2004 team as national champions

auburn4ever

I'm a big fan of Coach Tubs and yeah - AU played more ranked teams than both OU and USC and deserved in the NC game in 2004 over both of them based on the schedule alone. It's like '83, best team with the hardest schedule and no respect.

Excuse me - I have to go beat a dead horse now.

Welcome to AUFamily, Wenfl!

If you don't mind my asking, are you in North Florida or in the NFL?

Thanks for the welcome. =)

I'm living in the South Florida melting pot and all of my neighbors are over the top gator fans (I guess that's still better than tide neighbors)

Ha! True enough.

I misread your username as 'in nfl'.

Lots of Florida folks on the board, Mikey and golf come to mind immediately, but I know there are many others.

:wareagle:

As long as you believe we won it, then what's the problem? It's not like the program claiming it actually means anything other than another 4 numbers added on to future merchandise and maybe a banner somewhere in the stadium or nearby. It's not like we're gonna hang a championship or send that 2004 team to the White House or get any rings or get anything that really states we won a championship.

Without a doubt, we should have a national titles for 2004 and 1983. This was a no-brainer after USC was dethroned and OU suffering a beat down of Biblical proportions. The 1983 season was one for the ages of how stupidity won out for the day. My blood pressure still hits the danger zone when I think about how we were robbed blind of the NC title. Tubs is dead on right about the 2004 season. This is one dead horse that continually needs to have the crap beat out of it until the right thing is done.

1983 & 2004 were seasons that should have ended with Auburn 1 in the nation. The powers that be who decided we were not worthy of national titles for 1983 & 2004 teams just do not get it. As for other seasons of yesteryear that the committee decided were not worthy of national titles, the committee should get off of its thumbs and do the right thing.

Without a doubt, we should have a national titles for 2004 and 1983. This was a no-brainer after USC was dethroned and OU suffering a beat down of Biblical proportions. The 1983 season was one for the ages of how stupidity won out for the day. My blood pressure still hits the danger zone when I think about how we were robbed blind of the NC title. Tubs is dead on right about the 2004 season. This is one dead horse that continually needs to have the crap beat out of it until the right thing is done.

1983 & 2004 were seasons that should have ended with Auburn 1 in the nation. The powers that be who decided we were not worthy of national titles for 1983 & 2004 teams just do not get it. As for other seasons of yesteryear that the committee decided were not worthy of national titles, the committee should get off of its thumbs and do the right thing.

All JJ has to do is claim them and they are ours!

We need to start a petition drive to get every Auburn fan who is in favor of claiming what is rightfully ours.

We need to start a petition drive to get every Auburn fan who is in favor of claiming what is rightfully ours.

As long as Jacobs is AD, there probably won't be any changing his mind.

I'm in the group that it doesn't bother me one way or another. Back counting championships gives us what, bragging rights and some more flags to go up around the stadium? Probably some recruiting benefits too, I suppose.

It's recent and more evidence that "AU SHOULD" claim the titles AU has "EARNED".

I agree. Auburn should claim ALL the titles they've earned; 1913, 1914, 1957, 1958, 1983, 2004, 2010, and any others as well.

Here's what would happen: At first a few people would dismiss the claim. But after a few (and a very few) years people would accept it. That's how those claims work.

What about having two lists: One with Auburn standards, and one with Bama's standards.

We could list all, but put an asterisk on the "Bama standards" ones with a footnote identifying it as such.

We kill two birds with one stone. (Or have our cake and eat it too.) ;)

What about having two lists: One with Auburn standards, and one with Bama's standards.

We could list all, but put an asterisk on the "Bama standards" ones with a footnote identifying it as such.

We kill two birds with one stone. (Or have our cake and eat it too.) ;)/>

I really like that idea!

Don't Just Say It. Claim It. They Are Legitimate!!

1910, 1913, 1914, 1957, 1958, 1983, 1993, 2004, 2010

Archived