I'm confused and getting kind of nervous

AURex

I'm sure the coaches are disappointed that they have not managed to land the talent on the DL that they want. But it is not a matter of them just going after 3 stars like Tuberville did. These coaches are fighting, scrapping and going overboard to get the top talent. We need to remember that this is just Malzahn's third year and last year was disappointing. If Auburn can establish some consistency and the defense can improve then we will see some real gains in recruiting. I remember when Coach K was hired for the Duke basketball position. His first three years he went after all the big players and got NONE of them. Many wanted to fire him. But he established his program and the recruiting improved. I believe Gus Malzahn is the brightest coach in America. Certainly Muschamp is an excellent coach. We have proven assistants. We just need to get some good back-to- back seasons in. As to this year, the coaches seem to have expanded their search for DL players to a nationwide area. I believe we will pull in a couple of superstars before this is over. A lot of the big dogs wait and see where everyone is going and what schools still have openings for them to contribute right away. We will snag some of those guys. Also, as the class comes together, recruits will get excited. Once the season is on and Auburn is playing well and in the national spotlight, we will generate some more interest. I believe the team is in good hands.

We are doing fine recruiting. Don't know why some are panicking in July.

We are going to get some of the big names we are after, but we will not get all of them. In the end, look for anywhere from top 3-10 class,specially if we have a championship year.

In short, not worried at all. Gus,Mushamp, and the rest of the coaching staff know what they are doing.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the coaches are disappointed that they have not managed to land the talent on the DL that they want. But it is not a matter of them just going after 3 stars like Tuberville did. These coaches are fighting, scrapping and going overboard to get the top talent. We need to remember that this is just Malzahn's third year and last year was disappointing. If Auburn can establish some consistency and the defense can improve then we will see some real gains in recruiting. I remember when Coach K was hired for the Duke basketball position. His first three years he went after all the big players and got NONE of them. Many wanted to fire him. But he established his program and the recruiting improved. I believe Gus Malzahn is the brightest coach in America. Certainly Muschamp is an excellent coach. We have proven assistants. We just need to get some good back-to- back seasons in. As to this year, the coaches seem to have expanded their search for DL players to a nationwide area. I believe we will pull in a couple of superstars before this is over. A lot of the big dogs wait and see where everyone is going and what schools still have openings for them to contribute right away. We will snag some of those guys. Also, as the class comes together, recruits will get excited. Once the season is on and Auburn is playing well and in the national spotlight, we will generate some more interest. I believe the team is in good hands.

The only mild disagreement I would have with this is that I don't know if the coaches are so much unhappy with recruiting. Remember, just because a kid isn't committed doesn't mean he isn't heavily leaning, in the same way that just because a kid is committed doesn't mean he is going to sign. The coaches have a much better idea of their relationships with these prospects than we do, and in any case we don't have much impact on it all, so...lol.

Honestly, if I were to guess, we could have commitments from at least a couple of more highly rated players who simply aren't as high on the coaches' boards as other guys who are still wavering and/or won't decide until later. Let us not forget that it's still 7 months until NSD...

Archived