I'm confused and getting kind of nervous

AURex

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be so glad when August gets here!!!! SMH!!!

Me too. The jump off the ledge crew is out in full force tonight and it's only June,lol.

A 3* DT and a 3* DE decommit. Then a 3* DT and a 3* DE commit. Why all the angst ? The 3*s are usually the ones that commit early and the 5*s late.

Our biggest competitors have been getting 4 and 5* while we counter with 3*. I'm not saying 3* guys are garbage but I do understand why some are starting to get antsy.

Too many here look at recruiting in the "Auburn Vacuum". You've got to look at what those around us are doing.

Yes I know what our competitors are getting. Bama has 7-3*s total, the DL= 1-4*,1-3*. UGa has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 2- 4*s. LSU has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 1-4*, 3-3*s. UGa is killing it on the DL right now. Notice that Bama has 1 DL 3* and LSU has 3 DL 3*s.

My point was we just made an even swap. You would think we just lost two DL 5*s and got two 3*s.

Sooo from what you just posted, our 3 biggest rivals are all out-recruiting us on the DL. Gotcha.

I see we just swapped 2 DL 3*s, I see a lot of 3*s sprinkled around up there, I see it's only June of '15, I see it's a work in progress for everybody and finally I don't see anything to get excited about in June. So no, I don't think you "got me".

Won't be till Monday but I have some insight to what's happening on the DL front. I'm not concerned about it as much anymore.

Can't wait to read this.

great. Will look for it in this thread if you don't post a new topic

Overall I expect a top 10 class, but the DT recruiting is still a concern....

FIFY. Becomes DL if we miss on Davidson and Tony Clayton.

This^^

A 3* DT and a 3* DE decommit. Then a 3* DT and a 3* DE commit. Why all the angst ? The 3*s are usually the ones that commit early and the 5*s late.

Our biggest competitors have been getting 4 and 5* while we counter with 3*. I'm not saying 3* guys are garbage but I do understand why some are starting to get antsy.

Too many here look at recruiting in the "Auburn Vacuum". You've got to look at what those around us are doing.

Yes I know what our competitors are getting. Bama has 7-3*s total, the DL= 1-4*,1-3*. UGa has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 2- 4*s. LSU has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 1-4*, 3-3*s. UGa is killing it on the DL right now. Notice that Bama has 1 DL 3* and LSU has 3 DL 3*s.

My point was we just made an even swap. You would think we just lost two DL 5*s and got two 3*s.

Sooo from what you just posted, our 3 biggest rivals are all out-recruiting us on the DL. Gotcha.

I see we just swapped 2 DL 3*s, I see a lot of 3*s sprinkled around up there, I see it's only June of '15, I see it's a work in progress for everybody and finally I don't see anything to get excited about in June. So no, I don't think you "got me".

You really don't have to be so defensive. I do find it funny that you choose to say we "swapped" them and so deftly avoid the fact that we had two 3* guys at a HUGE position of need decommit within a few days of one another.

You really don't have to be so defensive. I do find it funny that you choose to say we "swapped" them and so deftly avoid the fact that we had two 3* guys at a HUGE position of need decommit within a few days of one another.

Nobody is being defensive or ignoring anything, lol. No, you are just reading into things something that isn't there. To the contrary, I mentioned the decommits several times, hardly ignoring them but I also pointed out the 2 new commits that countered them. The status quo was maintained, but if you want to think the sky is falling in June of '15, please go right ahead.

Nobody is being defensive or ignoring anything, lol. No, you are just reading into things something that isn't there. To the contrary, I mentioned the decommits several times, hardly ignoring them but I also pointed out the 2 new commits that countered them. The status quo was maintained, but if you want to think the sky is falling in June of '15, please go right ahead.

Just don't pick out something you think is easy to pick on and blow it out of proportion, chimes. We already have a poster who specializes in that.

Won't be till Monday but I have some insight to what's happening on the DL front. I'm not concerned about it as much anymore.

same here

To be fair, you drink beer often so you don't feel much of anything.

Just what are you saying or implying e? That I may have a drinking problem. PBR's are like metamucil for me and another plus is the way it helps my golf game. Ruh roh sounds like excuses to me guess I need to cut down.

lol. I was just using the opportunity to pick on ya buddy.

Well now, good words from a voice that usually speaks with accuracy. :thumbsup:

I am not worried at all. If we landed these guys on signing day, it would be an act of.desperation. it is still early in the recruiting season so obviously our coaches see something in these guys to give them an offer.

Pretty much my (based on little football expertise) opinion. It's a little early for coaches to be offering 3*'s unless they see real potential/talent. So I'll trust the coaches and I'm not too concerned. Now if we only had 1-2 DL schollies left, I might feel differently.

I really don't want this to keep going because it's trivial at best...but in reading through our quoted text, you use the word "decommit" once (not several times) and "swap" or "swapped" twice. Like I said, it really isn't that big of a deal. I just thought it was a peculiar word choice.

I don't think the sky is falling but I do (as I said in my original post) understand why some are getting antsy.

I could be wrong but I get the impression that while Chimes believes what he is saying I think he is also posting in good fun. Feel free to correct me as needed Chimes.

I could be wrong but I get the impression that while Chimes believes what he is saying I think he is also posting in good fun. Feel free to correct me as needed Chimes.

You are correct.

"Behind every good man there's a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man. She was a hip, hip, hip lady, man."
080418-5top-dazed-confused.grid-6x2.jpg

Intentionally obtuse word games, oh what fun. :rolleyes:

;)

Intentionally obtuse word games, oh what fun. :rolleyes:

;)

lol. I don't know what obtuse means in that context but my intent was to try to read Chimes without stepping on anyone's toes.

Doubtful that our two recent commits remain 3-stars. At least one if not both will end up as 4-stars. We are still the favorite to land Davidson, it's looking like Antwuan Jackson, a 4-star DL, will be committing in the next few weeks.

Intentionally obtuse word games, oh what fun. :rolleyes:/>

;)/>

Certainly meant what I said but didn't want it to turn ugly or personal. I could feel your anger/frustration coming through the screen and definitely didn't want that. I think we'll have to agree to disagree and move on.

Wasn't Sammy Coates a 2* when he committed?

I've only made it to the second page of responses, but was about to mention Sammie after seeing some of the comments anyway. Pretty sure Coates was, indeed, a 2 star (which only means the player has yet to be evaluated) when he committed, and he finished as a mere 3 star...but he got his scholarship offer at an AU camp after the coaches saw how much speed he had with his frame (think I remember he ran a laser timed 4.3 40, or something along those lines).

Coaches do their own evaluations, or at least they should. Any coach who goes after players purely because of their rating on some internet site does not belong in the SEC.

Archived