roof-flag-575x383.jpg

Glad they caught them. That didn't take long.

He tried to run rather than hide. Caught in NC. Police in the region were on the ball on this one.

It is a tragedy my prayers go out to the people killed, the church, their, family and friends. I don't know the shooters motives and it is not important to me. As far as I am concerned when any person kills another person or hurts another person intentionally and not in self defense it is a hate crime.

We need more love and less hate and I don't know how to get there other then praying for people to change.

cophugger ?

They haven't needed to. Prosecutors, DA's, police chiefs, sheriffs, and the media have provided all the cover killer cops would ever need, with rare exceptions such as the Scott case.

If it is discovered that this man's motives had nothing at all to do with the fallout from the Slager indictment, I will come here to this thread and issue a mea culpa. As some of you know, I'm not exactly an unbiased observer on these matters and will be the first to admit a tendency to jump the gun. Its a consequence of the hell that state sponsored murder has wrought on my family in the previous two years, and now is a particularly bad time on that front, during which I'm even more apt to make snap judgments.

1787, I appoligize if this is out of line, but can you provide any specifics as to what your family has been through. I have seen you mention it vaguely. Curious to where, when, why? Is there a link? I have never heard of a person willing to kill a room full of people to defend any cop.

Archived