Frost: Carl Lawson looks 'even better' than before ACL tear

RunInRed

"From me seeing him run around, it looks like he's even better (than before the injury)," linebacker Kris Frost said at SEC Media Days on Monday. "That guy, the amount that he works on and off the field is amazing. His work ethic really just propels everyone else forward and allows everyone really to get a feel for what they want to be."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/07/carl_lawson_looks_even_better_acl_sec_media_days.html

Carl has worked really hard. Adrian Peterson made some unrealistic expectations after this surgery. I truly believe Carl has that kind of talent and drive. Can't wait to see him this year.

I also want to point out that Kozan is going to be the difference maker on the line this year in my opinion. I know that's not the topic, just thought that this was the best fit.

I assume that all indications are that he is fully recovered and ready for contact? (I don't remember how much contact he got in spring ball)

I also want to point out that Kozan is going to be the difference maker on the line this year in my opinion. I know that's not the topic, just thought that this was the best fit.

I assume that all indications are that he is fully recovered and ready for contact? (I don't remember how much contact he got in spring ball)

Not PTB, but green light for both Kozan and Carl.

When I blew out my pcl in '03 I read an Australian study that more than half of ruptured (total tear) acl repairs in power athletes under age 25 (I believe they studied rugby players) functioned over 100% of pre injury battery tests within 3 years of injury. Amazing!

When I blew out my pcl in '03 I read an Australian study that more than half of ruptured (total tear) acl repairs in power athletes under age 25 (I believe they studied rugby players) functioned over 100% of pre injury battery tests within 3 years of injury. Amazing!

i couldn't help but read this as if it was an advertisement for the knee injury repair field ... I was waiting for the next paragraph to tell me who to call or where I could get something!

Not PTB, but green light for both Kozan and Carl.

Agreed. Exciting!

i couldn't help but read this as if it was an advertisement for the knee injury repair field ... I was waiting for the next paragraph to tell me who to call or where I could get something!

I can see this. We are taught to build our big outside muscles and while doing that we neglect our inside core muscles. When you do PT they need to build the foundation by doing so they awaken and teach you to work and build your smaller core muscles that are just as important if not important for strength and agility as your big outside muscles. Every program in the US should employ a Pilates routine for their athletes, they should also employ needling to release the built up tension in our muscles. This creates balance across the body and improved strength and speed. So if Carl followed his PTs advice I am betting his core is phenomenal, his knees are not caught between the hips and ankles any more and have a better range of motion and balance. This is not an endorsement just something I have learned recently and fits in nicely with the report provided.

I completely tore my ACL and after physical therapy I was much stronger than before. That was almost 15 years ago. My surgically repaired knee is still stronger than my normal knee. God, I'm getting old.

Archived