I'm confused and getting kind of nervous

AURex

Signing all 3 star and unranked kids are fine when we have a coaching staff that is a much better on the field coaching staff than our main competitors. We are lacking on DT recruiting right now. Our DT coach is also lacking in the on the field coaching area. His greatest asset throughout his career has been recruiting. He has been a very good recruiter, but never a good coach. We need for him to live up to his reputation as a good recruiter to offset his coaching liability. Where are Don Dunn, Terry Price and T Rocker when you need them?

wde

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't agree more. Arkansas is a prime example of a team that usually can't even be found in the recruiting rankings but consistently puts a competitive team on the field. We have way more talent than the Hogs this year on paper but defeating them in Fayetteville is not going to be easy. Plus look at all of the NFL rosters littered with low star ranked guys. It's as much about coaching, development and scheme as it is about star rankings.

Until proven otherwise this defensive staff deserves our trust and support. Muschamp has barely been on board six months for heaven's sake and hasn't even coached in a single game (no the bowl game doesn't count).

We need to play Auburn football this fall, and more importantly show something on the field resembling traditional Auburn defense. If this happens and Lawson, Adams and Cowart are creating havoc for opposing offenses the DL recruiting picture will change dramatically in our favor.

It's June. Chill out and enjoy the upcoming season which has the potential to be special. Come next February I believe we'll sign a class of kids, including on the DL, that will be special and enable our program to compete for SEC titles and perhaps even national championships.

WDE,

Jim

Quote: ".I think I am gonna side with the coaches and onfield performance vs a nervous poster"

Well and good, but you pick a team of all 3* players, let me pick my team of all 5* players, kick it off and who do you think wins the game 95% of the time? I will. If we swap teams you'll win.

How many 5* and 4* talent do we have right now? How many top 10 recruiting classes have we filed ed the past 4, 5 years? Hogwash with all these 5 star this and that. Coaching has as much to do with winning, if not more, than talent alone. How can you go winless in your conference with multiple 4* & 5* on the field? TCU, how many highly ranked players do they have, k State? I'm just saying that high ranking recruits doesn't necessarily lead to fielding great teams. Are they good to have, of course if they fit into yous scheme. I'd venture out on a limb and say that our coaches know way more about X's and O's and who it takes to make this team better than 99.9% of the people on this message forum. I apologize if I rubbed someone wrong but I get tired of seeing "fans" (short for fanatics) mouthing off as if they could do better or know what really is happening. I do indeed trust our well compensated coaching staff. War Eagle

I'm on your side and all but when trying to make the case for three stars it's probably best not to use three five stars as the examples expected to create havoc in backfields this fall. Jmo.

Signing all 3 star and unranked kids are fine when we have a coaching staff that is a much better on the field coaching staff than our main competitors. We are lacking on DT recruiting right now. Our DT coach is also lacking in the on the field coaching area. His greatest asset throughout his career has been recruiting. He has been a very good recruiter, but never a good coach. We need for him to live up to his reputation as a good recruiter to offset his coaching liability.

wde

We are not going to close out with all 3 stars, PERIOD.

Some of those currently listed as 3 stars will not be 3 stars when the final signing period comes to an end. We already have two three stars that are starting to blow it up. They will be 4 stars before the end of the period. One has a chance to jump to a 5 star.

Landon Rice is one that could have a huge jump. The other is our under the radar pickup Daquan Newkirk.

Signing all 3 star and unranked kids are fine when we have a coaching staff that is a much better on the field coaching staff than our main competitors. We are lacking on DT recruiting right now. Our DT coach is also lacking in the on the field coaching area. His greatest asset throughout his career has been recruiting. He has been a very good recruiter, but never a good coach. We need for him to live up to his reputation as a good recruiter to offset his coaching liability.

wde

Some of those currently listed as 3 stars will not be 3 stars when the final signing period comes to an end. We already have two three stars that are starting to blow it up. They will be 4 stars before the end of the period. One has a chance to jump to a 5 star.

Landon Rice is one that could have a huge jump. The other is our under the radar pickup Daquan Newkirk.

I am posting specifically about DTs. Is Landon Rice a DT? I thought Newkirk was a DE.

wde

Last June I predicted that a year from then Auburn would:

Have Muschamp as the DC.

Sign Byron Cowart.

Hire Lance Thompson from UA.

Make a record run in the Women's CWS.

Go deep in the Mens' SECBB Tournament.

Only have two 3 star DT's committed and that they would be diamonds in the rough.

BOOM!

Have Muschamp as the DC.

Sign Byron Cowart.

Only have two 3 star DT's committed and that they would be diamonds in the rough.

BOOM!

Link

Have Muschamp as the DC.

Sign Byron Cowart.

BOOM!

Please provide a link to your predictions last year. Also, what do your predictions from last year (if you can prove them) have to do with how good or bad our DT recruiting is going? Thanks for your quick response.

wde

Have Muschamp as the DC.

Sign Byron Cowart.

BOOM!

didnt you also predict I would be a lottery winner?

Hmmm. If I recall correctly my prediction was so outrageous, controversial and upsetting that it was deleted and I was banned for a month.

That is my story anyway.

Point is that if there is such an obvious and glaring weakness on the this coaching staff as stated here that Gus will address it accordingly in my opinion.

Hmmm. If I recall correctly my prediction was so outrageous, controversial and upsetting that it was deleted and I was banned for a month.

That is my story anyway.

Point is that if there is such an obvious and glaring weakness on the this coaching staff as stated here that Gus will address it accordingly in my opinion.

Weak ass response. Back up your predictions. There is no way that the mods on this board would ever ban a poster or delete a prediction who/that was positive towards AU. I am calling BS on you.

wde

I couldn't agree more. Arkansas is a prime example of a team that usually can't even be found in the recruiting rankings but consistently puts a competitive team on the field. We have way more talent than the Hogs this year on paper but defeating them in Fayetteville is not going to be easy. Plus look at all of the NFL rosters littered with low star ranked guys. It's as much about coaching, development and scheme as it is about star rankings.

Until proven otherwise this defensive staff deserves our trust and support. Muschamp has barely been on board six months for heaven's sake and hasn't even coached in a single game (no the bowl game doesn't count).

We need to play Auburn football this fall, and more importantly show something on the field resembling traditional Auburn defense. If this happens and Lawson, Adams and Cowart are creating havoc for opposing offenses the DL recruiting picture will change dramatically in our favor.

It's June. Chill out and enjoy the upcoming season which has the potential to be special. Come next February I believe we'll sign a class of kids, including on the DL, that will be special and enable our program to compete for SEC titles and perhaps even national championships.

WDE,

Jim

Quote: ".I think I am gonna side with the coaches and onfield performance vs a nervous poster"

Well and good, but you pick a team of all 3* players, let me pick my team of all 5* players, kick it off and who do you think wins the game 95% of the time? I will. If we swap teams you'll win.

How many 5* and 4* talent do we have right now? How many top 10 recruiting classes have we filed ed the past 4, 5 years? Hogwash with all these 5 star this and that. Coaching has as much to do with winning, if not more, than talent alone. How can you go winless in your conference with multiple 4* & 5* on the field? TCU, how many highly ranked players do they have, k State? I'm just saying that high ranking recruits doesn't necessarily lead to fielding great teams. Are they good to have, of course if they fit into yous scheme. I'd venture out on a limb and say that our coaches know way more about X's and O's and who it takes to make this team better than 99.9% of the people on this message forum. I apologize if I rubbed someone wrong but I get tired of seeing "fans" (short for fanatics) mouthing off as if they could do better or know what really is happening. I do indeed trust our well compensated coaching staff. War Eagle

I'm on your side and all but when trying to make the case for three stars it's probably best not to use three five stars as the examples expected to create havoc in backfields this fall. Jmo.

I didn't if you read my post. I used Lawson, Adams and Cowart as reasons why our DL recruiting can improve dramatically between now and signing day if they are able to step up and have a productive 2015 season.

A 3* DT and a 3* DE decommit. Then a 3* DT and a 3* DE commit. Why all the angst ? The 3*s are usually the ones that commit early and the 5*s late.

Our biggest competitors have been getting 4 and 5* while we counter with 3*. I'm not saying 3* guys are garbage but I do understand why some are starting to get antsy.

Too many hetre look at recruiting in the "Auburn Vacuum". You've got to look at what those around us are doing.

Yes but we also can't assume rankings and ratings are accurate, especially since we aren't even halfway through this cycle yet.

It was a joke. RELAX. My point is that things change quickly and generally in that right direction for Auburn.

Wow Guys. Even my socially off arse even realized it was a joke. lol

Won't be till Monday but I have some insight to what's happening on the DL front. I'm not concerned about it as much anymore.

same here

Won't be till Monday but I have some insight to what's happening on the DL front. I'm not concerned about it as much anymore.

This. WDE and I can't tell y'all till Monday.

Can't wait to read this.

same here

To be fair, you drink beer often so you don't feel much of anything.

wde

I am posting specifically about DTs. Is Landon Rice a DT? I thought Newkirk was a DE.

wde

I was speaking about judging athletes based upon current star ratings. Some will rise, some will fall. They have yet to play their senior seasons and there way too many camps, all star games, one on ones, etc. left to go.

In addition, Auburn is far from finished for this recruiting cycle. Used these as two examples. People were complaining a few days ago about Newkirk being unranked as well.

A 3* DT and a 3* DE decommit. Then a 3* DT and a 3* DE commit. Why all the angst ? The 3*s are usually the ones that commit early and the 5*s late.

Our biggest competitors have been getting 4 and 5* while we counter with 3*. I'm not saying 3* guys are garbage but I do understand why some are starting to get antsy.

Too many here look at recruiting in the "Auburn Vacuum". You've got to look at what those around us are doing.

Yes I know what our competitors are getting.

Bama has 7-3*s total, the DL is 1-4*,1-3*.

UGa has 5-3*s total, the DL is 1-5*, 2- 4*s.

LSU has 5-3*s total, the DL is 1-5*, 1-4*, 3-3*s.

UGa is killing it on the DL right now. But notice that Bama has 1 DL 3* and LSU has 3 DL 3*s. My point was we just made an even swap of 2- 3* DLs but one would think we just lost 2- 5*DLs and got 2- 3*s.

same here

To be fair, you drink beer often so you don't feel much of anything.

Just what are you saying or implying e? That I may have a drinking problem. PBR's are like metamucil for me and another plus is the way it helps my golf game. Ruh roh sounds like excuses to me guess I need to cut down.

Too many here look at recruiting in the "Auburn Vacuum". You've got to look at what those around us are doing.

Yes I know what our competitors are getting. Bama has 7-3*s total, the DL= 1-4*,1-3*. UGa has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 2- 4*s. LSU has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 1-4*, 3-3*s. UGa is killing it on the DL right now. Notice that Bama has 1 DL 3* and LSU has 3 DL 3*s.

My point was we just made an even swap. You would think we just lost two DL 5*s and got two 3*s.

Sooo from what you just posted, our 3 biggest rivals are all out-recruiting us on the DL. Gotcha.

Archived