2016 3* DL Tashawn Manning (AU commit 6/19/15)

Maverick.AU

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya'll took my post and blew it out of proportion but ok. :-\

My post was addressing those that scoff over the commitment of a 3*. Of course there are more 3* players than 4* or 5* players. Of course the 4* or 5* players have a better chance of going to the NFL. Just looking at Tashawn's measurables and film, this is a 3* that we should be happy to have and with the right conditioning and coaching, he could wind up being an impact player for us.

Why the hell is everybody on this board in such a pissy mood?

My post was addressing those that scoff over the commitment of a 3*. Of course there are more 3* players than 4* or 5* players. Of course the 4* or 5* players have a better chance of going to the NFL. Just looking at Tashawn's measurables and film, this is a 3* that we should be happy to have and with the right conditioning and coaching, he could wind up being an impact player for us.

Because today ends in Y :) I did argue against a point that I now see you weren't making- a lot of people do try to make another point, and it's tiresome- but I hope I wasn't pissy about it. My bad if it came across that way.

:popcorn:/> :popcorn:/>

Emphasis on popcorn guy's right hand. It's beer o'clock somewhere.

your a wise man Loofus

So if the two popcorn guys are twins and sip the beers at the same time, do they get drunk faster?

Because today ends in Y :) I did argue against a point that I now see you weren't making- a lot of people do try to make another point, and it's tiresome- but I hope I wasn't pissy about it. My bad if it came across that way.

I could have made my point a lot clearer in hindsight :)

We're all good.

We're all good.

\m/

Meant to add that, now that I understand your point, I completely agree.

Now, if only "Manning" was a good football name...

We're all good.

\m/

Meant to add that, now that I understand your point, I completely agree.

Now, if only "Manning" was a good football name...

:laugh: right?

How does it muddy the waters to say that Auburn isn't recruiting all 1500 three star recruits. We're recruiting a subset of those players, and within that subset, it's wrong to say their odds of hitting the league is .8% (or whatever the overall number is). That's why I don't scoff at a three-star recruit. It's a highly rated guy. Not a run of the mill three-star.

You don't need to put the five-stars at small schools because nothing I said has a bearing on those guys. It's not a comment on the impact of coaching. I was simply stating a clear fact that most three-star players aren't good enough to get an Auburn offer. Those that do are seen as better prospects than those that don't.

• 5 months later...

He has cancer. Prayers for him.

Damn.

My reaction, exactly.

Some good news, though.

Auburn defensive tackle commit Tashawn Manning of Wekiva (Fla.) has been diagnosed witth cancer, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

Manning, who cancelled his Iron Bowl official visit, learned the news last week.

Per the Sentinel, he has "Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APML)" and he already is "recovering from the effects of his first chemotherapy."

“He has a 90 percent chance of it being cured, which is very, very good,” Buck Manning, Tashawn's father, told the Sentinel.

More.

Auburn will see him through. Godspeed young man! We will see you when you are ready.

Sorry to hear that, but how fortunate for him that he is committed to a team that happens to have Shon Coleman on it. I hope Shon is reaching out to him.

Saw this pop up earlier. Prayers to this young man and his family. Looking forward to seeing him play after a full recovery!

I can't link it right now but there is an article out that we are honoring his scholarship. It will be waiting on him whenever he is ready. I pray that healing will come quickly for him.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25399836/auburn-holding-scholarship-for-recruit-with-cancer-diagnosis

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:33p ET

Already being discussed in the Tashawn Manning Recruiting Thread.

Per a report from the Orlando Sentinel, 2016 Auburn commitment Tashawn Manning has been diagnosed with Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia.

A 2-star defensive tackle out of Apopka, Fla., Manning was supposed to attend the Iron Bowl between Auburn and rival Alabama. However, he learned of his diagnosis on Thanksgiving morning.

Manning was slated to become an early enrollee this upcoming January. While this plan ultimately won't come to fruition, the prospect and his family are extremely upbeat.

"He has a 90-percent chance of it being cured, which is very, very good," Manning's father Buck told the Orlando Sentinel.

Shon Coleman -- Auburn's current starting left tackle -- was also diagnosed with APL back in 2010. It took him two full-years to beat the disease, and now is an integral member of the squad.

"He won't be able to go to Auburn and enroll early," said Manning's father. "We talked to Auburn and they said they got his back and they support him 100-percent; that he's part of the Auburn family."

Auburn will honor his scholarship offer, as soon as Manning is able to attend school.

(h/t Orlando Sentinel)

Archived