FSU RB Delvin Cook wanted for battery

JFDTiger80

@Mark_Schlabach: #FSU president John E. Thrasher asked Jimbo Fisher to meet with his team immediately, and others, including Willie Meggs, will speak to them

He had to be told this by the AD? I'm sure Jimbo will take care of everything.......Bah Ha ha ha!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man...as much as I want to slander FSU, we offered this guy out of HS.

But I still will anyways. Lol Jameis got away with w/e he wanted so now the rest of the team is going to think they can also. Glad to be watching that program start to crumble from all the way over here.

We are recruiting the same guys from the same "pot" as FSU and other schools with these kinds of problems.....and sooner or later it's going to happen here too.

Some schools like FSU and Bama apparently located in bigger cities have more opportunity for their guys to get in trouble at bars and night spots..

I'm just sayin' that our day is going to come .....so IMO folks are making a mistake showing some glee at FSU's problems right now. It's happening at other schools too....not just an FSU issue.

You're absolutely correct. We've had our share of idiots also, but in the current climate violence against women is on top of the "no-no" list. Hopefully our guys stick to robberies LOL :slapfh:/>

This isn't and individual problem. This is a FSU culture problem. "We are football players... We can buy you in two years..." This is a bi-product of recruiting and the system at FSU. Many of us don't want to believe it but under Chizik, this too was our culture.

Re Chizik....sorry but he has only been gone 2 years and frankly I don't know what our culture is under Gus since he helped recruit some of those guys who had problems here when Chiz was the HC. Wont' name the names but most of us know who they are/were....and how many disciplinary issues were there last year that resulted in suspensions? Not any biggies as far as we know but enough issues to let most of know that we are not immune.

Anyone who thinks this is just an FSU culture issue is dreaming IMO. It's a college football athletics issue......and FSU is just the most recent school with problems...and how long ago was it that LSU was the school...or Missouri or Oklahoma?

No doubt. I agree that its best to approach these stories with caution. No one is immune.

How long ago was it when we won the dreaded trophy? Everyone wanted those players, too. I don't get happy when kids do stupid stuff. They do it at Auburn, too.

How long ago was it when we won the dreaded trophy? Everyone wanted those players, too. I don't get happy when kids do stupid stuff. They do it at Auburn, too.

Huh?

The Fulmer Cup@TheFulmerCup Jul 5

June FC Top11: Auburn (44), IU (29), LSU (25), So. Miss (20), ASU (16), GA So. (15), WVU (15), Temple (14), Bama (12), I.State/Clemson(10)

We're there.

I was thinking Johnson was kicked off the team not just suspended. Do you suppose the star tuning back will see the field again or get the same punishment?

Johnson was suspended first. Once the video was out he was dismissed

@JimHenryTALLY: Word is FSU coach Jimbo Fisher met with his team earlier today. Laid down the law; bars off limits to players. Moving forward with...

@JimHenryTALLY: bring in professionals, as President Thrasher indicated in statement yesterday, to meet with players. Proactive as promised.

Because it's the bars' fault some people are violent and feel entitled...

No.....but since bars do sell alcohol and drinking often makes people become violent it's not a bad idea to ban them. Bars are just not a good atmosphere for those with a nature that's already aggressive. Booze has a way of unleashing the demons and impairing judgement, and bars are just full of drama anyway. I agree that those young men with so much to lose should just stay away. Too many of them are immature and undisciplined, and can't keep themselves out of trouble. It certainly won't do them any harm to stay out of bars.

@JimHenryTALLY: Word is FSU coach Jimbo Fisher met with his team earlier today. Laid down the law; bars off limits to players. Moving forward with...

@JimHenryTALLY: bring in professionals, as President Thrasher indicated in statement yesterday, to meet with players. Proactive as promised.

Yes, I am sure they will stay out of bars and this will do it. Good job Jimbo.

No.....but since bars do sell alcohol and drinking often makes people become violent it's not a bad idea to ban them. Bars are just not a good atmosphere for those with a nature that's already aggressive. Booze has a way of unleashing the demons and impairing judgement, and bars are just full of drama anyway. I agree that those young men with so much to lose should just stay away. Too many of them are immature and undisciplined, and can't keep themselves out of trouble. It certainly won't do them any harm to stay out of bars.

It won't hurt to stay out of bars, but that does nothing about house parties, consensual relationships, and the mindset in general. This doesn't all fall back on the college by any means. However, the rate that this is happening at Florida State does speak to the kind of leadership and acceptance of an issue that far surpasses alcohol and it being a depressant and thought inhibitor. Maybe the alcohol leads to them showing their aggression publicly, but until the thought process changes, nothing will progress or change.

I know that we see this in the same light because we've talked on these boards since Auburn Eagle. My first statement was just pointing out the fact that the situation they are in is not what leads to their action. An entitled mindset leads to their actions.

This one would hurt them football wise. They are all cowards for beating women.

Guest WarEagleSteve

It won't hurt to stay out of bars, but that does nothing about house parties, consensual relationships, and the mindset in general. This doesn't all fall back on the college by any means. However, the rate that this is happening at Florida State does speak to the kind of leadership and acceptance of an issue that far surpasses alcohol and it being a depressant and thought inhibitor. Maybe the alcohol leads to them showing their aggression publicly, but until the thought process changes, nothing will progress or change.

I know that we see this in the same light because we've talked on these boards since Auburn Eagle. My first statement was just pointing out the fact that the situation they are in is not what leads to their action. An entitled mindset leads to their actions.

Pretty much this. I remember reading some of the faculty and staff accounts of their encounters with FSU football players over the past few decades when the whole Jameis Winston thing broke. This is not a recent pattern of behavior. There is absolutely a culture of coddling and entitlement within the FSU football program. I'm sure many other schools have similar problems but FSU is currently the most visible. The recruiting arms race has led to coaches and programs being more and more willing to shield players from the consequences of their actions. Coaches don't want to come down hard or hold kids to a standard because they know that if they do, they'll just go somewhere else. Coaches like Jimbo Fisher and others are absolutely willing to discard their integrity and coddle these kids in order to build their own and their schools' brands. Not to mention the fact that the current college football system and culture ensures that coaches won't get fired for the behavior of their players. There's no incentive for the coaches to ensure their players behave.

Only 30% of your players' graduate? Don't sweat it.

Your program has 10 kids arrested every year for everything from robbery to rape? No problem.

What's that? Most of your players graduated and no one got arrested? Too bad, you lost 6 games this year. Pack your stuff.

Until college football starts incentivizing academics and player behavior as much as it does winning, you're going to have programs like FSU. We complain about the "win at all costs" mentality at schools like Alabama and FSU and UGA (and sometimes Auburn) but right now, there is absolutely no reason for any sane coach to behave otherwise.

Then there was this

FSU’s Dalvin Cook cited for chaining dogs together, leaving two choking in 2014. (via @Andy_Staples) http://t.co/Op0pPasmK6

Hits keep on coming. Human garbage. I hope the worst for this clown.

From what I'm hearing from FSU people, they think he's going to make it through all this no problem. They have cited the affidavit as the reason he gets out of this, other than there being no video evidence I don't get it because all 3 players have different stories.

Jimbo had to be told by the univerity president to meet with his players and put them on restriction from bars...........Jimbo has the spine of a jellyfish in both is personal and professional life. :-\

Not attacking you here, but are you saying if the university president told him to do something he's spineless for carrying out orders?

Not attacking you here, but are you saying if the university president told him to do something he's spineless for carrying out orders?

He's spineless because he didn't call the meeting himself and had to be told to do so.

Jimbo had to be told by the AD and Pres to sit the rapist Winston. You remember the game Winston was on the sidelines the entire time?

He's spineless because he didn't call the meeting himself and had to be told to do so.

This

It was painfully obvious last year the Jimbo has no moral compass and "seems" to not have a problem with the off-the-field actions of his players. He had to be told by the university president to meet with his players and restrict them from going to bars? Did it never cross his mind, in light of the recent trouble that he might need to show some discipline and lay the law down to "his" players?

OK gotcha. Agreed that he seems to just let this BS slide. It kind of reminds me of when Chizik had to hire a security staff for the players to essentially babysit them when they were away from the football facility because he couldn't keep them in line himself.

Well not really "himself" but the ultimate responsibility is his.

Archived