FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely

Maverick.AU

I wonder if something started before they even got to the bar? Was he underage in the bar? Do they let people in the bars down there that are under 21? Hard to convict just based on the video but like Bur said, "Real men do not hit women nor do they let others hit women." I don't care if you are getting hit or not, walk away. You do not hit women.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was 100% wrong. he even gave her a manhandling nudge before the punch. but people keep mentioning his age in the bar. how do we know the girl is of age. she has some fault in this as well

he was 100% wrong. he even gave her a manhandling nudge before the punch. but people keep mentioning his age in the bar. how do we know the girl is of age. she has some fault in this as well

I see people keep mentioning that as well. I don't know Tally bars but there are clubs/bars where someone who is 18 can get in a bar but of course can purchase alcohol. But as we all know...it's not hard for college students to get alcohol. I don't condone what he did but she certainly has fault in this situation. People are so unpredictable today so you have to be careful what you do or say no matter if it's a man or a woman. People are getting killed over the smallest issues.

He grabbed her hands b/c she was rearing back as if she was getting ready to strike him. Again, i don't agree with what he did because she didn't pose a major threat to him for real but don't expect to go out and hit people and them not retaliate. She can't act like a damsel in distress when she was the aggressor to start with.

Apologists for this guy are amusing. He got poop canned off the team for good reason. This is a school known for wrist slapping. She is not charged with anything for good reasons as well. Did she behave perfectly? No. Is he a buffoon who proved he doesn't need to visit bars or consume alcohol? Yes.

Neanderthalish behavior at best.

Guys, I'm a woman and I'd like to give my perspective...

I watched the video several times. My first reaction to it was fear. The situation escalated quickly and I saw him grab her and then she threw a punch. I say my reaction was fear because of his grab. As a woman, if some man grabs me, my reaction will go to fear and I will fight to get away. That is what we are told in self defense classes... Strike and run.

I watched it a few more times... I do see where she did not handle the crowd and pushing very well and acted out of anger mixed with alcohol. I don't think she would have hit him if he never grabbed her hand... But you never know.

After watching it a few times I think I'm more upset over how none of those guys who witnessed it, helped her. Sad...

Bottom line... I'm sure alcohol played a part in it. She is not 100% innocent in this but regardless, real men do not hit women nor do they let others hit women. That is what my husband and I teach both my son and my daughter.

i think it was darker than the video appears and sure it was loud. I doubt many actually saw it. Some appeared not to react and i don't think they knew what happened. Plus it started and was over rather quickly. That may be why no one got involved.

As I watched it, the girl was waiting to get up to the bar. Johnson reached out (in front of the girl) to tap his friend in the glasses. It appears that she thought he was trying to "cut" in line. You can see her in the video first, so she was there first. So when she got up to the bar, he was pushing to get in front of her, pressing her into the bar. I think he was the original aggressor, trying to muscle his way in front of her. She shouldn't have hit him. That's not smart on her part, but I think she was feeling threatened and she was angry. It was all over their places in line. He is an idiot for decking her like that. It cost him big time.

Who's playing a race card?

i suspect his attorney is building the case un his normal fashion. I assume you recognize his attorney's name. He has an imagination.

Well I don't know about all of that. Things happened so fast I don't think anybody thought ANYTHING about race. Now these articles that were wrote that made me raise my eyebrow a bit....

Well I don't know about all of that. Things happened so fast I don't think anybody thought ANYTHING about race. Now these articles that were wrote that made me raise my eyebrow a bit....

he has stated that she used racial slurs. It was in the paper down here in Tally. 18 year Olds can get into bars but can't drink. They use wrist bands to sort out who can and can't drink

I was thinking that but I wasn't sure so I didn't say as far as the bars go

As I watched it, the girl was waiting to get up to the bar. Johnson reached out (in front of the girl) to tap his friend in the glasses. It appears that she thought he was trying to "cut" in line. You can see her in the video first, so she was there first. So when she got up to the bar, he was pushing to get in front of her, pressing her into the bar. I think he was the original aggressor, trying to muscle his way in front of her. She shouldn't have hit him. That's not smart on her part, but I think she was feeling threatened and she was angry. It was all over their places in line. He is an idiot for decking her like that. It cost him big time.

exactly how i saw it watching the video, she was standing in line for quite some time while an individual buys a pitcher and then proceeds to pour it to several individuals and has no problem, then she is shoved.....why a sober person would be in such a hurry for a drink and why a sober person would run away after the fact ..............

No that's not what I said, I wasn't talking to you, please shut up

. . . it's was just curiosity, but doesn't your avatar photo-thumb-37567.jpg?_r=1432062459 read ===>

"Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today."

I understand that completely but if you go back and read this guy started putting words in my mouth and started insisting that I was saying things such as it's ok to hit a woman....And you know how message boards go that could easily start a snowball effect then I'm stuck defending myself off a lie he told, I don't want to talk to a person like that but you can see I'm talking sensibly to another poster who I'm familiar with and who has more integrity than to do that

you posted "funny thing she punched him first..." the full video was available when you posted this, explain your post then? Not trying to call you anything you are not but it clearly comes off as she deserved it when you post that. From my observation of the video I don't see that. Just explain your post implying she had it coming because she swung first or what you were implying with your post.

I don't need you putting words in my mouth, I'm not afraid to say what I want. I said what I said because there was the pages of posts and nobody brought the fact that she punched him first. That's what happened it's not a she deserved it or whatever. It's stating a fact. Just because I don't feel she was an innocent victim doesn't mean I'm saying she should've been punched. You act like it has to be one or the other....it doesn't.

Cole, what would be your recommendation for punishment for the player and girl. If you were the coach/admin or police or parents.

Dude should go to some type of counseling. I don't know if I'd kick him off the team, he wouldn't be able to play or travel though for the year.

If I'm his parent I'd be on some you like to hit people then hit me type of stuff.

If that girl was my daughter I'd hunt that dude down, but also I'd talk to her about how stupid it is to fight a man. I'd tell her she had no business doing the things she's done in that situation

Dude should go to some type of counseling. I don't know if I'd kick him off the team, he wouldn't be able to play or travel though for the year.

If I'm his parent I'd be on some you like to hit people then hit me type of stuff.

If that girl was my daughter I'd hunt that dude down, but also I'd talk to her about how stupid it is to fight a man. I'd tell her she had no business doing the things she's done in that situation

I doubt that JF had any choice. In the current climate, the school almost has to cut ties with the player immediately, right or wrong.

He's actually lucky the ray rice video came out before this happened because now anything below that level of violence is perceived by the general public as "not quite as bad".

If Johnson's video was the first publicized video regarding football players and domestic violence it would be worse for him IMO. Which is kind of stupid because what the hell did people think a guy punching a woman in the face looked like? Even in the Rice example, we knew he knocked her out but it took the visual before people were outraged.

It sounds bad, but he would have been much better off if he'd just slapped at her rather than using a closed fist. She did raise a fist to him, though, but he's obviously bigger and stronger. I don't think she connected with either her knee or her punch. But he flat out socked her in the jaw. I bet it hurt for several days.

• 7 months later...

Visiting Bama. Other schools are interested though.

Lol. Maybe if he ends up in ttown, some of his defenders on this thread will introduce him to some girls they know? It's hard to hide complete lack of class and terrible upbringing.

Lol. Maybe if he ends up in ttown, some of his defenders on this thread will introduce him to some girls they know? It's hard to hide complete lack of class and terrible upbringing.

So why would Auburn fans that don't live in Tuscaloosa introduce him to girls they may know? Turns out that Johnson is claiming his Twitter was hacked and that Bama may not be recruiting him.

So why would Auburn fans that don't live in Tuscaloosa introduce him to girls they may know? Turns out that Johnson is claiming his Twitter was hacked and that Bama may not be recruiting him.

sxdm6u.jpg

Archived