SEC Network host: UAT will lose 5 games this year

RunInRed

He must have a death wish ... not to say I would hate it if his prediction came true ;)

I think Bama goes 8-4 and loses a bowl game. HATE the way their schedule lays out for them. Auburn had same type schedule last year, lost 5.

Fantastic first day of hosting @finebaum show with @SECbooger, including the caller who suggested I was "high off of fart bubbles"

@PeterBurnsESPN

I agree RIR lol as much as I'd love to see it happen I don't see them losing 4-5, but more like 2ish maybe 3 is realistic.

It's bound to happen some time. No team is going to go forever winning 10 or more games..The Alabama schedule is stacked with 9 teams that have a good chance of beating them.

with questions at QB and depth at RB if another injury occurs, it could be likely. Front seven of the D is solid, but who knows what the DBs will do this year

Seems that every year, Bama loses a lot of players to the NFL and graduation, but then they just plug in the backlog of 5 and 4 star players who were rotating in sparingly the previous year. They've demonstrated that they can win with mediocre QBs who just "manage" the game.

I'd love to see them lose 4 or 5 games, but it's extremely unlikely with Saban and the roster of talent they have on hand. I figure 2 games are tossups for Bama this year -- UGA and Auburn. Both are away games for them. They get Arkansas, LSU and Ole Miss at home.

Seems that every year, Bama loses a lot of players to the NFL and graduation, but then they just plug in the backlog of 5 and 4 star players who were rotating in sparingly the previous year. They've demonstrated that they can win with mediocre QBs who just "manage" the game.

I'd love to see them lose 4 or 5 games, but it's extremely unlikely with Saban and the roster of talent they have on hand. I figure 2 games are tossups for Bama this year -- UGA and Auburn. Both are away games for them. They get Arkansas, LSU and Ole Miss at home.

They lose those five games plus the bowl game if eligible.

They lose those five games plus the bowl game if eligible.

If you really believe that, call Las Vegas 'cause you can get some good odds if you are willing to bet against Bama (take the points). I agree with Rex....every year they lose a bunch of talent but they have 5* guys sitting on the bench waiting to play.

Maybe 1 game, or 2 games maximum before they get to Auburn....but hard to predict which game it might be....just figuring that someone will catch them in a down week. .....JMO

I'll believe it when I see it. They're stacked with quality players, and Sims was not a talented QB. Worst passer of Saban's tenure. They'll be more talented in the backfield with Henry and QB X.

I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes. Saban is no Les Miles, he knows how to utiize the piles of talent on his team......... Miles not so much.

This may be the most incomplete team Saban has coached, but I don't think that there is any way that they lose 5 games. Realistically, 3 games at the most. At least that is what I believe.

This may be the most incomplete team Saban has coached, but I don't think that there is any way that they lose 5 games. Realistically, 3 games at the most. At least that is what I believe.

I don't know, outside of the quarterback position, they are stacked in every part of their team, and deep too. But I'm with you at 3 losses at the most.

Law of Averages & stuff. No team is invincible forever. Fact - other SEC teams are getting better. This season is a good one to predict a down season for them.

Will need more major injuries for the "kings of recruiting cheating" to lose 4 or 5. Simply too much talent. I hate it, but just too talented to lose 5 games.

The same thing was said about LSU up until last year. You can only hemorrhage so much 5 and 4 star talent per year for so long until you simply have too inexperienced of a roster to play at the same level. Not saying I'd bet money on it happening to the Turds this year, but its not out of the question, either.

I wouldn't bet on UAT losing 4-5, but it wouldn't shock me. Their games against Auburn, UGA, and LSU will be tough. TAMU is a bad matchup for them since Alabama's DBs are crappy. Arkansas and Tennessee both are on the upswing; while those may not be losses, they will be more taxing than usual. And they open with a not-too-bad Wisconsin team, returning a good defense and a senior QB (not a great QB, but he has a lot of experience and that is key in early season games).

I think losing 3-4 games is very realistic. It will be a season similar to 2010 when bammer had plenty of talent surrounding a very average game manager QB.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to Arkansas. The way the Hogs improved last season as it progressed, and as close as that game was.....Arky will want to beat bammer. It will be a huge game for them.

Last year Bama's starting QB wasn't determined until about a week before the first game. Offensive line, Defensive Backs and kicking game had questions going into the season but somehow they won the SEC. You just never know when you are dealing with 18-22 year old young men. What really shocked me last year was AU losing 5 games. I guess anything is possible.

What really shocked me last year was AU losing 5 games. I guess anything is possible.

No one was expecting our defense to be as awful as it was. An average defense would've won us at least 2 or 3 more games.

Very true. Bama and A&M in particular.

Those are the two that stick out most in my mind. Wisconsin too, probably. But if hadn't lost to TAMU/bama then we wouldn't have even played Wisconsin, so I suppose it's moot to include the post season opponent.

Guest WarEagleSteve

Honestly, I could see them losing five games. Think about how many close games they managed to squeak by in last year. LSU, Mississippi State, Arkansas, and Auburn were all games that they very easily could have lost. They weren't exactly convincing in wins over West Virginia and Tennessee either. This year they get UGA, Auburn, Texas A&M, and MSU on the road plus Wisconsin at a neutral site. Their schedule is much tougher this year and I honestly cannot see this year's team being better than last year's. Yes, they have stockpiled quite a bit of talent. Yes, they have simply reloaded in years past. However, the exodus of experience, talent, and leadership that is gone on both sides of the ball is very significant. Blake Sims may not have been the most polished passer to come through Tuscaloosa but he was a guy who'd been in the program for four years and had the benefit of throwing to the best wide receiver in school history. Jacob Coker or whoever winds up the starter will have neither of those luxuries in addition to having ZERO returning starters at the offensive skill positions (sure Derrick Henry but he wasn't a starter). They only return two starters from a secondary that was suspect at best last year. Five losses isn't as far out of the realm of possibility as people imagine.

Archived