Move Nathan Bedford Forrests's Body?

Haven't been to the site, so no idea what's there...

But wouldn't it be easier to just remove the headstone? Rather than digging up some old corpses.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY TAKE is that the flag should never have been placed on top of the statehouse to begin with. BUT...."IF" we as a society can pick and choose whose "heritage' to go after for PC purposes we need to be fair and equitable. There's no sugarcoating it. The union allowed slavery for 77 years as a nation and the Europeans allowed it well before that....including thousands of white slaves.

And I'm trying to explain to you why that sort of simplistic distillation of the situations is a false equivalency. The South's legacy would be different too had they renounced and abolished slavery without resorting to war or even if they had gone to war and somehow won, if shortly thereafter they would have abolished slavery of their own accord. They did neither. The United States (minus the Confederacy) did. Great Britain did. Various other European countries did. That matters.

This whole flag thing is about 1 thing and 1 thing only......PC. Nothing has changed with it coming down.....in fact it might have reopened some wounds in the process.

Well, I disagree about that too. There are way to many people who have no love for PC anything that felt that thing needed to go to buy that it's "about 1 thing only."

The flag coming down has nothing to do with 9 souls lost at the hands of a hate monger. The flag is merely an opportunity made in the middle of a "crisis". I disagree on the notion that you can pick and choose on the issue. The United States and the people in this country should spend all their efforts on what is in front of us and not what is behind us. Instead we live in the past and act as if the future is going to be put on hold while we do it.

You don't get it. We understand that. Your first sentence reveals it. As does the second. And actually the third

Aw hell, pretty much the whole post illustrates you don't get it. I'd give you a response sentence by sentence if you demand, but why waste our time?

I don't get it? :clap::punk::big::nanner:

Nope.

Elementary my dear Watson. :cool:

Gen. Forrest would be proud of you guys :big:/>

:Sing:/>

Not of me he wouldn't. He's turning in his grave....And I'm good with that lol

LOL!

But wouldn't it be easier to just remove the headstone? Rather than digging up some old corpses.

I agree, I don't see why people are making his name relevant again....they finally was able to change the school's name that was after him, let him fade away

Gen. Forrest would be proud of you guys :big:/>

:Sing:/>

Not of me he wouldn't. He's turning in his grave....And I'm good with that lol

No, not proud of you...

You didnt go to law school.

I agree, I don't see why people are making his name relevant again....they finally was able to change the school's name that was after him, let him fade away

Because it doesn't fit a narrative. There are some who want to whitewash every other moment in history thinking that it will change something in their lives. It's where we are now.

He made millions off of the slave trade and agriculture. I have to side with the "leftistas" or whatever.

And the obvious one, he founded the KKK.

Well, helped found and was its first Grand Wizard.

I did not know that. Wow

:blink: You grew up in the South and didnt know who NBF was?

He made millions off of the slave trade and agriculture. I have to side with the "leftistas" or whatever.

I did not know that. Wow

That's not what he said. :-\

Apparently you can't read. If you don't know NBF helped found the KKK, you really need a remedial education.

Apparently you can't read. If you don't know NBF helped found the KKK, you really need a remedial education.

What do you mean "I can't read"? I can read what he actually wrote.

You are really big in extrapolating other's words to suit yourself. This is yet another example.

I did not know that. Wow

Did I know he helped found the KKK. no. Did I know he was a general in the civil war before this board, yes. Do I now know that he helped form the KKK, yes. Do I have more knowledge of NBF's achievements military achievements because of this board, yes. Do I think you are a dick for trying to put words in my mouth and questioning my education, yes. Anything else?

I did not know that. Wow

Did I know he helped found the KKK. no. Did I know he was a general in the civil war before this board, yes. Do I now know that he helped form the KKK, yes. Do I have more knowledge of NBF's achievements military achievements because of this board, yes. Do I think you are a dick for trying to put words in my mouth and questioning my education, yes. Anything else?

And thank you for making MY POINT so perfectly. How in the world you grew up in the south and did not know all that prior to today? Must be hard holding your head in the sand for sssooo long. One other fact for the clueless. The KKK National Headquarters were in Pulaski, TN for I dont even care to know how long. They were moved to Tuscumbia, AL In time to be a part of Jimmy Carter's 1980 Campaign Kickoff at the Park there.

<SMDH>

I did not know that. Wow

:blink:/> You grew up in the South and didnt know who NBF was?

And thank you for making MY POINT so perfectly. How in the world you grew up in the south and did not know all that prior to today? Must be hard holding your head in the sand for sssooo long. One other fact for the clueless. The KKK National Headquarters were in Pulaski, TN for I dont even care to know how long. They were moved to Tuscumbia, AL In time to be a part of Jimmy Carter's 1980 Campaign Kickoff at the Park there.

<SMDH>

What does knowing where the KKK HQ used to be have to do with anything? Or the 1980 Jimmie Carter campaign that was 9 years before I was born? Did I give you a vibe that I gave a flying **** about the KKK? For whatever reason, I went to a private school and the history curriculum there never included the useless fact. You act like I'm suppose to know that NBH formed the KKK because I live in the south and the southerners hang out with the KKK ghosts outside of work and we talked about the flipping KKK the whole time. Lol where do you live?

I did not know that. Wow

<SMDH>

What does knowing where the KKK HQ used to be have to do with anything? Or the 1980 Jimmie Carter campaign that was 9 years before I was born? Did I give you a vibe that I gave a flying **** about the KKK? For whatever reason, I went to a private school and the history curriculum there never included the useless fact. You act like I'm suppose to know that NBH formed the KKK because I live in the south and the southerners hang out with the KKK ghosts outside of work and we talked about the flipping KKK the whole time. Lol where do you live?

Jeff, take my advice and turn off the ability for this dude to send you PMs. I grew up in the south and didnt learn anything about this guy. First time I heard his name was during Forrest Gump.

I did not know that. Wow

<SMDH>

Jeff, take my advice and turn off the ability for this dude to send you PMs. I grew up in the south and didnt learn anything about this guy. First time I heard his name was during Forrest Gump.

Thanks. I was about to say, as far as confederate general's go, I learned more about Jackson and Lee than the rest of them. I sure hate that I disappointed him for not being the type to attend civil war reincarnations every month though. Oh well

Morning USN, going to give the 2/3s of this story too?

Private School?...I rest my case.

I was trying to give you some more history relevant stuff to dwell upon other than:

1) Everything in the world is George W Bush's fault.

2) Everything else in the world is some Christian's RightWinger's Conservative's Someone that doesnt agree with me's Fault.

3) ***There are actual people that know real things that you dont and because they know stuff you dont know, they have better informed opinions about the way things work in the world.***

Now actually acknowledging that some folks may know more than you is going to be the problem here. Because the sewing circle absolutely think they have perfect knowledge of every fact and event that has ever happened since the dawn of time. You see, they, by definition, cannot not allow that they may not have perfect knowledge of ALL events and ALL facts. Therefore they just alter posts, remove facts, discard facts, etc... that inconveniently appear to muddy their reading of that days talking points.

Morning USN, going to give the 2/3s of this story too?

Private School?...I rest my case.

I was trying to give you some more history relevant stuff to dwell upon other than:

1) Everything in the world is George W Bush's fault.

2) Everything else in the world is some Christian's RightWinger's Conservative's Someone that doesnt agree with me's Fault.

3) ***There are actual people that know real things that you dont and because they know stuff you dont know, they have better informed opinions about the way things work in the world.***

Now actually acknowledging that some folks may know more than you is going to be the problem here. Because the sewing circle absolutely think they have perfect knowledge of every fact and event that has ever happened since the dawn of time. You see, they, by definition, cannot not allow that they may not have perfect knowledge of ALL events and ALL facts. Therefore they just alter posts, remove facts, discard facts, etc... that inconveniently appear to muddy their reading of that days talking points.

Yep. Private school. 31 people in my senior class and combined 1.2 million dollars worth in scholarship money.

As far as the rest of the rant, if you are that pissed this early, you might as well go back to bed. It's not going to be a goodun, tracking?

I went to private school in Florence too Jeff, where did you? I knew about the kkk stuff in Pulaski. But only through my classmates. When I get time today I'll tell you about my experience in Pulaski lol

I went to private school in Florence too Jeff, where did you? I knew about the kkk stuff in Pulaski. But only through my classmates. When I get time today I'll tell you about my experience in Pulaski lol

Shoals Christian. Killer 1A baseball team

Was Rudy assisting coaching when you were there. I used to come out there and play alot. Lots of people from Florence Christian academy left there and went to shoals

Was Rudy assisting coaching when you were there. I used to come out there and play alot. Lots of people from Florence Christian academy left there and went to shoals

Yeah he is one of the coolest people I have ever met lol

He goes to my church but even before that I played lots of basketball and tournaments and stuff with him. I actually came out there and played guys on the team in scrimmages as well so we probably played each other if you played lol.

I met the you guys coach(i think his name was Patrick maybe) playing pick up ball before too

He goes to my church but even before that I played lots of basketball and tournaments and stuff with him. I actually came out there and played guys on the team in scrimmages as well so we probably played each other if you played lol.

I met the you guys coach(i think his name was Patrick maybe) playing pick up ball before too

Yeah his name is Patrick. He left for Belgreen though. I don't think Rudy coached the year I played. He just showed up every now and then. He coached my brother though.

Yeah his name is Patrick. He left for Belgreen though. I don't think Rudy coached the year I played. He just showed up every now and then. He coached my brother though.

Good stuff, small world. We still all argue about basketball on Facebook LOL. Me, him, Corey, etc.

I did not know that. Wow

<SMDH>

That's right...double down. :-\

Archived