Next...How Scott Walker just went off the reality radar screen...

DKW 86

http://www.jsonline....-314749221.html

Four years later: our graduation rates are up, third grade reading scores are higher and Wisconsin's ACT scores are now second best in the country. :thumbsup:

I realize my brother David and I didn't inherit fame and fortune from our family. What we got was the belief that if you work hard and play by the rules, you can do and be anything you want. That's the American Dream. And that is worth fighting for. :thumbsup:

And then, we need to lower the burden on hard-working taxpayers to improve take-home pay. And we need tax levels that are competitive for job creators to bring jobs back from overseas to put more of our fellow Americans back to work. :thumbsdown:

Years ago, we saw this kind of plan work well under President Ronald Reagan. Back then, it was called the Laffer Curve. Today, I call it the Kohl's Curve because I believe that you can spend your own money far better than the government — and that will help grow the economy. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: It is not 1980...

I see Walker just going to the braindead repeating of Conservatives of 30+ years ago. We are not in 1980. We are nowhere close to that state in time.

All thumbs up to me. I don't see how any sensible person can think the govt spends the people's $ better than the people.

I think you've fallen into the group think of dissing Reagan that the Left wanted.

All thumbs up to me. I don't see how any sensible person can think the govt spends the people's $ better than the people.

I think you've fallen into the group think of dissing Reagan that the Left wanted.

Not at all. RR was perfect for that place in time. He had THE answer for 1980. We are not in 1980 tho. the tax rates are nowhere near what they were then.

RR also advocated for a balanced budget. I am clinging to that idea too. Balance the Budget and watch the economy soar again. We need taxes high enough ON EVERYONE to balance the budgets, but we also need to cut any waste and fraud where we can do that.

Not at all. RR was perfect for that place in time. He had THE answer for 1980. We are not in 1980 tho. the tax rates are nowhere near what they were then.

RR also advocated for a balanced budget. I am clinging to that idea too. Balance the Budget and watch the economy soar again. We need taxes high enough ON EVERYONE to balance the budgets, but we also need to cut any waste and fraud where we can do that.

Waste and fraud are so well-entrenched, and beneficial to both parties, that the only thing that will cut them effectively is a top-down cleansing. That cleansing is not likely to happen.

Nothing that Scott Walker said was a negative. I don't understand the thumb down emoticons with the casual reference to Reagan. Again I think you're just falling into the trap that anything is Reagan related is bad and outdated

Waste and fraud are so well-entrenched, and beneficial to both parties, that the only thing that will cut them effectively is a top-down cleansing. That cleansing is not likely to happen.

I agree! Mr. Walker won't be getting my vote.....same old same old.

Also, per Reagan, go back to speeches in the 1960s. They are as valid then as they are today as they are in the 1980s. Trying to paint Reagan as outdated is about as ridiculous as saying the Constitution should be thrown away because it was done in 1700's.

I'm not saying I'm voting for Walker, but I certainly do approve of his message.

SSSSSHHHHHH i was being Pollyanna-ish and knew it. There is no way DC can cut one jot, tittle, or iota of greed. It just wont happen.

RR's policies do not fit this economic climate. There is no "One Size Fits All Situations" economics out there. We had incredibly high taxes thanks to Carter. We do not have them now. We have to support the tax base to end the deficit spending. We should be modestly increasing the taxes on the wealthy and all stakeholders.

Archived