Welcome to the United States of the Offended

autigeremt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you take a pic of a black man and change it into an ape and that's supposed to be funny?

So you take a pic of a black man and change it into an ape and that's supposed to be funny?

It's a meme, Cole.

rustlers%2Bgonna%2Brustle.png

Great example of hyper sensitivity. How do you know it's a black man?

Because I looked it up genius

Looks like a white guy to me.

Jimmy McMillan. Rent is too damn high party.

No I didn't. I know exactly what a meme is. There are like ten of them of him. This is the only one of him being a monkey

He only "identifies" as a white man...

Says the guy who loves to get on his soap box and talk alot how many black friends he has...lmao

I will admit that there are some unfortunate implications in superimposing le monkey face over a Jimmy McMillian's, but that's not what Weagle was going for. It's a common meme. He meant no offense by it except to poke fun at hypersensitivity.

Probably could have used any of the many memes where me isn't a monkey saying the exact same thing....

I'm glad I ended my day with this thread. Such irony in, and I finally slowed down to read the cartoon in Ben's footer. Ending the day with a laugh is what I needed. Have great weekend and War Eagle.

Probably could have used any of the many memes where me isn't a monkey saying the exact same thing....

Google "rustled jimmies." That gorilla head is on just about every one.

Cole, Cole, Cole. C'mon, man. Sure, I could have used any other meme, but the caption fit best, and in so doing, I would have been reinforcing the very idea I'm trying to disspell. Calm down.

The irony here is that we're talking about how insensitive it is for me to post a well-known meme that by pure happenstance places a gorilla face over a black man's body on a thread that attacks hypersensitivity. Honestly, I didn't even think about the racial implications when I ran across the meme, which is kind of what we're trying to achieve, is it not?

Come on, man! It wasn't about being black. Geesh!

Archived