Oregon to allow 15-yr olds to get sex-reassignment surgery w/o parental consent

TitanTiger

I get it's a hot topic today...

But I see this as a negative towards parents. Don't care about gender changes... I wasn't able to make smart life decisions 100% at 15, and I would guess my children won't be able to either.

I doubt we have anyone on these boards that will even attempt to state they knew exactly what they wanted and what ways to secure long time happiness for themselves at the age of 15.

Sorry for the snark but, you do realize the FOX style of reporting and, the target audience, don't you? Did you acutally read the report you are citing? Do those results and conclusion convince you?

30% Not traceable

27% Still identify as transgender

The remainder are almost all homosexual or bisexual

Does that really sound like resolution?

I did read it. Particularly this part:

CONCLUSIONS:

Most children with gender dysphoria will not remain gender dysphoric after puberty. Children with persistent GID are characterized by more extreme gender dysphoria in childhood than children with desisting gender dysphoria. With regard to sexual orientation, the most likely outcome of childhood GID is homosexuality or bisexuality.

Those are the conclusions of the study's authors, not mine and not that of Fox News.

So, only 27% are known to still identify as transgender. Of the ones we know, the rest no longer believe they are the opposite sex of what their biology shows them. Of that groiup who no longer have gender dysphoria, all of the girls and half the boys report having a heterosexual orientation. The rest are bisexual or gay.

All the more reason not to be screwing around with the hormones of children no matter how much they think they want it, much less prepping them mentally for possible gender reassignment surgery.

Do you have personal experience that reinforces your definitive statements? Children aren't at all capable of mature, honest thoughts and emotions? You make it sound like they are coercing their parents into buying them a toy.

Yes, I have two children myself, aged 10 and 12. They are capable of many honest thoughts and emotions. They have maturing thoughts and will surprise you at times. But they are not consistent with it. They are still children and they still have limitations to their ability to process and understand what they feel and they are terrible at knowing what they really need, what is best, what the future will hold, what they will want a week, a month, six months, a year or 10 years from now. I was a counselor for years with a youth group of hundreds of teens. I've seen the wild swings of thought and desires, worries and emotional drama. I've also seen things they swore up and down were the most awful, horrible things ever that would ruin their life, fade into something they barely thought of anymore.

Of course they are capable of some mature and honest thoughts and feelings. As a parent, that's what I'm trying to develop in them. But they aren't there yet. Not by a long shot. And certainly not enough to make these kinds of decisions with huge ramifications for their health and long-term future.

autigeremt posted this yesterday. Shouldn't this thread be locked?

I didn't see it at the time and this thread took off where his didn't. Let it go.

...Most children with gender dysphoria will not remain gender dysphoric after puberty. Children with persistent GID are characterized by more extreme gender dysphoria in childhood than children with desisting gender dysphoria....

Sorry for double nesting the quote. I wonder what the criteria are for characterizing their dysphoria as "extreme." Might be a good indicator as to whether or not therapy should be considered.

They done sited that there liberal pbs show so we knows they is liars....(beat that moron to the punch)...

They done sited that there liberal pbs show so we knows they is liars....(beat that moron to the punch)...

Hey, Titan. May I borrow your banhammer for a moment?

Anyone that thinks government sanctioned mutilation of minors is anything other than twisted is sick. I can't believe some of you twisted bastards think this is a topic that deserves serious merit. Seriously, you shouldn't be allowed near kids.

Anyone that thinks government sanctioned mutilation of minors is anything other than twisted is sick. I can't believe some of you twisted bastards think this is a topic that deserves serious merit. Seriously, you shouldn't be allowed near kids.

Hey, Titan. May I borrow your banhammer for a moment?

Some things simply aren't right. And despite the most sincere motives, acts like this can be really really bad.

Some things simply aren't right. And despite the most sincere motives, acts like this can be really really bad.

This is pure evil; plain and simple.

Must be comforting to approach life so simply.

Please explain specifically what you see as "evil".

Well, those behind such a law do want life to be simple. They want us all belonging to the Govt, and not the parents who brought us into the world.

It Takes A Village Idiot To Say Kids Belong To State

An MSNBC contributor revisits the statist notion that while you gave birth to your children and feed and clothe them, they are only on loan to you by their true parent — a benevolent and all-knowing government.

Melissa Harris-Perry, an African-American professor at Tulane, has endorsed the concept of human ownership by the state, something we thought history would teach her is a bad thing, saying in a promo for MSNBC that "we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.

"We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we've always had a private notion of children; your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven't had a very collective notion of these are our children," Harris-Perry opined.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/040913-651296-msnbc-host-says-children-belong-to-state.htm#ixzz3fhgOWgRL

Well, those behind such a law do want life to be simple. They want us all belonging to the Govt, and not the parents who brought us into the world.

An MSNBC contributor revisits the statist notion that while you gave birth to your children and feed and clothe them, they are only on loan to you by their true parent — a benevolent and all-knowing government.

Melissa Harris-Perry, an African-American professor at Tulane, has endorsed the concept of human ownership by the state, something we thought history would teach her is a bad thing, saying in a promo for MSNBC that "we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.

"We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we've always had a private notion of children; your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven't had a very collective notion of these are our children," Harris-Perry opined.

http://news.investor...m#ixzz3fhgOWgRL

Not everything is as politically motivated as you pretend or, believe. In some ways, you are the most Nixonian person I have ever encountered. Every issue, every person, is NOT hyper-political. The hyper-political left, and right, do more to distort the political, social, economic narrative than, meaningfully contribute to it.

Where does all that come from? :dunno:

Surely not the OP?

Must be comforting to be SO simple minded.......

Surely not the OP?

I think that his is a valid concern when you take the law at what it says. When you pair that with laws that would allow minors to obtain abortions in some states, to get certain forms of contraception or Plan B drugs, etc. all without any parental involvement whatsoever, it begins to take on the outlines of a notion that the state knows better how to handle major decisions for your children than you do. That the state should get to make the call on major life altering decisions that your child wishes to make not only without your permission, but without even you having a chance to give your input.

You can say that you don't think it will likely play out that way or that the situations are rare or whatever, but that isn't what the law actually says. There's no provision there for the parents to exercise their rightful place in a minor child's life on this.

If the state can take the parent out of the decision for surgery, they can eliminate them totally from the Abortion/Birth Control Debate.

This is going to bite someone back in the butt one day and then the whining will start in earnest.

Surely not the OP?

Exactly from the OP. Broaden your mind, homer. This is how folks are thinking when they make such laws.

It is pretty silly when you think of it in certain ways.

They are not deemed mature enough to buy Straight Outta Compton, but can undergo this procedure.

Not deemed mature or smart enough to vote, decide if they want to smoke or drink, or serve in the military.

Not deemed mature enough to decide if they want a tattoo.

You would also hope for those few that Homer were talking about with the actual problems, that their parents would be supportive.

I could see this causing lot's of problems for people in Oregon.

You left out that the authorities cant even give an aspirin out to these kids, but the kids can request, and get for free a whole treatment regimen by simply asking. I certainly hope there is no aspirin involved... :lmao:

Not everything is as politically motivated as you pretend or, believe. In some ways, you are the most Nixonian person I have ever encountered. Every issue, every person, is NOT hyper-political. The hyper-political left, and right, do more to distort the political, social, economic narrative than, meaningfully contribute to it.

Cutting someone's junk off isnt hyper-political? What exactly is your standard if it doesnt include mutilation of a minor's sexual organs?

Archived