Hitting women, equality?

Mims44

http://college.usatoday.com/2015/07/07/video-of-fsu-qb-punching-woman/

So, girl raises her fist as if to hit him, he grabs that arm and holds it back, so she then balls up her other fist and punches him in the face. He retaliates by punching her in the face.

I have to think if this were two men they would have said self defense. Instead HE is charged with battery.

Crazy how the news source words it as well, as she clearly raises her fist and talks s***... yet they word it as she raised her first first and struck first to defend herself... lmao.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://college.usato...punching-woman/

So, girl raises her fist as if to hit him, he grabs that arm and holds it back, so she then balls up her other fist and punches him in the face. He retaliates by punching her in the face.

I have to think if this were two men they would have said self defense. Instead HE is charged with battery.

Crazy how the news source words it as well, as she clearly raises her fist and talks s***... yet they word it as she raised her first first and struck first to defend herself... lmao.

This seems awfully similar to what I posted on the FSU qb thread. I'm all for a good lengthy discussion on this subject.

Just to rehash, I said, " How does this fit the feminist movement demanding equality in all things related to men. Are they raising hell because he struck a woman and is punished and the woman isn't even though she swung first? Doubtful. I'm all for women's rights but in cases like this, the hypocrisy is noted."

Then...

"It really does. I'm all for treating a woman like a fragile vase if that is what the women want, but it's a lose lose situation trying to appease the law and the feminists. I have been accused of being sexist for holding a door open for a woman, but by God I better treat that woman like a princess if she is slinging those three inch heels at me."

Simple solution is, hands off a woman when she doesn't want you touching her.

So while throwing punches she doesn't want to be touched. Gotcha

We may see the day that women are treated the same as men in this regard, but I hope that we don't. He was not in any danger of being injured by her. He could have easily blocked her attempts at hitting him and walked away.

she was already being touched, pushed maybe fondled. she turned around and had words. then got pressed harder, then raised her right fist(in my interpretation that is a warning to back off, if she wanted to hit him there would have been no pause just a punch). he then, needlessly grabbed her right hand(that is at least twice he initiated physical contact) she punches to free herself from his grasp. then lights out. that is how i see it. she could have remained quietly pressed against the bar until he left, i guess.

she was already being touched, pushed maybe fondled. she turned around and had words. then got pressed harder, then raised her right fist(in my interpretation that is a warning to back off, if she wanted to hit him there would have been no pause just a punch). he then, needlessly grabbed her right hand(that is at least twice he initiated physical contact) she punches to free herself from his grasp. then lights out. that is how i see it. she could have remained quietly pressed against the bar until he left, i guess.

Going to a bar, where there are often seats at the bar, the bar can be quite crowded. You literally have to work your way through the crowd to order a drink. She turned around and she instigated because she didnt want to be involuntarily touched in a crowded place. She started talking s*** and "bucked up at him." He tried to restrain the arm and then she kneed him to open the distance up enough to punch him.

lol at she didnt want to be touched.

Don't be THAT guy.

This is pretty accurate. With the punch she threw, she could have hit him 100 times and not cause any damage. He rocked her with that punch. I'm sure some use of force law would come into play here. Did the threat require the force used?

This is pretty accurate. With the punch she threw, she could have hit him 100 times and not cause any damage. He rocked her with that punch. I'm sure some use of force law would come into play here. Did the threat require the force used?

The amount of force doesnt matter. When one tries to, punches, and connects with another, it can be considered battery. Heck, even spitting on another person qualifies as battery.

The amount of force doesnt matter. When one tries to, punches, and connects with another, it can be considered battery. Heck, even spitting on another person qualifies as battery.

A lawyer could better answer this for us, but in my study of conceal carry law this is how its always phased. "Did the threat require the force used?" While we can say both parties used their fist, a jury would have to determine if the threat to Johnson required the force he used.

Could both people in a fight face charges? Absolutely. Could one of those people face more charges than the other? Absolutely.

I will add that I didn't like the way she turned around with her fist balled up. She had no idea who is was. Good ole Liquid courage.

Don't be THAT guy.

Well, when I throw punches I don't want to be touched either. lol

I wouldn't have hit her in that situation, but I don't think it's fair to him how this has been handled and portrayed in the media.

It seems to a lot of people the only proper response for a man being assaulted by a woman is to either sprint away or curl up in the fetal position.

Don't be THAT guy.

Well, when I throw punches I don't want to be touched either. lol

I wouldn't have hit her in that situation, but I don't think it's fair to him how this has been handled and portrayed in the media.

It seems to a lot of people the only proper response for a man being assaulted by a woman is to either sprint away or curl up in the fetal position.

I know what you are saying. But ULTIMATELY if I didnt want to be touched I would walk away. Punching is just asking for it.

That fondled stuff is a bunch of crap. Dude was pushed himself into her. She turned around making a scene threatened him, kicked him, then punched him and of course the media left out the part of him being punched...

Not accurate at all

I think there is more to the situation than what was on camera. Apparently he rather roughly bumped her aside just before they come into view. So her weak little punch wasn't necessarily the first contact.

But beyond that, you have to have the presence of mind to respond proportionally. Unless she has a weapon of some sort, that girl isn't likely to hurt him. If you need to shove her away to keep her from hitting you, that's one thing. Decking her when you're 200+ pounds of solid muscle is another.

My mom always taught me that if a girl hit me to warn her not to touch me. If she did swung at me again, grab her arm firmly, bend it away from me and tell her in unmistakeable terms that if she hits me again, I'm going to punch back. If she did it a third time, deck her. But I'm not even sure that would fly as an adult, especially if I'm that much bigger and stronger than her. Sometimes you have to prove your manhood by walking away. You have way more to lose than she does.

That fondled stuff is a bunch of crap.

I agree, it looked like he was rough working his way up to the bar.

One more thought, being 19 years old, I would be interested to know if the bar served him that night.

He shouldn't have hit her. But I think if she didn't raise her hand, or after raising her hand don't kick him, and even after that if she didn't punch him I don't think she would have been punched. He should be disciplined, she should as well.

I can tell nobody has watch the entire video. If so, we would have had at least one comment on the bartenders overall jhorts.

I had to go back a second time to catch that. LOL

I can tell nobody has watch the entire video. If so, we would have had at least one comment on the bartenders overall jhorts.

I saw that..and the shirtless customer. That would never fly in Florence.

Didn't know Gators were banging Seminoles wives like that... after looking through Gator sites it is pretty hilarious.

He shouldn't have hit her. But I think if she didn't raise her hand, or after raising her hand don't kick him, and even after that if she didn't punch him I don't think she would have been punched. He should be disciplined, she should as well.

And yup, but again media portraying it as all him. We're equal but unequal.

i didn't want to be the first to mention that. but that looked very rainbowish.

Archived