I'm confused and getting kind of nervous

AURex

Thanks WDE!! With the 2 kids being FL recruits, one had to think Boom knew these kids. And Boykin has become a personal favorite of mine.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks WDE!! With the 2 kids being FL recruits, one had to think Boom knew these kids. And Boykin has become a personal favorite of mine.

I'm told, and I don't know who, there are a couple others out there. AU is going to sign some kids who can help on the DL next year and sign some who can develop a year.

I'm not in the "sky is falling" group. It's early and there's still time. That having been said, to claim that the current state of our DL recruiting is just wonderful and there is no need for concern is simply not true. IF (caps intended) things continue on their current course we won't be "fine" on signing day next February. Instead we'll be disappointed.

Many, but not all of the big names that were talked up as Auburn targets have committed elsewhere or are no longer targets for other reasons. Worry, fear, etc. are not appropriate but concern certainly is. When a ship's captain becomes concerned about rocks ahead he changes course, he doesn't ignore the rocks. Our DL recruiting needs a course change and to recognize that does not make someone a Nervous Nellie.

This was discussed on another board to some extent but here is what I was told by some people who would know. And as you know I was VERY worried about the DL recruiting and was told AU was not a while back.

CWM has to appvove all defensive recruits. Period. He wants kids that can move. Particularly on the DL. These last couple of "under the radar" kids have been on CWM's radar for months. Fast, athletic, teachable kids. Plenty of room to grow physically & mentally. And basically CWM made the move because they, and they will be a couple of others, are not so "under the radar" anymore. uat offer one a couple weeks ago and its a "committable" offer. CWM just likes these last couple of D-line commits better than some of the higher rated kids.

And AU will have a couple of top rated DL's and DE's sign next February. Going to get one DL next month. Could get a commit from a top DE anytime.

So in other words. Boom has this under control. And he isn't worred at all.

Good info WDE. Thanks

Won't be till Monday but I have some insight to what's happening on the DL front. I'm not concerned about it as much anymore.

You got my attention. Now I'm curious.

Won't be till Monday but I have some insight to what's happening on the DL front. I'm not concerned about it as much anymore.

Keep reading ....

:poke:

Keep reading ....

good lord britt are you working on your post count......

Keep reading ....

Just didn't want Rex to be waiting for Monday's insight from WDE.

Keep reading ....

Not like I do. lol

A 3* DT and a 3* DE decommit. Then a 3* DT and a 3* DE commit. Why all the angst ? The 3*s are usually the ones that commit early and the 5*s late.

Our biggest competitors have been getting 4 and 5* while we counter with 3*. I'm not saying 3* guys are garbage but I do understand why some are starting to get antsy.

Too many here look at recruiting in the "Auburn Vacuum". You've got to look at what those around us are doing.

Yes I know what our competitors are getting. Bama has 7-3*s total, the DL= 1-4*,1-3*. UGa has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 2- 4*s. LSU has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 1-4*, 3-3*s. UGa is killing it on the DL right now. Notice that Bama has 1 DL 3* and LSU has 3 DL 3*s.

My point was we just made an even swap. You would think we just lost two DL 5*s and got two 3*s.

Sooo from what you just posted, our 3 biggest rivals are all out-recruiting us on the DL. Gotcha.

I see we just swapped 2 DL 3*s, I see a lot of 3*s sprinkled around up there, I see it's only June of '15, I see it's a work in progress for everybody and finally I don't see anything to get excited about in June. So no, I don't think you "got me".

You really don't have to be so defensive. I do find it funny that you choose to say we "swapped" them and so deftly avoid the fact that we had two 3* guys at a HUGE position of need decommit within a few days of one another.

Both of the de-commits want to re-commit and we get to decide if we want them back.

I'm suggesting that Sammie may very well become the next John Stallworth. Check back in several years and we'll see how things are looking.

Both of the de-commits want to re-commit

I have not seen anything anywhere where Q wants back in FWIW

Both of the de-commits want to re-commit

I have not seen anything anywhere where Q wants back in FWIW

You are right I should have said one of them.

Keep reading ....

Just didn't want Rex to be waiting for Monday's insight from WDE.

Your so thoughtful britt

A 3* DT and a 3* DE decommit. Then a 3* DT and a 3* DE commit. Why all the angst ? The 3*s are usually the ones that commit early and the 5*s late.

Our biggest competitors have been getting 4 and 5* while we counter with 3*. I'm not saying 3* guys are garbage but I do understand why some are starting to get antsy.

Too many here look at recruiting in the "Auburn Vacuum". You've got to look at what those around us are doing.

Yes I know what our competitors are getting. Bama has 7-3*s total, the DL= 1-4*,1-3*. UGa has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 2- 4*s. LSU has 5-3*s total, the DL= 1-5*, 1-4*, 3-3*s. UGa is killing it on the DL right now. Notice that Bama has 1 DL 3* and LSU has 3 DL 3*s.

My point was we just made an even swap. You would think we just lost two DL 5*s and got two 3*s.

Sooo from what you just posted, our 3 biggest rivals are all out-recruiting us on the DL. Gotcha.

I see we just swapped 2 DL 3*s, I see a lot of 3*s sprinkled around up there, I see it's only June of '15, I see it's a work in progress for everybody and finally I don't see anything to get excited about in June. So no, I don't think you "got me".

You really don't have to be so defensive. I do find it funny that you choose to say we "swapped" them and so deftly avoid the fact that we had two 3* guys at a HUGE position of need decommit within a few days of one another.

Both of the de-commits want to re-commit and we get to decide if we want them back.

Ugh...we've been over this already. So what if they (or just one of them) wants back? They still decommitted primarily due to interest from our biggest rival.

Hypothetical situation: your girlfriend breaks up with you due to interest from another guy. The other guy tells your ex he's not looking for a serious relationship so she comes crawling back. Just because she wants back doesn't return everything to the status quo.

Ugh...we've been over this already. So what if they (or just one of them) wants back? They still decommitted primarily due to interest from our biggest rival.

Hypothetical situation: your girlfriend breaks up with you due to interest from another guy. The other guy tells your ex he's not looking for a serious relationship so she comes crawling back. Just because she wants back doesn't return everything to the status quo.

I think this makes several times uve used the "girl" analogy in recruiting lol. Makes me laugh everytime, but it's very true

The status quo was achieved when you replaced your pretty ex-girlfriend, with a new girlfriend that is just as pretty or even prettier. ;D

The status quo was achieved when you replaced your pretty ex-girlfriend, with a new girlfriend that is just as pretty or even prettier. ;D

Best to have three girlfriends at the same time. :hellyeah:

LOL.

But I'm wondering who is actually the girl, here. Y'all are putting the recruits in the role of girls; but I think maybe Auburn is the girl. Some of these young guys want to be wanted by multiple girls; some want to play the field; some find Auburn more attractive than Alabama; and so on.

Best to have three girlfriends at the same time. :punk:

HAHA, I tried that a couple times back in the day. Now that's some hard work, whew.

Best to have three girlfriends at the same time. :hellyeah:

I actually got away with that back in kindergarten. Had two "girlfriends" at school who would "fight" over me, then went home to my third "girlfriend", my next door neighbor.

Unfortunately, my game seemed to dry up once I turned 7........

I think this makes several times uve used the "girl" analogy in recruiting lol. Makes me laugh everytime, but it's very true

Haha you're right. I always try to break things down into scenarios that people can relate to. I do it coaching as well and find that it's a good way for players to better understand what's happening on the court/field.

The status quo was achieved when you replaced your pretty ex-girlfriend, with a new girlfriend that is just as pretty or even prettier. ;D/>

Best to have three girlfriends at the same time. :punk:/>

HAHA, I tried that a couple times back in the day. Now that's some hard work, whew.

Spoken like True PIMPS^^ to me

Haha you're right. I always try to break things down into scenarios that people can relate to. I do it coaching as well and find that it's a good way for players to better understand what's happening on the court/field.

Tis an outstanding philosophy for any kind of teaching; I've had a lot of success tutoring athletes in math by making sports analogies to relate the material, because once they realize that the only real difficulty is understanding the terminology, they start thinking of it in their own terms and figuring things out much better on their own. :)

Tis an outstanding philosophy for any kind of teaching; I've had a lot of success tutoring athletes in math by making sports analogies to relate the material, because once they realize that the only real difficulty is understanding the terminology, they start thinking of it in their own terms and figuring things out much better on their own. :)/>

;)

Archived