Open Carry Texas. Will They Respect Others Rules

Texan4Auburn

Literally just left out of a restaurant in Athens AL called dub's burgers. I ordered my food to go and while I was sitting texting on my phone a man maybe 5'3" on a good day with a crazy mustache walks out with a pistol on his side and just stares at me. He then gets into his pick up that has a huge confederate flag on the back. He backs it stops in front of me but he's driving in the parking lot and stares at me again then burns rubber and speeds off.....I really have to get a gun man

Lol. One it's Athens. Two: Dub's is greasy but damn good.

dubs grease will kill you if the redneck don't!

You need to come during the handy festival. But yeah stagg's burgers, Bunyan's bbq, Ricatoni's Italian restaurant are DEFINITELY must haves. Hit me up if you're ever in town and I'll show you around

Hell ya. I'd be for it. I'll buy you lunch.

Literally just left out of a restaurant in Athens AL called dub's burgers. I ordered my food to go and while I was sitting texting on my phone a man maybe 5'3" on a good day with a crazy mustache walks out with a pistol on his side and just stares at me. He then gets into his pick up that has a huge confederate flag on the back. He backs it stops in front of me but he's driving in the parking lot and stares at me again then burns rubber and speeds off.....I really have to get a gun man

Profanity warning.

I always carry concealed. Never really saw the appeal in open carrying for a number of reasons. But the laws governing carrying are a little screwed up. It creates this legal bizarro world where I- a CC permit holder having gone through a more stringent background check- am held to a more restrictive legal standard than some random bloke like Kory Watkins. If the tail of the shirt I'm wearing is a little short and it rides up revealing my pistol, I'm technically breaking the law, whereas someone with no permit is not.

And as to the original topic, the only logical response to a business that bans open carry on their property is to respect their right to make such decisions, and possibly exercise your own right to take your business elsewhere.

The people were nice to me in there but when I walked in it looked like I had walked into the 50's...Lol. Everybody started looking at me and in my head I was thinking was this a set up lol

Sort of on-topic, and funny: I'm reading the biography of Johnny Cash, by Robert Hilburn. The book tells of Cash and his band members getting bored while on the road. Sometimes they'd load pistols with blanks and have mock shootouts in hotel lobbies just to watch people scatter. I don't think society would find that very funny there days. *Sigh*, our nation has lost its sense of humor!

The people were nice to me in there but when I walked in it looked like I had walked into the 50's...Lol. Everybody started looking at me and in my head I was thinking was this a set up lol

There must be some mistake Cole, you couldn't of wanted to eat at Dubs:

There must be some mistake Cole, you couldn't of wanted to eat at Dubs:

dubs is good but it would kill you if you ate it too often. At least it would me. I just wish they would clean the place up. Not sure how it passes health department ratings. But two or three times a years I indulge.

Archived