Judge orders Brady Center to pay ammo dealer’s legal fees after dismissing lawsuit

MDM4AU

weunz libtards don't be likin' this here............(Saved the moron some typing).......... :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

They should have known better than to try that.

They should have known better than to try that.

And the Judge really let'em have it.
Judge Matsch disagreed with the Brady Center's argument. He said the suit was filed for propaganda purposes. "It is apparent that this case was filed to pursue the political purposes of the Brady Center and, given the failure to present any cognizable legal claim, bringing these defendants into the Colorado court where the prosecution of James Holmes was proceeding appears to be more of an opportunity to propagandize the public and stigmatize the defendants than to obtain a court order," he said in his order.

Some people are "Weaponizing the Legal System" around the country now days.

I know i am going to be unpopular here about what i am about to say, but i really like the Loser Pays system the Brits have.

It eliminates the frivolous lawsuits we have so many of in this country.

I know i am going t5o be unpopular here about what i am about to say, but i really like the Loser Pays system the Brits have.

i agree. if the suite is frivolous the plaintiff should pay.. this was frivolous, i think.

I know i am going t5o be unpopular here about what i am about to say, but i really like the Loser Pays system the Brits have.

I'm inclined to agree, but such a setup is only as good as the court system itself. There are several courts here in Alabama who are far too corrupt for that to work.

I know i am going to be unpopular here about what i am about to say, but i really like the Loser Pays system the Brits have.

I'm inclined to agree, but such a setup is only as good as the court system itself. There are several courts here in Alabama who are far too corrupt for that to work.

THAT is why i am not so vocal about it on this forum. But thinking that thru, i came to the conclusion that you would always win when you got it to the next level.

I agree. Moreover, I believe the legal firms who pursue such actions should be on the hook for part of those costs as well. Perhaps it would increase the amount of the retainers enough to make the client think twice.

I think we should do something to discourage the use of the courts as a means of promoting, or reversing policy. It could get very expensive and inefficient if the government is constantly battling politically motivated legal actions. Not to mention, the inherent ability of the wealthy to engage in such and, what that means to their ability to influence policy making.

I agree. Moreover, I believe the legal firms who pursue such actions should be on the hook for part of those costs as well. Perhaps it would increase the amount of the retainers enough to make the client think twice.

I think we should do something to discourage the use of the courts as a means of promoting, or reversing policy. It could get very expensive and inefficient if the government is constantly battling politically motivated legal actions. Not to mention, the inherent ability of the wealthy to engage in such and, what that means to their ability to influence policy making.

in federal court a judge can fine the plaintiff atty.

Archived