9 dead in shooting at historic Charleston African American church. Police chief calls it ‘hate crime.’

JoeBags7277

Kid's a bit of a self induced nut job who popped pills and had a "secret" hatred brewing up in his mind for whatever reason. Secret being he kept a lot of his true feelings to himself.

No cophugger here...just a loon who deserves the book thrown at him and nothing less. Sad day for Charleston. Senator Pickney was a good guy from everything I've heard about him. Prayers for all involved.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a tragedy my prayers go out to the people killed, the church, their, family and friends. I don't know the shooters motives and it is not important to me. As far as I am concerned when any person kills another person or hurts another person intentionally and not in self defense it is a hate crime.

We need more love and less hate and I don't know how to get there other then praying for people to change.

Actually, I think most murders are probably more crimes of passion. This is clearly a different class of murder IMO, whatever we choose to call it.

I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.

That pretty much seals it. Kid is a white supremacist.

Strange thing is though... a lot of his friends on his FB page are black. That doesn't mean anything but just found it interesting considering the statement he made before shooting.

Padding the stats, scouting. Who knows?

Of course, how many people on your Facebook feed are you actually friends with?

More evidence that confirms my hypothesis. Note the flags.

storm-roof-flag-575x383.jpg

I'm not familiar with those flags. For who/what are they a symbol?

Rhodesia and Apartheid era South Africa.

Kid's a bit of a self induced nut job who popped pills and had a "secret" hatred brewing up in his mind for whatever reason. Secret being he kept a lot of his true feelings to himself.

No cophugger here...just a loon who deserves the book thrown at him and nothing less. Sad day for Charleston. Senator Pickney was a good guy from everything I've heard about him. Prayers for all involved.

He reminds me of the Norwegian killer Anders Behring Breivik.

(The senator was a woman. In fact, 6 of the 9 victims were women.)

Edit: You got it right emt. His first name "Clementa" threw me.

Very good comparison. His eyes are lost in the mugshot.....just sad people think this is the right way to deal with a problem (self perceived or otherwise).

Most mass shooters have a lot in common. I first thought of one that shares his name. Dylan Klebold. Lanza too.

Senator was a man. http://scstatehouse.gov/member.php?code=1479545277

cophugger ?

Its a term for an individual who will go to sickening, absurd lengths to defend the actions of the police, even further than they go in defending themselves. You know, like the ones who are still defending Officer Casebolt even after his own chief admitted he was out of line. Those who you have to wonder if they would try to rationalize a cop shooting a toddler point blank in broad daylight. I'm sure you've met a few in your travels. They're rather plentiful.

Do you have an example of such a person committing extreme violence to defend police?

We have no evidence of why this tragedy took place. Could just a random nut, a racist, a disgruntled former employee, or someone who dislikes Christians.

They haven't needed to. Prosecutors, DA's, police chiefs, sheriffs, and the media have provided all the cover killer cops would ever need, with rare exceptions such as the Scott case.

If it is discovered that this man's motives had nothing at all to do with the fallout from the Slager indictment, I will come here to this thread and issue a mea culpa. As some of you know, I'm not exactly an unbiased observer on these matters and will be the first to admit a tendency to jump the gun. Its a consequence of the hell that state sponsored murder has wrought on my family in the previous two years, and now is a particularly bad time on that front, during which I'm even more apt to make snap judgments.

1787, I appoligize if this is out of line, but can you provide any specifics as to what your family has been through. I have seen you mention it vaguely. Curious to where, when, why? Is there a link? I have never heard of a person willing to kill a room full of people to defend any cop.

check your messages.

Senator was a man. http://scstatehouse.gov/member.php?code=1479545277

Correct. His name threw me.

Your link didn't work for me. Here's another: https://www.bostongl...TDyI/story.html

Anyway, thanks for the correction.

Obama shows that he's no better than Al Sharpton. Right on cue, Obama doesn't miss a beat to interject gun control legislation the day after a mass murderer. Stay classy, Obama.

I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.

That pretty much seals it. Kid is a white supremacist.

Strange thing is though... a lot of his friends on his FB page are black. That doesn't mean anything but just found it interesting considering the statement he made before shooting.

Padding the stats, scouting. Who knows?

Of course, how many people on your Facebook feed are you actually friends with?

More evidence that confirms my hypothesis. Note the flags.

storm-roof-flag-575x383.jpg

That could certainly be true. Just found it interesting. He looks creepy

Obama shows that he's no better than Al Sharpton. Right on cue, Obama doesn't miss a beat to interject gun control legislation the day after a mass murderer. Stay classy, Obama.

Really though...smh :-\. A time like this and it's about the Prez. Geesh

Really though...smh :-\/>. A time like this and it's about the Prez. Geesh

Well, he made about himself. You know, you never want a serious crisis to go to waste…

Well, he made about himself. You know, you never want a serious crisis to go to waste…

Has to be exhausting to dislike one person as much as you do.

Raptor is an irrational ideologue. He will never pass on an opportunity to support the political right or, criticize the political left. All thoughts are characterized by either, right good or, left bad. The extent and depth of his thinking is rather easily defined.

Has to be exhausting to dislike one person as much as you do.

Well, he's clearly earned it

Raptor is an irrational ideologue. He will never pass on an opportunity to support the political right or, criticize the political left. All thoughts are characterized by either, right good or, left bad. The extent and depth of his thinking is rather easily defined.

I see..

If pointing out how despicable it is for this President to politicize a national tragedy just to promote his agenda , which happens to be anti-2nd Amendment, I guess that's irrational.

Listen to the presser he gave today, then judge.

Rhodesia and Apartheid era South Africa.

Thanks, ITCHY beat me to the question. The flags are just grainy enough that I couldn't quite place them though they looked familiar.

If pointing out how despicable it is for this President to politicize a national tragedy just to promote his agenda , which happens to be anti-2nd Amendment, I guess that's irrational.

Listen to the presser he gave today, then judge.

I suppose political opportunists only exist on the political left? Is the Second Amendment itself under attack or, is there merely an attempt to define it? Are you exploiting the opportunity and distorting the facts for your own purposes? Do you have any respect for political opposition? What does that say about your respect for democracy?

This is from a blogger, Matt Walsh, that I follow some on FB:

I am supposed to be on vacation, but I read about this massacre at the church in Charleston, and I feel like it would be negligent for me to say nothing. These were our brothers and sisters in Christ, gathered in prayer, only to be horrifically slaughtered by an evil and depraved man. We should all be weeping and praying for the lost and their families.

In the coming days, this terrible event will be politicized and exploited in a thousand different ways. It will be used to prove various points and solidify various narratives. I can only plead and pray that we fight the urge to engage in that pettiness, and instead see this for what it is. Not proof of some argument we've been making, but yet another manifestation of the evil that runs like a cancer through the veins of our civilization.

All we can do in the face of it is pray and love. That's all we have. There is no other solution.

Sometimes I feel like I can't bear any more of this. It seems every day we are confronted by some new monstrous act and forced to reckon with the fact that this is the broken, violent, hateful world we are giving to our children. But in this misery I feel an even greater longing for Christ, because I know that He will come to wipe away all of our tears, and there will be no more pain.

Until then, we must bring as much love and joy into the world as possible. That is the only weapon we have against the darkness. And it's the only weapon we need.

Remember this crime occurred in South Carolina, and its state motto is Dum Spiro Spero. That means, "while I breathe, I hope."

There is still hope in this world as long as there is love, and there is love as long as there is Christ. And Christ is eternal.

Rest in peace to the departed. Our prayers are with you and your families.

Now go and love each other today, everybody.

This is from a blogger, Matt Walsh, that I follow some on FB:

I am supposed to be on vacation, but I read about this massacre at the church in Charleston, and I feel like it would be negligent for me to say nothing. These were our brothers and sisters in Christ, gathered in prayer, only to be horrifically slaughtered by an evil and depraved man. We should all be weeping and praying for the lost and their families.

In the coming days, this terrible event will be politicized and exploited in a thousand different ways. It will be used to prove various points and solidify various narratives. I can only plead and pray that we fight the urge to engage in that pettiness, and instead see this for what it is. Not proof of some argument we've been making, but yet another manifestation of the evil that runs like a cancer through the veins of our civilization.

All we can do in the face of it is pray and love. That's all we have. There is no other solution.

Sometimes I feel like I can't bear any more of this. It seems every day we are confronted by some new monstrous act and forced to reckon with the fact that this is the broken, violent, hateful world we are giving to our children. But in this misery I feel an even greater longing for Christ, because I know that He will come to wipe away all of our tears, and there will be no more pain.

Until then, we must bring as much love and joy into the world as possible. That is the only weapon we have against the darkness. And it's the only weapon we need.

Remember this crime occurred in South Carolina, and its state motto is Dum Spiro Spero. That means, "while I breathe, I hope."

There is still hope in this world as long as there is love, and there is love as long as there is Christ. And Christ is eternal.

Rest in peace to the departed. Our prayers are with you and your families.

Now go and love each other today, everybody.

Excellent.

Archived