2018 3* Juco OT/OG Willie Allen

ellitor

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were we ever seriously in the hunt for him ?

I never feel good about Louisiana kids until they sign their letter.

• 1 year later...

Thanks @au_bsci_04! Do you have a link to the AU interest? Thanks!

EDIT: I found it. It's behind a pay wall. Next time please wait for a public acknowledgement from a reporter or the recruit before posting on AUFamily. Thanks! https://auburn.forums.rivals.com/threads/juco-ot-could-visit-auburn-soon.361464/#post-4797405

Apologies to JGT, JLee, & BMatt

Just now, McLoofus said:

I see from early in the thread that he is/was a good hoops player, too. Might be a steal.

It looks to me Hand is trying very hard to get another established Guard so he can feel better about potentially moving Horton to C to compete w/ Kim & Brahms there. Allen was an OT in high school but was a mauler at Guard in juco.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thanks @au_bsci_04! Do you have a link to the AU interest? Thanks!

EDIT: I found it. It's behind a pay wall. Next time please wait for a public acknowledgement from a reporter or the recruit before posting on AUFamily. Thanks! https://auburn.forums.rivals.com/threads/juco-ot-could-visit-auburn-soon.361464/#post-4797405

Apologies to JGT, JLee, & BMatt

I get it, my bad. But when they post a teaser with a pic/reference and you can dig to put 2 & 2 together, I shouldn't have to post a link.

6 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

I get it, my bad. But when they post a teaser with a pic/reference and you can dig to put 2 & 2 together, I shouldn't have to post a link.

I understand that. I do that with 247 stuff quite a bit. A link to the teaser with the pic/reference would work fine. Links or how you put 2 & 2 together still need to be done.

Given WDE's doomsday prepping about the OL, is this the only JUCO OL guy we're going after? I assume this guy would have at least two years of eligibility.

I have to wonder if calls to fire Herb Hand will intensify during this next season. I mean, there was some criticism lobbed his way, but nothing that would get the attention of the PTB.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

is this the only JUCO OL guy we're going after?

Only 1 reported. We are also recruiting 2 Grad Transfer OL.

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

How's Calvin Ashley coming along? I remember when he almost flipped to Maryland last year.

Someone asked this last week & I feel like it was you. The answer is same as it was then. We won't know til Spring Ball starts & we get reports from it.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Someone asked this last week & I feel like it was you. The answer is same as it was then. We won't know til Spring Ball starts & we get reports from it.

Ack, forgot about that. Reminds me of Memento. :-[

When someone has this kids size all the rankings go to the side for me. As a coach you have to believe that you can take somebody with that size and ability and actually make them into something otherwise you're just not worth your salt as a coach

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

When someone has this kids size all the rankings go to the side for me. As a coach you have to believe that you can take somebody with that size and ability and actually make them into something otherwise you're just not worth your salt as a coach

Zeek. AKA, The Anti-@GwillMac6 lol

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I don't know about that, my friend.You can lead a horse to water but he has to want to drink. Some players  respond to a pat on the back, some to a kick in the butt and some simply don't respond. I've coached all three types enough to know that there are some kids your simply cannot reach and when that's the case, most other coaches won't be able to reach them either.

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't know about that, my friend.You can lead a horse to water but he has to want to drink. Some players f respond to a pat on the back, some to a <typo redacted> and some simply don't respond. I've coached all three types enough to know that there are some kids your simply cannot reach and when that's the case, most other coaches won't be able to reach them either.

In before the edit.

(I will delete this if anyone really wants me to, or the mods can have the honor if deemed necessary. Also, I agree with Mikey here.)

Edit: Went ahead and edited myself. Let it be a mystery for all who didn't already catch it. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

In before the edit.

(I will delete this if anyone really wants me to, or the mods can have the honor if deemed necessary. Also, I agree with Mikey here.)

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

In before the edit.

Edit: Went ahead and edited myself. Let it be a mystery for all who didn't already catch it. 

Inquiring minds want to know. PM me.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Inquiring minds want to know. PM me.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sent!

Ahem...

Archived