9 dead in shooting at historic Charleston African American church. Police chief calls it ‘hate crime.’

JoeBags7277

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The message below was posted on his Facebook page prior to his capture. It says a lot about this black man......

roofcomment.jpg

I suppose political opportunists only exist on the political left? Is the Second Amendment itself under attack or, is there merely an attempt to define it? Are you exploiting the opportunity and distorting the facts for your own purposes? Do you have any respect for political opposition? What does that say about your respect for democracy?

You're dodging the issue.

Less than 24 hours , hell, barely 12 hours after 9 innocent people were murdered, Obama comes out and makes a POLITICAL CAMPAIGN remark about guns, instead of trying to heal a nation.

Until the investigation is complete, I'm necessarily constrained in terms of talking about the details of the case. But I don't need constrained about the emotions that tragedies like this raise.

I've had to make statements like this too many times. Communities like this have had to endure tragedies like this too many times.

We don't have all the facts, but we do know that once again, innocent people were killed in part because someone who wanted to inflict harm had no trouble getting their hand on a gun.

Now is the time for mourning and for healing. But let's be clear. At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries. It doesn't happen in other places with this kind of frequency.

And it is in our power to do something about it. I say that recognizing the politics in this town foreclose a lot of those avenues right now. But it'd be wrong for us not to acknowledge it, and at some point, it's going to important for the American to come to grips with it and for us to be able to shift how we think about the issue of gun violence collectively.

The fact that this took place in a black church obviously also raises questions about a dark part of our history. This is not the first time that black churches have been attacked, and we know the hatred across races and faiths pose a particular threat to our democracy and our ideals.

" Let me be clear " ...

What an arrogant , passive aggressive attitude to take on during a speech, as if he's once again lecturing us on what's wrong with this country, and how its citizens cling to their guns and religion. ( his words, btw )

Has he NO decency ? Surely this sort of political pandering can wait, at least for a full day. But no. Instead of taking the lead from the likes of Gov. Haley, who showed humanity and compassion for those hurting, Obama ignored tact and instead chose to admonish us and stick his chin out, one more time.

The 2nd Amendment is already defined. This isn't so much a gun issue as it should be an issue over psychotropic drug use, loners and the mentally disturbed . How many drunken drivers take innocent lives, every year, and yet we don't rant and rave about restricting driving for the rest of the drivers out on the roads, in the 10's of millions, every day,

Just because one abuses their rights , that does not mean others have to have their rights restricted further.

The 2nd Amendment is already defined. This isn't so much a gun issue as it should be an issue over psychotropic drug use, loners and the mentally disturbed . How many drunken drivers take innocent lives, every year, and yet we don't rant and rave about restricting driving for the rest of the drivers out on the roads, in the 10's of millions, every day,

Just because one abuses their rights , that does not mean others have to have their rights restricted further.

Yeah right. There are no restrictions on automobiles and drivers. :-\

Yeah right. There are no restrictions on automobiles and drivers. :-\/>

Those items are not protected by the Constitution. This incident would have happened even with a passage of new laws the President tried to get passed after Sandy Hook.

Missed by some in my DUI causing deaths example is that more folks die in car related deaths every year, and many by irresponsible drunk drivers.

We punish the drivers, not everyone else.

His feelings on race are apparently not uncommon around there. :no:

Vigils at two sites were interrupted by bomb threats, which forced the police to evacuate the buildings; a third bomb threat was called in to the county building where the coroner held a news conference identifying the victims.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/19/us/charleston-church-shooting.html

I completely agree with you, AURaptor that it was in very poor taste for the president to use this tragedy as a political ploy, especially so soon after it occurred. Thanks for speaking up for decency.

His feelings on race are apparently not uncommon around there. :no:/>

Vigils at two sites were interrupted by bomb threats, which forced the police to evacuate the buildings; a third bomb threat was called in to the county building where the coroner held a news conference identifying the victims.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/19/us/charleston-church-shooting.html

Yeah.....the entire south is racist. Copycat phone call idiots are everywhere.

Obama shows that he's no better than Al Sharpton. Right on cue, Obama doesn't miss a beat to interject gun control legislation the day after a mass murderer. Stay classy, Obama.

Really though...smh :-\. A time like this and it's about the Prez. Geesh

Talking about "right on cue"... ;D

It's all Raptor's got.

He's so predictable, I could fill in for him if he wanted to take a week off.

I completely agree with you, AURaptor that it was in very poor taste for the president to use this tragedy as a political ploy, especially so soon after it occurred. Thanks for speaking up for decency.

That sounds incredibly insincere. It is not as if he were stumping for reelection.

Sounds more like some who wish to, in poor taste, use the tragedy to once again repeat the "conservative" refrain of, "barry sux".

Decency? Hardly.

That sounds incredibly insincere. It is not as if he were stumping for reelection.

Sounds more like some who wish to, in poor taste, use the tragedy to once again repeat the "conservative" refrain of, "barry sux".

Decency? Hardly.

Yeah. They sound like another one of those PC crowds.

Obama shows that he's no better than Al Sharpton. Right on cue, Obama doesn't miss a beat to interject gun control legislation the day after a mass murderer. Stay classy, Obama.

It's all Raptor's got.

Are you going to do the required research?

They are politicians, if any of you expected them to be able to commiserate like a human being then you are hopelessly thick.

This was a horrible tragedy, and I hope most people see it for what it is, but I do not in any way shape or form expect and politician from either side to approach this subject as an American but rather as a soulless politician.

They are politicians, if any of you expected them to be able to commiserate like a human being then you are hopelessly thick

And yet Gov Haley did.

It's all Raptor's got.

:laugh:

Actually homie, it's Obama who is predictable. Had he not gone political at this tragic event, I would've never said anything about him. See, you can't even get that right.

Decency? Hardly.

I'd say the President (in typical fashion) came out less than 24 hours after the incident and used it to push an agenda for more gun control (which even his own plan wouldn't have stopped) while at the same time proving to us all that once again......you can never let a crisis go to waste. It's bad form but it's his form and I don't know why anyone would be surprised to even comment on it anymore. :dunno:

Even Alvita King, the daughter of Reverend King, stated that Obama did not need to politicize this event and that he was working on a solution for the wrong problem.

I guess you think she is predictable as well.

It's all Raptor's got.

What research? :dunno:

I'd just go back and copy previous posts. It's not like they change. :-\

It's all Raptor's got.

What research? :dunno:

I'd just go back and copy previous posts. It's not like they change. :-\

The specific talking points change. You can not just fallback on "barry sux", "libtards is dumb". You will have to listen to at least two hours of conservative talk radio EVERY day. You have to carefully and fully explain, WHY "barry sux". Being Raptor is NOT as easy as it appears to be. "barry sux" for a new reason, every day. Even more difficult is the "libtards is dumb" narrative. Explaining how the dumb, evil, insane libtards are insidiously going to destroy the country without employ the overt measures of war and financial collapse is not as easy as it appears to be. Now, even if you can master the narratives, I doubt you will be able to master the absolute and arrogant presentation. This is something that can only be attained from YEARS of listening to Rush. Face it, even if you put in the work, can you suspend reality and objectivity? Can you truly enter the Raptor zone? Are you really prepared to criticize ALL things liberal, no matter how seemingly insignificant? Are you prepared to defend all things "conservative" no matter how blatantly absurd they may be?

To be perfectly blunt, I know Raptor, I've posted with Raptor, and you sir, are no Raptor.

Archived