2016 3* JUCO OT Demetri Moore (Virginia Tech commit)

IronMan70

I would think any JUCO OT that will be a Senior in '17, the same year 5* Lashley would be a true Freshman, probably doesn't weigh too heavy on his mind.

It may if th e recruits works and expects to start his freshman year. As WDE basically said, AU does not want to take that chance.

I doubt that Ashley is such a namby-pamby that the very thought of competition scares him off. If so, both he and AU have a problem.

I agree. I mean if a JUCO that will be Senior when he arrives bothers him, I guess another 5* Freshman in either '16 or '17 would really bother him. Auburn won't shut down recruiting top players on the OL for 2 years just for him and I don't think a '17 Fr. even expects that. It would also be an unrealistic expectation if he thought he could just walk in and start from day one as a True Freshman.

It just doesn't work that way at any good program with depth. If he can do that he is better than Greg Robinson, one can only hope he is that good. About the only place he can be guaranteed all the above will be at a program that lost its OL starters while at the same time didn't recruit well the 3 years prior to his arrival. Those programs do exist but I have a feeling he doesn't want to be part of an OL program like that.

There is really no point in taking a 2nd juco OT anyway. Both would expect to start in 2016 but if 1 of Shon or AY stays then only 1 juco can start barring injury. If both pro then Braden is expected to start at RT resulting again in only 1juco starting barring injury. Therefore there is no point in taking 2 juco OTs.

In the end believe what you guys want but WDE has said the staff is not taking 2 juco OTs in this class to not mess things up with Ashley and I also mentioned the Braden Smith to RT element. FTR this all is super speculative on taking 1anyway given we have not offered Moore yet. I'm like WDE. I don't think we will unless we miss on Garett Bolles. The plan for this class has always been 1 juco and 1-2 high school OTs. As of now that has not changed in the staff's eyes.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think any JUCO OT that will be a Senior in '17, the same year 5* Lashley would be a true Freshman, probably doesn't weigh too heavy on his mind.

It may if th e recruits works and expects to start his freshman year. As WDE basically said, AU does not want to take that chance.

I doubt that Ashley is such a namby-pamby that the very thought of competition scares him off. If so, both he and AU have a problem.

I agree. I mean if a JUCO that will be Senior when he arrives bothers him, I guess another 5* Freshman in either '16 or '17 would really bother him. Auburn won't shut down recruiting top players on the OL for 2 years just for him and I don't think a '17 Fr. even expects that. It would also be an unrealistic expectation if he thought he could just walk in and start from day one as a True Freshman.

It just doesn't work that way at any good program with depth. If he can do that he is better than Greg Robinson, one can only hope he is that good. About the only place he can be guaranteed all the above will be at a program that lost its OL starters while at the same time didn't recruit well the 3 years prior to his arrival. Those programs do exist but I have a feeling he doesn't want to be part of an OL program like that.

There is really no point in taking a 2nd juco OT anyway. Both would expect to start in 2016 but if 1 of Shon or AY stays then only 1 juco can start barring injury. If both pro then Braden is expected to start at RT resulting again in only 1juco starting barring injury. Therefore there is no point in taking 2 juco OTs.

In the end believe what you guys want but WDE has said the staff is not taking 2 juco OTs in this class to not mess things up with Ashley and I also mentioned the Braden Smith to RT element. FTR this all is super speculative on taking 1anyway given we have not offered Moore yet. I'm like WDE. I don't think we will unless we miss on Garett Bolles. The plan for this class has always been 1 juco and 1-2 high school OTs. As of now that has not changed in the staff's eyes.

Neither Mikey or I ever mentioned taking 2 JUCO OTs in this thread. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. He and I were discussing Ashley's response to any JUCO.

Neither Mikey or I ever mentioned taking 2 JUCO OTs in this thread. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. He and I were discussing Ashley's response to any JUCO.

Glad I'm not alone. I thought maybe it seems like gibberish because I am up past my bedtime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm always okay with the coaches not offering a guy. If they don't think he's a fit, then I can't imagine a reason why I should think otherwise.

Sure, if he's not a fit. But a player can be a fit ready to commit and still not get the green light when the coaches are holding out on a bigger fish. The problem arises when you slow play the 100% kid who is good and the 40% big fish goes swimming somewhere else and you are left holding the bag. But those are the kind of chances they have to take every year.

I'm always okay with the coaches not offering a guy. If they don't think he's a fit, then I can't imagine a reason why I should think otherwise.

Sure, if he's not a fit. But a player can be a fit ready to commit and still not get the green light when the coaches are holding out on a bigger fish. The problem arises when you slow play the 100% kid who is good and the 40% big fish goes swimming somewhere else and you are left holding the bag. But those are the kind of chances they have to take every year.

Yep. MSU's DeRunya Wilson comes to mind.

Yep. MSU's DeRunya Wilson comes to mind.

Well Wilson said in an interview that he grew up disliking auburn and it wasn't a school he was going to be able to go to. May be sour grapes but who knows

Okay, I was trying to be gentle with the "not a fit" code, but I'll rephrase: If the coaches don't think he's good enough to accept a commitment from him now, then I'm okay with that.

And for every De'Runnya Wilson, we've got at least one Dequan Newkirk. We were on Prince Tega early. There are more. This staff will accept an early commitment from a lower-rated guy if they think he's good enough, i.e. "a fit".

Okay, I was trying to be gentle with the "not a fit" code, but I'll rephrase: If the coaches don't think he's good enough to accept a commitment from him now, then I'm okay with that.

And for every De'Runnya Wilson, we've got at least one Dequan Newkirk. We were on Prince Tega early. There are more. This staff will accept an early commitment from a lower-rated guy if they think he's good enough, i.e. "a fit".

I agree, more importantly, i don't pretend to even know close to what the coaches do and therefore unable to evaluate as well as they do. I trust our coaches and when they mess up i will continue to trust them. I am a fanatic for Auburn, a sunshine pumping, blind as a bat, loyal to the core Auburn fan. WDE

Ahh, if you meant "not a fit"= "not good enough", then I'm onboard with that. We're on the same train on the way to the Georgia Dome.

Ahh, if you meant "not a fit"= "not good enough", then I'm onboard with that. We're on the same train on the way to the Georgia Dome.

Man, it's funny, the things that suddenly get you more fired up than all the normal hype videos, bold predictions and other game week noise.

:hellyeah::bananadance::thumbsup::clap::wedance:

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Keith247Sports 26m26 minutes ago

#Auburn has offered OT Demetri Moore of Mississippi Delta C.C., he says http://247sports.com...-83777 …

IronMan will like this nugget.

Oh yes. I just read it at Rivals and rushed over here to edit the title, haha.

YEAH Baby!!!!!!!

:wareagle:

( He was ours for the taking in the Summer but now we let Georgia get in it. They offered on 8/24. I just hope we didn't wait too long. )

Archived