2016 3* JUCO OT Demetri Moore (Virginia Tech commit)

IronMan70

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More like Georgia respected his talent enough from the start that they wanted him for their program and we didn't. Now there are some hard feelings. So there it is, we slow played him and now Georgia is in it big and ahead of us. We are (probably) losing 2 Junior starters too, the same way Georgia is losing 2 Senior starters.

"I think Auburn just offered me because I had the offer from Georgia."

"Ekeler's message to Moore was clear: UGA is losing two seniors on the line after the season, and he can play immediately."

More like Georgia respected his talent enough from the start that they wanted him for their program and we didn't. Now there are some hard feelings. So there it is, we slow played him and now Georgia is in it big and ahead of us. We are (probably) losing 2 Junior starters too, the same way Georgia is losing 2 Senior starters.

"Ekeler's message to Moore was clear: UGA is losing two seniors on the line after the season, and he can play immediately."

"I think Auburn just offered me because I had the offer from Georgia" sounds like "boys only love me for my boobs"

He is pretty much saying that Auburn was very insincere in offering him.

"I think Auburn just offered me because I had the offer from Georgia" sounds like "boys only love me for my boobs"

I wouldn't agree with the boobs part, lol. I think more along the lines of, the other side thought/thinks I'm good enough for their team and its opened my eyes. That he now thinks one side is being more sincere than the other, of that there seems little doubt.

I wouldn't agree with the boobs part, lol. I think more along the lines of, the other side thought/thinks I'm good enough for their team and its opened my eyes. That he now thinks one side is being more sincere than the other, of that there seems little doubt.

Agreed, IronMan. That's why I wondered whether he was a take for UGA right now.

Agreed, IronMan. That's why I wondered whether he was a take for UGA right now.

Right, good question.

Clarify.

Clarify.

UGA offered first. So, even if Auburn was a 'dream school', it opened his eyes up to UGA. I mean, they want him to come in and start immediately ... assuming he is a take for them right now and they are sincere in promising him a starting role.

Clarify.

UGA offered first. So, even if Auburn was a 'dream school', it opened his eyes up to UGA. I mean, they want him to come in and start immediately ... assuming he is a take for them right now and they are sincere in promising him a starting role.

Or you could take the quote, "I think Auburn just offered me because I had the offer from Georgia" at face value.

Clarify.

Or you could take the quote, "I think Auburn just offered me because I had the offer from Georgia" at face value.

I think I am. My only question is whether Georgia's offer -- even if first -- is more genuine.

Clarify.

I think I am. My only question is whether Georgia's offer -- even if first -- is more genuine.

No it is not even remotely close to face value.. Your conjecture has more holes in it than swiss cheese. "I think Auburn just offered me because I had the offer from Georgia" means he thinks Auburn only offered him because Georgia offered him.
UGA offered first. So, even if Auburn was a 'dream school', it opened his eyes up to UGA. I mean, they want him to come in and start immediately ... assuming he is a take for them right now and they are sincere in promising him a starting position.
This is nothing but conjecture.

Clarify.

No it is not even remotely close to face value.. Your conjecture has more holes in it than swiss cheese. "I think Auburn just offered me because I had the offer from Georgia" means he thinks Auburn only offered him because Georgia offered him.
UGA offered first. So, even if Auburn was a 'dream school', it opened his eyes up to UGA. I mean, they want him to come in and start immediately ... assuming he is a take for them right now and they are sincere in promising him a starting position.

I wasn't offering a conjecture about the meaning of Moore's claim. You asked for a clarification of what IronMan said, and I offered one.

Your repeating what Moore said almost verbatim doesn't show that I'm not taking what he said at face value.

Not sure what your game is tonight, jeff. But, in my opinion, you're off it.

Clarify.

I wasn't offering a conjecture about the meaning of Moore's claim. You asked for a clarification of what IronMan said, and I offered one.

Your repeating what Moore said almost verbatim doesn't show that I'm not taking what he said at face value.

This is a game..lol. If you are clarifying what he said, that is fine. I don't agree with the clarification though. It sounded like you agreed to the clarification, so I was discussing it with you.

Clarify.

This is a game..lol. If you are clarifying what he said, that is fine. I don't agree with the clarification though. It sounded like you agreed to the clarification, so I was discussing it with you.

You, IronMan, and I all agree that Moore thinks UGA is more sincere in its offer than Auburn. I just wondered whether he was right about that. I guess you think he is?

Clarify.

You, IronMan, and I all agree that Moore thinks UGA is more sincere in its offer than Auburn. I just wondered whether he was right about that. I guess you think he is?

Because UGA offered first, I would think so. Who knows.

Because UGA offered first, I would think so. Who knows.

Well, that's why I asked. We know offers are made all the time that are not actually commitable. If UGA's offer is commitable, then the fact that they offered first really is an indication they want him more, I would say. But if it's not a commitable offer, then the fact that they offered first indicates nothing about their sincerity. In fact, if they offered, but it wasn't commitable, while our later offer is, that would mean we're actually more sincere.

I don't know whether either offer is commitable.

Archived