2016 K Sage Ledbetter

RunInRed

What position is Sage going to play? His highlights are of field goals and kicking off, but I read a tweet this AM that he may punt. So does anyone know. Kid is in great shape.

What position is Sage going to play? His highlights are of field goals and kicking off, but I read a tweet this AM that he may punt. So does anyone know. Kid is in great shape.

Who posted the punter tweet? The Commit article by BMatt sounds like he's a kicker for us.

Who posted the punter tweet? The Commit article by BMatt sounds like he's a kicker for us.

E, I went back and found the tweet. Guy was responding to AUfamily and said "punter I hope". Kicker makes sense.

I agree with the tweet a bit though. The punter we signed this past year from Marietta is good with nice hang time, but AL sure lucked out with their long distance punter they have. He can change the field.

There are now so many soccer-trained kickers with virtually equal strength & accuracy in both feet, I'm awaiting the day kicks inside the 40 are taken with the foot based on the ball's hash mark placement. Would make sense. I mention this because I happen to know this talented young man has ambidextrous feet.

I know soccer players are becoming great FG kickers, but even soccer players typically have a dominant foot. To see an ambidextrous footed kicker would be really cool!

We had a highly rated recruit in about '80 that was ambidextrous. Was going to be a game-changer. It didn't work out....but you may be talking about an earlier time.

Yost underperformed for a HS All-American. I walked on to punt his freshman year. His ego outmatched his work ethic. There is a reason John Vaughn as a sophomore took all the field goals inside 50 yds and XP, when Yost was a senior.

• 2 months later...

Archived