2016 3* JUCO OT Demetri Moore (Virginia Tech commit)

IronMan70

1698716.jpg

Demetri Moore, 6'6" 295 lbs.

2016 3* JUCO OT

Mississippi Delta Community College

EDIT: Offered on 9/10/15 https://auburn.rival...asp?CID=1801247

Below is a front page article, posted today by Jeff Lee, on the Auburn homepage at Rivals. There was no thread on him here yet so I'm just posting the article so all are aware. With others still in the picture it's hard to tell where this goes, if anywhere, but he sure does look the part and at a solid 6'6" 295 lbs., that's a start. When you consider what he says, as well as all the AU pics he posted on twitter, it also appears he sure does like him some Auburn.

June 24, 2015

JUCO looking for offer

Jeffrey Lee

AuburnSports.com Senior Editor

AUBURN | Auburn would like to sign at least one junior college offensive tackle in its 2016 class, and played host over the weekend to a potential candidate.

spacer1.gif

Demetri Moore, 6-foot-6 and 295 pounds from Mississippi Delta Community College in Moorhead, was in Auburn on Friday and stayed until Saturday. "It went great," Moore said. "I loved the campus and everything about it. I've always loved Auburn."

Moore is familiar with Auburn. He grew up just outside of Birmingham and graduated from Huffman in 2014.

Moore would like to return to his home state to finish college. He'd like to return and finish at Auburn. There's just one thing missing.

"They haven't offered, but they told me they really like me, that they really want me," Moore said. "They want me to come back and meet the offensive line coach (J.B. Grimes)."

Moore believes his offer status from Auburn could change when he does. "I feel like they are going to offer," he said. "They just want me to come back, sit down and talk to Coach Grimes. I'm supposed to go back in July, but I don't know the date."

Cincinnati, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Iowa State and Kansas State all have offered. Moore currently lists Mississippi State, Cincinnati and Kentucky as his top three.

An offer from Auburn would change and possibly end Moore's recruitment. "It would be hard to pass on," he said. "I've always loved Auburn. That was my team." Moore is on pace to graduate junior college in December.

https://auburn.rival...asp?CID=1777708

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious why the guy hasn't been rated? is it talent or he has just flown under the radar? :dunno:

Juco. A great deal of them are slow to get rated by sites..

Curious why the guy hasn't been rated? is it talent or he has just flown under the radar? :dunno:

Could be any number of reasons, but if our staff is serious about him, then it's not talent. Say what you will about our DL recruiting, but we've pretty much killed it on the OL.

Could be any number of reasons, but if our staff is serious about him, then it's not talent. Say what you will about our DL recruiting, but we've pretty much killed it on the OL.

I think AU is holding off a little with Moore because if he gets an offer he would pull the trigger right then. One of his coaches is a huge AU guy. Good dude. Kid looks the part.

I think AU is holding off a little with Moore because if he gets an offer he would pull the trigger right then. One of his coaches is a huge AU guy. Good dude. Kid looks the part.

Makes sense to me. Thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:

Curious why the guy hasn't been rated? is it talent or he has just flown under the radar? :dunno:/>

Makes sense to me. Thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:/>

We sure will need an experienced OT (ie. 1 JUCO) that is ready to play next year. If he has game (footwork, strength, football IQ, the Grimes checklist, etc.) it's going to be interesting to see what happens after Grimes gets off vacation.

Curious why the guy hasn't been rated? is it talent or he has just flown under the radar? :dunno:/>

We sure will need an experienced OT (ie. 1 JUCO) that is ready to play next year. If he has game (footwork, strength, football IQ, the Grimes checklist, etc.) it's going to be interesting to see what happens after Grimes gets off vacation.

I'd be fine with 2 Juco OT's, Moore and Bolles, with the possibility of both Shon and Avery leaving

I'd be fine with 2 Juco OT's, Moore and Bolles, with the possibility of both Shon and Avery leaving

It's possible taking 2 jucos who are more seasoned and ready to start may hurt trying told hold to 2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley. He's gonna come in planning to start if he does what he is supposed to do to that point. I'd rather take 1 juco and 1 high school kid. Also Braden can play a year at RT if need be.

Not a slight to any particular player- and especially not this recruit- but do we have a good track record for juco OLs? I'm sure there's a name or two, but I'm looking more for an overall success rate, with "success" maybe being defined as a guy giving us a season's worth of not-terrible starts. Maybe the sample pool isn't really large enough to say one way or the other.

Not a slight to any particular player- and especially not this recruit- but do we have a good track record for juco OLs? I'm sure there's a name or two, but I'm looking more for an overall success rate, with "success" maybe being defined as a guy giving us a season's worth of not-terrible starts. Maybe the sample pool isn't really large enough to say one way or the other.

Good question.

The guys that immediately come to mind for me cut both ways. Brandon Moseley (two years of quality starts), Roszell Gaydon (no help), Xavier Dampeer (quality backup and possible starter this year).

The guys that immediately come to mind for me cut both ways. Brandon Moseley (two years of quality starts), Roszell Gaydon (no help), Xavier Dampeer (quality backup and possible starter this year with a Golson injury).

FIFY

The guys that immediately come to mind for me cut both ways. Brandon Moseley (two years of quality starts), Roszell Gaydon (no help), Xavier Dampeer (quality backup and possible starter this year).

Thanks. Those names alone certainly wouldn't discourage the practice.

AU is only going to offer one JUCO OT. I believe Bolles is first in line and next would be Moore. Not going to do anything to upset Ashley. He is by far the top recruit on the board for next year. #1 priority recruit that I've seen from the AU prospective in a LONG time.

AU is only going to offer one JUCO OT. I believe Bolles is first in line and next would be Moore. Not going to do anything to upset Ashley. He is by far the top recruit on the board for next year. #1 priority recruit that I've seen from the AU prospective in a LONG time.

As in, we want this guy even more than we wanted, say, Cowart or Lawson?

Yes

Yes

Oh, wow. That's saying something.

Recruiting is fun.

Yes

Oh, wow. That's saying something.

Recruiting is fun.

Ashley's at a major position of need when he finally signs with Auburn in 2017.

I would think a JUCO OT that will be a Senior in '17, the same year 5* Ashley will be a true Freshman, probably doesn't weigh too heavy on his mind.

I would think any JUCO OT that will be a Senior in '17, the same year 5* Lashley would be a true Freshman, probably doesn't weigh too heavy on his mind.

It may if th e recruits works and expects to start his freshman year. As WDE basically said, AU does not want to take that chance.

I would think any JUCO OT that will be a Senior in '17, the same year 5* Lashley would be a true Freshman, probably doesn't weigh too heavy on his mind.

It may if th e recruits works and expects to start his freshman year. As WDE basically said, AU does not want to take that chance.

I doubt that Ashley is such a namby-pamby that the very thought of competition scares him off. If so, both he and AU have a problem.

I doubt that Ashley is such a namby-pamby that the very thought of competition scares him off. If so, both he and AU have a problem.

I agree. I mean if a JUCO that will be Senior when he arrives bothers him, I guess another 5* Freshman in either '16 or '17 would really bother him. Auburn won't shut down recruiting top players on the OL for 2 years just for him and I don't think a '17 Fr. even expects that. It would also be an unrealistic expectation if he thought he could just walk in and start from day one as a True Freshman.

It just doesn't work that way at any good program with depth. If he can do that he is better than Greg Robinson, one can only hope he is that good. About the only place he can be guaranteed all the above will be at a program that lost its OL starters while at the same time didn't recruit well the 3 years prior to his arrival. Those programs do exist but I have a feeling he doesn't want to be part of an OL program like that.

Archived