Bristol Palin: Just cant figure out that Wedding-Baby-Birth Timeline Order Thingy...

DKW 86

“None of us are perfect,” she began. “I made a mistake, but it’s not the mistake all these giddy a**holes have loved to assume.”

“This pregnancy was actually planned,” said Palin.
Click to Tweet

“Everyone knows I wanted more kids, to have a bigger family,” she continued. “Believing I was heading that way, I got ahead of myself. Things didn’t go as planned, but life keeps going. Life moves on.”

“But I do not regret this baby,” said Palin.
Click to Tweet

“This baby is not a disappointment, and I cannot wait to be a mom times two. Tripp is going to make the best big brother!!”

http://www.mrctv.org...ke#.yzc1xb:sVi9

<smh>

What part of Abstinence Ambassador does she not get?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The morals of Americans 50 years ago are just fading into the past. America has changed. So what is the surprise? Let us not over analyze the obvious."

Honestly, I don't care if she or anyone else has children out of wedlock. It doesn't offend me and I am certainly not going to pass judgement. I worked with a woman once who never got married but really wanted children. She opted for a sperm donor and had a baby. She has a great job and her daughter is now a preteen... different strokes for different folks.

My issue with this is the hypocrisy. Don't make a living running around telling people that sex outside of marriage is bad while you practice the exact opposite. I would have had a lot more respect for her if she had just been open and said, "you may not approve of my choices, but I have thought these decisions through and this is what's best for me". If she had been a motivational speaker about being a single mom, I could have respected that. There's lots of angles she could have taken here that would not have been hypocritical and would have still allowed her to make money on the speaking circuit.

Chonnonc, i have a bigger problem with the sudden change in story. Now it was "planned".

Again, if she wants to plan a pregnancy with her now, ex-fiance, it's really none of my business. It's the way she went about it under some guise of moral superiority I don't like.

Chonnonc, i have a bigger problem with the sudden change in story. Now it was "planned".

Again, if she wants to plan a pregnancy with her now, ex-fiance, it's really none of my business. It's the way she went about it under some guise of moral superiority I don't like.

agreed. She obviously didn't plan it, that is my point.

Honestly, I don't care if she or anyone else has children out of wedlock. It doesn't offend me and I am certainly not going to pass judgement. I worked with a woman once who never got married but really wanted children. She opted for a sperm donor and had a baby. She has a great job and her daughter is now a preteen... different strokes for different folks.

My issue with this is the hypocrisy. Don't make a living running around telling people that sex outside of marriage is bad while you practice the exact opposite. I would have had a lot more respect for her if she had just been open and said, "you may not approve of my choices, but I have thought these decisions through and this is what's best for me". If she had been a motivational speaker about being a single mom, I could have respected that. There's lots of angles she could have taken here that would not have been hypocritical and would have still allowed her to make money on the speaking circuit.

THAT is why i started this thread.

I dont think single parent hood is a great idea. I know too many kids that are there that are not thriving because their one parent is overwhelmed. Raising a child with two parents is problematic. But a child needs, wants, and deserves the love of two folks. But if the situation warrants, abuse, etc. Single parenting is a definite option.

All that aside, the hypocrisy here is THE THING. BP has reveled in the role of the national spot light. When the glare comes, you cannot hide from it. You should be taking care of business so as to not become the punchline of your detractor's jokes. I like the Palins. They are a run of the mill family in America. But if you are going to put yourself out there, especially lecturing folks about abstinence, you better be ready to have some high level scrutiny. BP has now made herself into a laughingstock with even those prone to support her with her crazy behavior. I feel for her, but i cant defend her anymore. One day, you have to grow up and act like an adult.

The horse had left the stable, as it were . Why she was chosen for this PR position is a cluster choice on all sides. It's not just on her.

I dont think single parent hood is a great idea. I know too many kids that are there that are not thriving because their one parent is overwhelmed. Raising a child with two parents is problematic. But a child needs, wants, and deserves the love of two folks. But if the situation warrants, abuse, etc. Single parenting is a definite option.

All that aside, the hypocrisy here is THE THING. BP has reveled in the role of the national spot light. When the glare comes, you cannot hide from it. You should be taking care of business so as to not become the punchline of your detractor's jokes. I like the Palins. They are a run of the mill family in America. But if you are going to put yourself out there, especially lecturing folks about abstinence, you better be ready to have some high level scrutiny. BP has now made herself into a laughingstock with even those prone to support her with her crazy behavior. I feel for her, but i cant defend her anymore. One day, you have to grow up and act like an adult.

I agreed with you. The reason I didn't directly address you is that there were others who wanted to excuse it away... I was going back on the point that I really don't care what choices she makes, but she has to be prepared to suffer the backlash when she exemplifies hypocrisy.

I agreed with you. The reason I didn't directly address you is that there were others who wanted to excuse it away... I was going back on the point that I really don't care what choices she makes, but she has to be prepared to suffer the backlash when she exemplifies hypocrisy.

We are in total agreement. I was not upset in the least. If it sounded that way, apologies. It is the hypocrisy...PERIOD.

What about "certain" politicians that do a flip on issues??...irony

What if Bristol was actually telling the truth, and that was the story all along. What if the mainstream media did not report that it was planned?

If you want to start a thread on specific politicians... go ahead. This thread is about Bristol Pailn.

If you want to start a thread on specific politicians... go ahead. This thread is about Bristol Pailn.

Asked a question. Carry on...

What it bristol was actually telling the truth, and that was the story all along. What if the mainstream media did not report that it was planned?

I won't say she's lying because I just don't know. If it was planned, she is still being a hypocrite talking about the importance of abstinence before marriage. If you are trying to get pregnant (planning) before marriage you are not practicing abstinence, so not sure how she would be an abstinence ambassador. That's like someone who regularly snorts coke leading a "Just Say No" campaign.

this^^^^

Having a child is not the same as taking illegal drugs. At least, not yet.

this^^^^

Nope...

Archived