Hitting women, equality?

Mims44

I can tell nobody has watch the entire video. If so, we would have had at least one comment on the bartenders overall jhorts.

I had to go back a second time to catch that. LOL

i didn't want to be the first to mention that. but that looked very rainbowish.

I just assumed it was normal, and since I'm now 30 I no longer understand what any young people are doing... ever.

BTW, Cole... aren't you closing in on 29-30 now?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta walk away, fellas! Unless your life is in danger you will NEVER win this argument and in most cases you shouldn't.

I find this a little ironic: "He shouldn't have hit her. But I think if she didn't raise her hand, or after raising her hand don't kick him, and even after that if she didn't punch him I don't think she would have been punched. He should be disciplined, she should as well."

If I remember correctly, the same reasoning did not apply in some recent police incidents.

Didn't know Gators were banging Seminoles wives like that... after looking through Gator sites it is pretty hilarious.

He shouldn't have hit her. But I think if she didn't raise her hand, or after raising her hand don't kick him, and even after that if she didn't punch him I don't think she would have been punched. He should be disciplined, she should as well.

And yup, but again media portraying it as all him. We're equal but unequal.

Welcome to the Real World. Where have you been for SO long?

I find this a little ironic: "He shouldn't have hit her. But I think if she didn't raise her hand, or after raising her hand don't kick him, and even after that if she didn't punch him I don't think she would have been punched. He should be disciplined, she should as well."

If I remember correctly, the same reasoning did not apply in some recent police incidents.

PC rules ALL !!! Truth and justice never apply. (What would have happened if he were NOT an FSU FB player???) Hmmmmmm...

Grumps, this statement also sounds like the classic line of "Baby, why did you make me hit you?".

He was pushing up against her. She obviously told him she didn't like it and he persisted. I don't know what he said, but she raised a fist in response to it. However, until he grabbed her, things were basically verbal aside from the initial push. Then she put (not "hit" him in the groin) her knee up on him and pushed off trying to get loose of his grip. When that didn't work, she punched him. Then he punched her.

I think she was overreacting in a crowded bar to someone pushing up against her and there's no telling what she said or that he said back. But cocking a fist at someone does not give the other person permission to put their hands on you, much less grab and hold and control your movements. In light of him grabbing her, I don't necessarily blame her for pushing, slapping or punching him to get him to back off.

I give both of them some blame, but I lay more of it at his feet.

Grumps, this statement also sounds like the classic line of "Baby, why did you make me hit you?".

If that statement was preceded by taking a hard hook to the jaw then yup.

He was pushing up against her. She obviously told him she didn't like it and he persisted. I don't know what he said, but she raised a fist in response to it. However, until he grabbed her, things were basically verbal aside from the initial push. Then she put (not "hit" him in the groin) her knee up on him and pushed off trying to get loose of his grip. When that didn't work, she punched him. Then he punched her.

I think she was overreacting in a crowded bar to someone pushing up against her and there's no telling what she said or that he said back. But cocking a fist at someone does not give the other person permission to put their hands on you, much less grab and hold and control your movements. In light of him grabbing her, I don't necessarily blame her for pushing, slapping or punching him to get him to back off.

Very weird, as to me it seems he is trying to get to the open spot at the bar and due to the crowd he is pushed against her. At which point, her drunken stupidity kicked in and she goes into hurr durr less fight mode.

And in what reality does someone cocking their fist at me not permit me to per-emptively defend myself by at least trying to hold cocked fist back? Again, replace her with a guy and people would instead be saying, quick thinking by the FSU QB, at least he stopped the 1st would be punch to his face.

Very weird, as to me it seems he is trying to get to the open spot at the bar and due to the crowd he is pushed against her. At which point, her drunken stupidity kicked in and she goes into hurr durr less fight mode.

He may have been doing just that....pushing to get to a spot and not caring who you have to push or shove to get there.

And in what reality does someone cocking their fist at me not permit me to per-emptively defend myself by at least trying to hold cocked fist back? Again, replace her with a guy and people would instead be saying, quick thinking by the FSU QB, at least he stopped the 1st would be punch to his face.

Our reality. You do not get to put your hands on someone when they have not touched you. She pulled back a fist and stayed. And from her perspective, she turned and told him to stop and he kept shoving up against her. It's not like he caught her in the middle of throwing a punch.

The other part of that reality is that you're 200 lbs. of solid muscle. You outweigh her by 40-50 lbs or more. You cannot tell me he saw her as a serious threat unless there's a crowbar hidden from view of the camera.

So yes, in light of the obvious differential in size and strength, he does not have the right to put his hands on her, much less grab and control her movements to the point where she can't even push off of him and get out of his grip.

He's a punk , straight up. He jostled her, and then clearly said something to get her to react w/ a raised fist. Been in a lot of bars, crowded shoulder to shoulder, and never had a girl raise her fist at me. If she had, I'd have laughed, and told her to relax or what ever. A real man could have defused the situation in a nano second w/ out resorting to grabbing her and then smacking the hell out of her.

Anyone who thinks she's partly to blame for this is a punk. Sorry, you are.

I don't know Fla. Law, but this would have most likely increased the threat level and therefore would have warranted the force he used. If we don't get a plea deal, a jury will have to determine this.

He's a punk , straight up. He jostled her, and then clearly said something to get her to react w/ a raised fist. Been in a lot of bars, crowded shoulder to shoulder, and never had a girl raise her fist at me. If she had, I'd have laughed, and told her to relax or what ever. A real man could have defused the situation in a nano second w/ out resorting to grabbing her and then smacking the hell out of her.

He didn't "clearly" do anything. since there is no audio. She could have said "Get the **** off me ni***r" and raised her fist to him saying "excuse me ma'am, sorry for bumping into you".... or it could have been her saying something nice and him saying something antagonizing.

But from the look of her... and yeah it's profiling... but from her looks I'd guess she's a cheap club rat with no respect, talent, or drive in life besides ******* up peoples day.

And the "punk" name calling? You keyboard soldiers are so hard lol

He didn't "clearly" do anything. since there is no audio. She could have said "Get the **** off me ni***r" and raised her fist to him saying "excuse me ma'am, sorry for bumping into you".... or it could have been her saying something nice and him saying something antagonizing.

But from the look of her... and yeah it's profiling... but from her looks I'd guess she's a cheap club rat with no respect, talent, or drive in life besides ******* up peoples day.

Anyone who smacks a woman like that or defends smacking a woman like that is a punk.

Shoe fits, wear it.

Watched the vid several times, zoomed in on the action, and he clearly grabs the bar, w/ both hands, and tries to pull his way through 2 women to get to the empty space. The blonde is clearly AT the bar, already, and even casually leans back and says something , while smiling. Might be she's playfully taunting him that she made it to the bar first, but he doesn't seem to react. THEN he tries to plow through to the bar, and that's when things go awry. She may even have pushed back on him, after feeling him on her back. That only makes him push harder to the bar, and things get ugly.

He didn't even knock her down w/ that cheap shot either.

Wow, took 5 pages until race was injected into this issue. Dare I say we have made progress in our race relations on this Forum?

My guess is that unless you're speaking into someone's ear, you can't hear what anyone is saying in those bars anyway. Claims that she called him something either before or after he shoved her , really don't matter. She may not be a princess, but there's no excusing his actions. He's wrong. 100%.

My guess is that unless you're speaking into someone's ear, you can't hear what anyone is saying in those bars anyway. Claims that she called him something either before or after he shoved her , really don't matter. She may not be a princess, but there's no excusing his actions. He's wrong. 100%.

But would your stance be 100% the same if she was a man?

Again, my main point of posting was to see if anyone else saw the hypocrisy of claiming equality in every single thing between women and men, while holding blatantly unequal feelings about violence between genders.

Again, my main point of posting was to see if anyone else saw the hypocrisy of claiming equality in every single thing between women and men, while holding blatantly unequal feelings about violence between genders.

Men and women are different. But even if I were in the same situation , where some little blonde dude tried to get physical like she did him, I'd not start throwin' punches AT the bar. Worst case scenario, we take it outside.

And yes, I've been to far more than my fair share of bars, never had an issue like that.

Men and women are different. But even if I were in the same situation , where some little blonde dude tried to get physical like she did him, I'd not start throwin' punches AT the bar. Worst case scenario, we take it outside.

And yes, I've been to far more than my fair share of bars, never had an issue like that.

So youri

That was the whole point of my first two posts. Women want to claim they are not different until stuff like this happens. I would think the feminists that wants to be considered equal would call you a sexist for insinuating that women are above reproach in a violent manner but men are not. However I agree with you. Not only do I think I am different than women, I think I am different than males too. The equality crap is for the birds. Lot of y'all have talents that I don't have. I have talents that y'all don't have. Plus the aesthetics, if y'all don't mind...

Even Rhonda Rousey says it's not a good idea for women to fight men. Sure, she was talking about in the ring, but that's the point. Men and women are different.

And where the hell has basic civility gone ? I swear, it was here just a moment ago.

Even Rhonda Rousey says it's not a good idea for women to fight men. Sure, she was talking about in the ring, but that's the point. Men and women are different.

And where the hell has basic civility gone ? I swear, it was here just a moment ago.

She understands that most women would get their face bent in because they haven't achieved their doctorate in arm-bars like Rousey has.

Here is a nice video for your entertainment. 0311 grunt v. a loud mouth woman.... oops, didnt mean to provide the spoiler...

I have never seen a man raise and cock a fist. That would get you decked. From a woman that is a warning or a distress sign. He caused it by being an ass. That is where a gentleman would back off or apologize. Right or wrong you don't fight a girl. He absolutely started the physical part . that is confirmed 100%

I have never seen a man raise and cock a fist. That would get you decked. From a woman that is a warning or a distress sign. He caused it by being an ass. That is where a gentleman would back off or apologize. Right or wrong you don't fight a girl. He absolutely started the physical part . that is confirmed 100%

Lol she turned around with a fist for being brushed. The latter happens a lot! Nothing has been confirmed except in your own mind.

Lol she turned around with a fist for being brushed. The latter happens a lot! Nothing has been confirmed except in your own mind.

not brushed. Thrusted, grudgingly at that.

not brushed. Thrusted, grudgingly at that.

What he did was grudgingly sure. I've had to nudge, commandeer, and squeeze through holes just to get a drink. Plus there are always people that rather sit at the bar and chat when people are waiting three deep. Either way she responded like a roid rage freak. Do or did you teach your kids to buck up after being brushed or "thrusted?"

Archived