Landmark deal reached on Iran nuclear program

autigeremt

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so mind boggling bad it escapes words. It will go down as the most tragic deal ever made in terms in terms of reshaping the world's power structure. Unfortunately King Obama and the pitiful John Kerry won't be in office when the crap really hits the fan.

Putin approves. He is laughing his ass off.

$$$$$$$$$

Arms sales just got a boost.

We have a deal. It's a deal worse than even we imagined possible. It's a deal that gives the Iranian regime $140b in return for ... effectively nothing: no dismantlement of Iran's nuclear program, no anytime/anywhere inspections, no curbs on Iran's ballistic missile program, no maintenance of the arms embargo, no halt to Iran's sponsorship of terror.
Link

Iran got something for nothing.

What did the U.S. get ?

Citizens being held by Iran ? Nope

Human rights advances concerning women or gays ? Nope

A stop by Iran in supporting terrorism in the region ?

Nope

Putin approves. He is laughing his ass off.

$$$$$$$$$

Arms sales just got a boost.

I'm not sure weapons sales in the region require any help at the moment.

What happens to the price of oil? It is interesting to look at a two year chart of supply and demand. I wonder if Iran will "flood the market".

We have a deal. It's a deal worse than even we imagined possible. It's a deal that gives the Iranian regime $140b in return for ... effectively nothing: no dismantlement of Iran's nuclear program, no anytime/anywhere inspections, no curbs on Iran's ballistic missile program, no maintenance of the arms embargo, no halt to Iran's sponsorship of terror.
Link

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33518524

Mr Obama, who is trying to persuade a sceptical US Congress of the benefits, said it would oblige Iran to:
  • remove two-thirds of installed centrifuges and store them under international supervision
  • get rid of 98% of its enriched uranium
  • accept that sanctions would be rapidly restored if the deal was violated
  • permanently give the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) access "where necessary when necessary"

Sanctions relief would be gradual, Mr Obama said, with an arms embargo remaining in place for five years and an embargo on missiles for eight years.

Obama assures us it is a good deal for everyone. Of course he said the said the same thing about Obamacare and his long string of lies puts his credibility at zero.

"The interim deal has worked better than I thought it would, so hats off to John Kerry," Graham said Sunday on CNN's State of the Union, giving a hat tip to the secretary of state.

Time will tell if this deal is good or not but recent history is not on the side of the "good" guys. I expect nuclear proliferation in the region to begin very soon.

The same is true for the Iran deal, announced Tuesday between Iran and six world powers. As Congress begins debating the agreement, its opponents have three real alternatives. The first is to kill the deal, and the interim agreement that preceded it, and do nothing else, which means few restraints on Iran’s nuclear program. The second is war. But top American and Israeli officials have warned that military action against Iranian nuclear facilities could ignite a catastrophic regional conflict and would be ineffective, if not counterproductive, in delaying Iran’s path to the bomb. Meir Dagan, who oversaw the Iran file as head of Israel’s external spy agency, the Mossad, from 2002 to 2011, has said an attack “would mean regional war, and in that case you would have given Iran the best possible reason to continue the nuclear program.” Michael Hayden, who ran the CIA under George W. Bush from 2006 to 2009, has warned that an attack would “guarantee that which we are trying to prevent: an Iran that will spare nothing to build a nuclear weapon.”

Implicitly acknowledging this, most critics of the Iran deal propose a third alternative: increase sanctions in hopes of forcing Iran to make further concessions. But in the short term, the third alternative looks a lot like the first. Whatever its deficiencies, the Iran deal places limits on Iran’s nuclear program and enhances oversight of it. Walk away from the agreement in hopes of getting tougher restrictions and you’re guaranteeing, at least for the time being, that there are barely any restrictions on the program at all. http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/07/iran-nuclear-deal-obama/398450/

The "best" thing that could happen, from a pure "spectator" point of view...is for Iran to attack ISIS head on and start a huge "Civil War". I don't like suggesting such a thing but from a purely strategic point of view.......

The "best" thing that could happen, from a pure "spectator" point of view...is for Iran to attack ISIS head on and start a huge "Civil War". I don't like suggesting such a thing but from a purely strategic point of view.......

Not a pleasant thought but, I think you are on to something. This region has been avoiding war for a long time. Perhaps, it is the only way that, the Sunnis, the Shia, the Iranians, and the Saudi's will ever realize the true threat, and common threat, is the extremists? Perhaps, it is the only way to end the duplicity and convenience of blaming the other sect, the Americans, the Israelis, simply to appease your own radicals.

Obama has united a nation !

Jerusalem: A chorus of fury and fear erupted from Israel's leaders at news that Iran and six world powers had closed a deal that would allow Iran to retain a nuclear program.'

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has warned for a dozen years that Iran was just around the corner from developing a nuclear weapon, blasted the agreement as a "historical error". He warned that in 10 years, the West would regret its willingness to trust Iran to limit its nuclear ambitions.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/israels-leaders-react-with-fury-to-iran-nuclear-deal-20150714-gicelo.html#ixzz3fu23m000

Against him.

Congrats !

150714-al-quds_day_in_tehran-0341_4e7c006105bf226258410ecef49bbd93.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

Iran. July 10 , 2015.

Iranians dance in streets, thank Rouhani for nuclear deal

DUBAI/BEIRUT Young Iranian men and women danced in streets in parts of Tehran and motorists honked car horns to cheer an historic nuclear accord with world powers they hope will end years of economic sanctions and decades of international isolation.

Prepare to defend yourself Israel.

With American military equipment.

I swear people here are going bat sh.t crazy.

Much like powerful Iranians....but I digress...... ;)

Not a pleasant thought but, I think you are on to something. This region has been avoiding war for a long time. Perhaps, it is the only way that, the Sunnis, the Shia, the Iranians, and the Saudi's will ever realize the true threat, and common threat, is the extremists? Perhaps, it is the only way to end the duplicity and convenience of blaming the other sect, the Americans, the Israelis, simply to appease your own radicals.

I "sense" this would be the best move in the long run. Short term.....NASTY!

Obama has united a nation !

Jerusalem: A chorus of fury and fear erupted from Israel's leaders at news that Iran and six world powers had closed a deal that would allow Iran to retain a nuclear program.'

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has warned for a dozen years that Iran was just around the corner from developing a nuclear weapon, blasted the agreement as a "historical error". He warned that in 10 years, the West would regret its willingness to trust Iran to limit its nuclear ambitions.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz3fu23m000

Against him.

Congrats !

150714-al-quds_day_in_tehran-0341_4e7c006105bf226258410ecef49bbd93.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

Iran. July 10 , 2015.

Iranians dance in streets, thank Rouhani for nuclear deal

DUBAI/BEIRUT Young Iranian men and women danced in streets in parts of Tehran and motorists honked car horns to cheer an historic nuclear accord with world powers they hope will end years of economic sanctions and decades of international isolation.

That picture is from July 10. Iranians are celebrating al Quds day. Calling bat sh.t crazy DKW to harrass you to no end...

Leading opposition Knesset Member Eitan Cabel of the Zionist Union party gave an unexpected endorsement of Prime Minister Netanyahu on Thursday, saying that he stood behind the Prime Minister over the “extremely worrisome” nuclear framework agreement with Iran.

Cabel wrote on his Facebook page that he “refuse to join the flock of followers applauding the nuclear deal with Iran,” saying that the deal worried him so much, that it gave him insomnia.

The MK also criticized the United States in his post, for its continuous and multiple concessions to Iran on the road to obtaining a deal, saying, “When an extremist clerical regime gets – with a proven record of terror and cheating – gets permission to come within reach of a nuclear bomb, I am very concerned.”

What a nut job !

Archived