2016 3* DE/OT Micheal Boykin (Louisville commit)

ellitor

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wanted to commit earlier but we didn't let him. He took a visit to Louisville and loved it, muschamp called him to let him know we wanted him but he didn't like how he was being used as a back up plan

Hope we can flip him, if not we blew this one

"WE" didn't blow anyone Kemosabe!!

My apologies, I thought you were an Auburn fan

He wanted to commit earlier but we didn't let him. He took a visit to Louisville and loved it, muschamp called him to let him know we wanted him but he didn't like how he was being used as a back up plan

So he is GG Robinson 2.0. lol

Sorry guys. I was told it would be AU. I don't believe this one is over.

Well he would be a tiger if we did not slow play him and made him a take before yesterday..

Hope we can flip him, if not we blew this one

Yup! I don't like the way we played the game on this one for the moment. With that said, if we can get him for the cookout this weekend he seems easily flipable.

Sorry guys. I was told it would be AU. I don't believe this one is over.

Well he would be a tiger if we did not slow play him and made him a take before yesterday..

except a lot more potential.

When we "unleash the hounds" against the Cardinals offense in the GA Dome he might reconsider his decision... If he hasn't by then. Everyone is still up for grabs until they sign that little piece of paper.

Was that the OL from last year where the same thing happened ?

GG was the legacy DT we did not offer til just before NSD and he chose the Cards instead.

GG was the legacy DT we did not offer til just before NSD and he chose the Cards instead.

Yes, that's the one I was thinking about. I was thinking OT instead of DT for some reason but it was almost the same type of story as this one.

A Louisville insider CB'd him to Louisville today.

Rutgers insider CB'd him to AU today.

Well obviously some "insiders" crystal balls were cloudy...including AU's

Normally, I don't fret over guys like this. I kinda wish we had taken him when he was ready.

Meanwhile...back at the Legion of BOOM, I imagine we have to feel good about several guys higher on the board, if we were so torn on whether to take Boykin, or not. Nevermind the fact we already have Cowart, and Tega for several more years.

Boykin was not a "take" on the DE. CWM did not call him and tell him he was like is being reported. FWIW.

Not surprised at all. Seems like a certain HC, and DC @ UofL have a hard awn for AU. Petrino, for obvious reasons, and Grantham did not like the way the 2013 uga game went down.

Anyone who actually believes they are beating us for kids needs some counseling.

Archived