Softbalfl Coaching staff rated best in southeast

Auburn Softball Coaching Staff Named Best In Southeast Region By NFCA

June 24, 2015

11202298.jpeg

AUBURN, Ala. -- After leading the Auburn softball team to its best season in program history and its first appearance ever in the Women's College World Series, the coaching staff was recognized today by the National Fastpitch Coaches' Association as the Southeast Region Coaching Staff of the Year.

Head coach Clint Myers along with his assistants, Scott Woodard, Corey Myers and Casey Myers, just finished up guiding the Auburn softball team to a 56-11 record, including its first SEC Tournament championship and appearance in the prestigious Women's College World Series.

The 56 wins is a new program-record for victories in a season and is only one of a slew of school records that have been broken in just two seasons under Myers. As for the head coach, himself, the 56 wins are his third-highest total in a season in his 10 seasons of coaching softball at the Division I level (66 wins in 2008; 60 wins in 2011).

The regional honor marks the first such honor for Myers and his Auburn staff. While at Arizona State, Myers and his assistants were giving the NFCA Coaching Staff of the Year award twice after winning the national championship in 2008 and 2011.

As a team, Auburn set new offensive records in batting average (.339), runs (526), hits (606), home runs (99), RBI (474), walks (356), on-base percentage (.460) and slugging (.572) in 2015, all while leading the tough Southeastern Conference in those same categories. Well, not all of that part is true. Tennessee led the league in home runs with 100.

Individual players, Emily Carosone, Kasey Cooper and Tiffany Howard were all awarded NFCA All-American honors last month, marking the second-straight year that Auburn has had three All-American honorees. All three players led the team in hitting and it was the second-straight year to be named All-American for Carosone and Cooper. Howard will enjoy her first All-American honor as she heads into her senior season in 2016.

In just two seasons under Clint Myers and his staff Auburn has produced six All-American seasons, which is more than the number of Auburn All-Americans (5) in all seasons combined prior to 2014.

Auburn softball is now in the midst of its offseason, but will start preparing for the 2016 season later this year with fall practice.

NFCA Division I Region Coaching Staffs of the Year

Great Lakes Region -- Michigan

Mid-Atlantic Region -- Pittsburgh

Co-Mideast Region -- UCF

Co-Mideast Region -- Western Kentucky

Midwest Region- North Dakota State

Northeast Region- Hofstra

Pacific Region -- Oregon

South Region -- LSU

Southeast Region- Auburn

West Region- UCLA

NFCA Division I National Coaching Staff of the Year - Florida

AuburnTigers.Com

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/062415aaa.html

NICE...thanks for posting the details...

I've never before seen a major program turned around 180 degrees in such a short time. A number of the players were already at AU and weren't accomplishing much, so it's not like they brought in an entire new crew.

This staff deserves any and all awards that are presented to them.

I've never before seen a major program turned around 180 degrees in such a short time. A number of the players were already at AU and weren't accomplishing much, so it's not like they brought in an entire new crew.

This staff deserves any and all awards that are presented to them.

Yes, and i hope we can keep them here for a long time. :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

Archived