SMH if this poll is anywhere near accurate.

AURaptor

YouGov's latest research shows that 41% of Americans think that dinosaurs and humans either 'definitely' (14%) or 'probably' (27%) once lived on the planet at the same time. 43% think that this is either 'definitely' (25%) or 'probably' (18%) not true while 16% aren't sure. In reality the earliest ancestors of humans have only been on the planet for 6 million years, while the last dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago.

https://today.yougov...jurassic-world/

The one plus is that at least a majority rejected the premise. This just goes to show you people are ignorant as all get out regarding science (hint hint)

Shows me how poorly govt run schools are doing when it comes to teaching science as well as critical thinking or problem solving. It's mostly indoctrination, and not reason.

Shows me how poorly govt run schools are doing when it comes to teaching science as well as critical thinking or problem solving. It's mostly indoctrination, and not reason.

Excuse me, but I need to leave and go check on a large explosion in the "irony detector" storage room.

barry voters at their finest !!!

Can't blame this on Barry voters... How about the huge push to teach creationism and the 6,000 year theory over reality?

Can't blame this on Barry voters... How about the huge push to teach creationism and the 6,000 year theory over reality?

Or something like this?

http://www.nbcnews.c...y-field-n382146

To be fair though, we did come closer to living with T.Rex than Stegosaurus did:

http://www.smithsoni...5556840/?no-ist

To be fair though, we did come closer to living with T.Rex than Stegosaurus did:

http://www.smithsoni...5556840/?no-ist

That's the sort of time line knowledge I like dropping on folks, when ever I get the chance. Most folks think of 300,500, 2000 years as " history " , but have no concept of 10-100 million years ago.

Do you honestly believe that it's "barry voters" that comprise the vast majority of the bunch that thinks dinosaurs and humans co-existed?

I bet most Barry voters don't even know what a dinosaur is, so ...

I bet most Barry voters don't even know what a dinosaur is, so ...

That could be true. But you and I both know where most of that block of people who think humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time are coming from.

Either young earth creationists ( believers in the Bible, Torah, or Q'ran, ) or idiots, dopes, meat heads and " reality t.v. show fans who get their info from watching The Flintstones or some such nonsense.

Do you honestly believe that it's "barry voters" that comprise the vast majority of the bunch that thinks dinosaurs and humans co-existed?

Well, if the stupid "fits"...

The one plus is that at least a majority rejected the premise. This just goes to show you people are ignorant as all get out regarding science (hint hint)

Hey, they are peer reviewed idiots tho. Their peers are as myopic as they are and that's all that counts. :big:

And let's be TOTALLY HONEST here. The Gruber Goobers will believe any freakin thing they are told. ANYTHING. You can tell them the moon is made of cheese and in their poor lil minds, it will be made of cheese. You can tell them that lie after lie after lie after lie about their own lives and the ACA and they will believe it even though their Doctors and their check books are telling them a differing stark reality. So neither side has any claims to being ignorance proof here.

You do realize that the vast majority of the people who make the case for humans and dinosaurs coexisting are ultra conservative young earth creationists, right? You honestly believe that's a big "barry voter" demographic?

Hey, they are peer reviewed idiots tho. Their peers are as myopic as they are and that's all that counts. :big:

And let's be TOTALLY HONEST here. The Gruber Goobers will believe any freakin thing they are told. ANYTHING. You can tell them the moon is made of cheese and in their poor lil minds, it will be made of cheese. You can tell them that lie after lie after lie after lie about their own lives and the ACA and they will believe it even though their Doctors and their check books are telling them a differing stark reality. So neither side has any claims to being ignorance proof here.

You still don't quite get what peer review is or how it works. Big shock.

As for the rest of your post? Uhh, OK.

This is a great example showing both sides only believe in the the science that they want to believe. I may think fairly lowly of present day Obama supporters, but I will give them credit for not being the ones on what we are considering the crazy side of this argument. I worked with a guy who swears the earth is only about 4000 yrs old because that's what the Bible tells him. He firmly believes that carbon dating is wrong. This has been the toughest part of Christianity for me dating back to when I was 5 yrs old and first had questions about dinosaurs and humans. Still haunts me to this day while sitting in church.

You do realize that the vast majority of the people who make the case for humans and dinosaurs coexisting are ultra conservative young earth creationists, right? You honestly believe that's a big "barry voter" demographic?

Titan, I admire your effort but let's face it, Timmy "realizes" squat.

C14 dating plays no role in determining the age of Mesozoic material.

None.

You still don't quite get what peer review is or how it works. Big shock.

As for the rest of your post? Uhh, OK.

Apparently you dont get how peer review works. It is simply Review by Peers.

None.

Good to know. Curious tho - what do they use to determine the age?

This is a great example showing both sides only believe in the the science that they want to believe. I may think fairly lowly of present day Obama supporters, but I will give them credit for not being the ones on what we are considering the crazy side of this argument. I worked with a guy who swears the earth is only about 4000 yrs old because that's what the Bible tells him. He firmly believes that carbon dating is wrong. This has been the toughest part of Christianity for me dating back to when I was 5 yrs old and first had questions about dinosaurs and humans. Still haunts me to this day while sitting in church.

So when I was little, I asked this very question of my dad. His response was simply "God never defines what he considers a day". He went on to say that "we define that as 24 hours, but to God, a day could be millions of years... we just don't know how God defines time." This stuck with me, but of course at the heart of it, I am one of those evil evolutionists! ;D

None.

Good to know. Curious tho - what do they use to determine the age?

There are a number of different radiometric dating methods that can be used. The issue is half life, and carbon-14's half-life is something like 35,000 years tops? Not very useful when trying to date something tens of millions of years old, or older.

Hey, it might be a razor thin majority, but it still provides solid ammunition for the "God says it, I believe it, that settles it" crowd when they claim that they are in fact the majority.

This is off topic for sure, and I might just need to start a new topic on it.

But how exactly are people so sure the earth is 4k-6k years old from the bible? I have heard it was from them counting the years of each person mentioned... but from what I remember does it not just say "XXX beget XXX who beget XXX who beget XXX" and so on for a lot of the ancestry? And didn't the early people in the Bible live varying ages, some extremely long? It seemed strange to me that if someone lived for hundreds of years you would assume they still had their kids while in their 20's.

I don't know if we have anyone on the forums that believe in this, but maybe we have someone who knows enough to explain how they get their dating.

Archived