Auburn vs Oregon in Dallas - 2019

McLoofus

"The Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game attempted previously to pull the teams to Atlanta, though those plans fell through because of the Oregon's unwillingness to play in Auburn's backyard, said Gary Stokan, the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game and Peach Bowl president."

There was a plan for a 2 game contract, one in ATL, and one on the west coast but the deal fell through.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as an innocent bystander, it seams to me that you two aren't necessarily arguing about whether the conference is weak or not, you are arguing over what criteria makes a conference strong or weak, and that's what I see as your opinions. If you could agree on what criteria or attributes actually constitute weakness or strength, this would probably be a more productive discussion. Until then you're just talking past each other. Sorry for intruding in your business, just an observation.

*applause*

I know Oregon played us within a touchdown 4 1/2 years ago. So, I'm looking forward to the game.

I know USC handed our A**es to us in 02 & 03. So, I'm looking to balance the equation.

The SEC does really well. It is unbecoming of us to bash another conference we have very little overlap with.

I know Oregon played us within a touchdown 4 1/2 years ago. So, I'm looking forward to the game.

I know USC handed our A**es to us in 02 & 03. So, I'm looking to balance the equation.

The SEC does really well. It is unbecoming of us to bash another conference we have very little overlap with.

C'mon patbo....looking for reason and logic? ...you've come to the wrong place. Tennessee has about as much as experience against the PAC as anyone in the SEC in the past several years....and if I recall, most of it was not that good.

BUT.....hope I'm still around for the Oregon game....

I think that's fantastic. It's a good location for both fan bases and a great venue for a big game.

Also -- and I doubt many people have noticed this yet -- that will be the 200th anniversary of Alabama's entry into the United States as a state. Hopefully every time anything or anone from our state is on a national stage that year we will be letting the whole country of that.

Play UCLA in a two game series. One in Atlanta and the other one in Arlington.

What's in it for UCLA ? And please don't say money....they can make money playing on the west coast.

Why wouldn't UCLA want to play Auburn? UCLA use to have Tennessee on their schedule a lot for home and home series.

Why wouldn't UCLA want to play Auburn? UCLA use to have Tennessee on their schedule a lot for home and home series.

I don't think it's playing Auburn that ellitor questioned, it's the locations suggested by previous posters. Atlanta and either Dallas or Tempe heavily favors Auburn. Atlanta is basically a home game for Auburn. Neither Dallas nor Tempe provide that kind of advantage for UCLA. If that was ellitor's point, I completely agree.

I heard a while back that Tennessee is working to get a home and home series with UCLA. If this happens, then that tells me that UCLA still believes there's a lot to gain by playing SEC teams.

This will be an awesome game.

well there you are...................finally we hear from a4e. All is well...................for now. Still say AU scared to play my Lobo's

Lobos!!! Oh no! Hide the woman and children!!!

I heard a while back that Tennessee is working to get a home and home series with UCLA. If this happens, then that tells me that UCLA still believes there's a lot to gain by playing SEC teams.

What is a while for you? Your commitment to certain topics over a ridiculous amount of time could make a while last decade for all I know

Archived