2016 3* DE/OT Micheal Boykin (Louisville commit)

ellitor

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And all these reports are subsequent to the commitments.

Most have been well before commitments actually. Only Boykin & AU truly know if he was a take. If he was then it's a loss. If he wasn't then it's not. Plain and simple.

Alright E. Next time I hear something along the lines of "Keith doesn't believe he is a take anyway," after we waited for the player to commit, thinking he was a take, I'm calling you on it. But for now, that's fine.

I do believe AU wanted the kid but he was not a take on the DE. Great athlete who could play several spots. AU slow played him and Louisville made him a priority. All I said were the reports of CWM calling him and telling him he was in on the DE were not true. It was a loss but not a huge loss.

Fair and balanced, IMO. Thanks, WDE!

So are we still recruiting him even with his commitment to L'ville? Or moving on?

Well we wasn't really know if it's a huge loss until we see them play

Bingo!

:dunno::nopityA:

Can someone explain what a violin smiley means? TIA

Bingo!

:dunno:/> :nopityA:/>

It means he had nothing to say

Bingo!

Actually it can say a lot. Just depends.

Bingo!

Actually it can say a lot. Just depends.

What do your adult diapers have to do with this conversation?

• 2 months later...

Since I have seen Auburn start offering JUCO DL are we going to get back in it for this kid or has the shipped sailed? Also any idea if we go back after the Williams and Marshall kids that we had committed before?

We seem to be going after more 3* linemen. Many of the 4* and 5* guys haven't worked so well for various reasons.

We seem to be going after more 3* linemen. Many of the 4* and 5* guys haven't worked so well for various reasons.

We haven't signed nearly the number of 4 and 5* linemen that we wanted to sign. If we're going after lower rated guys now it's because we can't get the higher rated guys. Throw in the odd prospect here and there that our coaches like better than the recruiting services.

You can bet your britches that we haven't made a conscious decision to intentionally sign lower rated prospects.

Archived