Landmark deal reached on Iran nuclear program

autigeremt

Prepare to defend yourself Israel.

Make no mistake. Israel Will, if forced, take out Iran nuke program. Hope that is not required...

It continues to bewilder me that the thought of a strong, prosperous nation nuclearly armed to the hilt having to defend itself is trotted out as some sort of doomsday scenario.

Do you think Iran would hesitate to nuke Israel? Really?

I think they would be obliterated in short order if they did.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make no mistake. Israel Will, if forced, take out Iran nuke program. Hope that is not required...

It continues to bewilder me that the thought of a strong, prosperous nation nuclearly armed to the hilt having to defend itself is trotted out as some sort of doomsday scenario.

I may disagree with basically everything the theocracy of Iran stands for, but I do not consider the country to be led or populated by fools. Iran developing a nuclear weapon and then deploying it against Israel would be the equivalent of national suicide. If nuking Israel was their actual goal, they could have easily achieved (or attempted) it by now. Iran is led by people I consider to be more sane and stable than the Kim's of North Korea, and even they are smart enough to have not attempted to nuke South Korea.

All the same things were said about the deal with Korea. The progressives said not to worry. Now they try to ignore the Korea deal gone bad and try like heck to spin a terrible deal with iran.

Moving along to Iran, why is this deal terrible exactly?

Because...Obama!

He's a big part of it no doubt. :)

This is what a flat out idiot & clueless narcissist in chief looks like, America.

Unfrakingbelievable.

ETA - Listened to the Agitator in Chief's presser today. Not only is this punk of a President a flat out liar, he can't even take the hint of criticism. He lays out, time and time again, a false narrative of " It was this deal, or war ", and then mocks and insults anyone who disagrees w/ him by saying they're prefer war to peace.

F him.

He later nearly started to cry , he was so angry, when some CBS reporter ( last time for him ) dared to ask about the 4 US hostages being held in Iran. THE least Presidential response imaginable, but then we are talking about a mental midget in Obama.

then....72 virgins for all!!!

All the same things were said about the deal with Korea. The progressives said not to worry. Now they try to ignore the Korea deal gone bad and try like heck to spin a terrible deal with iran.

Are you trying to say that since a previous arms control with N. Korea failed we shouldn't try for a deal with Iran?

What was the purpose of the sanctions if not to get an agreement? I don't see the logic of your post.

This is what a flat out idiot & clueless narcissist in chief looks like, America.

Unfrakingbelievable

Gee. Raptor had rather talk about Obama than the treaty.

Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

Unfrakingbelievable

It's OBAMA'S agreement ( don't call it a treaty ) , genius. And did you listen to the press conference ? Yes or No.

Unfrakingbelievable

It's OBAMA'S agreement ( don't call it a treaty ) , genius. And did you listen to the press conference ? Yes or No.

Gee, I slipped up and made the technical error of calling it a treaty. What a total fool I am.

As far as the press conference, mostly no. I caught only the end of it.

Was there something in particular said at the press conference you'd like to discuss? I am of course, not even close to you intellectually, but I will do the best I can.

Unfrakingbelievable

Gee, I slipped up and made the technical error of calling it a treaty. What a total fool I am.

Was there something in particular said at the press conference you'd like to discuss? I am of course, not even close to you intellectually, but I will do the best I can.

The first you will need to accept is that this agreement is all Obama; France, China, Russia, the UK, and Germany were there simply for the free coffee and food.

Bingo! Israel itself has enough nukes to destroy Tehran and most large cities in Iran, without needing any western involvement. Iran is highly unlikely to be capable of taking out all of Israel's nukes in a first strike. Iranian leaders know this.

M.A.D., Mutually Assured Destruction, worked as a deterrent in the Cold War. I see know reason why it wouldn't work now. (And don't give me "But those crazy Muslims think nothing of suicide attacks". Yes, extreme individuals have committed suicide bombings, but when was the last time you saw the leader of a terrorist organization or sovereign nation give their life in this manner? You don't get to be a leader by engaging in such things or by betting the survival of your organization/country on such things. I do not believe the leaders of Iran want to sacrifice their entire nation and its population in a nuclear war they can't possibly win.)

And where is the fallout of such an attack on Israel likely to land? Nearby Muslim nations, perhaps Iran itself, perhaps even Mecca. Israel and the West are not the only ones that would be affected by nuking Israel. I realize that Iran is mostly Shia while most of Israel's neighbor are Sunnis, but I still don't think Iran wants to anger Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Egypt, ISIS, Hamas, or Hezbollah, by showering them with radioactive fallout. And if the fallout drifted south, to Mecca? Despotic though they may be, the Iranian leadership is not likely to want to go down in history as the ones who poisoned the birthplace of the Prophet and site of the Kaaba.

The first you will need to accept is that this agreement is all Obama; France, China, Russia, the UK, and Germany were there simply for the free coffee and food.

Obama sees it that way. The other nations were there because they look to benefit financially from trading with Iran. Only Kerry was there for free coffee and dainties.

Bingo! Israel itself has enough nukes to destroy Tehran and most large cities in Iran, without needing any western involvement. Iran is highly unlikely to be capable of taking out all of Israel's nukes in a first strike. Iranian leaders know this.

M.A.D., Mutually Assured Destruction, worked as a deterrent in the Cold War. I see know reason why it wouldn't work now. (And don't give me "But those crazy Muslims think nothing of suicide attacks". Yes, extreme individuals have committed suicide bombings, but when was the last time you saw the leader of a terrorist organization or sovereign nation give their life in this manner? You don't get to be a leader by engaging in such things or by betting the survival of your organization/country on such things. I do not believe the leaders of Iran want to sacrifice their entire nation and its population in a nuclear war they can't possibly win.)

And where is the fallout of such an attack on Israel likely to land? Nearby Muslim nations, perhaps Iran itself, perhaps even Mecca. Israel and the West are not the only ones that would be affected by nuking Israel. I realize that Iran is mostly Shia while most of Israel's neighbor are Sunnis, but I still don't think Iran wants to anger Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Egypt, ISIS, Hamas, or Hezbollah, by showering them with radioactive fallout. And if the fallout drifted south, to Mecca? Despotic though they may be, the Iranian leadership is not likely to want to go down in history as the ones who poisoned the birthplace of the Prophet and site of the Kaaba.

Let's not forget about the SSBN patrolling the area to finish the job.

Aside from the fact that Obama lied , multiple times, he had 2 real big faux pas.

1. He paints a false choice of " it's either my way or WAR ! " . Complete rubbish.

2. He chides Major Garrett from CBS for the audacity of asking about the 4 US hostages. And despite all of Obama's posturing and monologuing, the fact of the matter is the 4 Americans are still there. He gave and gave and gave, and we got exactly NOTHING in return.

No limits on Iran's ability to aid terrorist groups in the region, which they've been doing for decades. No return of hostages. Not 1 damn thing.

Obama sees it that way. The other nations were there because they look to benefit financially from trading with Iran. Only Kerry was there for free coffee and dainties.

Wow. I am learning so much about this agreement!

Thanks to everyone for their contributions!

Aside from the fact that Obama lied , multiple times, he had 2 real big faux pas.

1. He paints a false choice of " it's either my way or WAR ! " . Complete rubbish.

2. He chides Major Garrett from CBS for the audacity of asking about the 4 US hostages. And despite all of Obama's posturing and monologuing, the fact of the matter is the 4 Americans are still there. He gave and gave and gave, and we got exactly NOTHING in return.

No limits on Iran's ability to aid terrorist groups in the region, which they've been doing for decades. No return of hostages. Not 1 damn thing.

Well, except for the one thing the negotiations were actually held for. <_<

Have you ever in your life been on a negotiations team? Based on this statement, I'm thinking no.

No U.S. negotiation team should leave four Americans behind. We could have swapped Bergdahl.

Bergdahl wasnt in Iran and Bergdahl was a POW...

No U.S. negotiation team should leave four Americans behind. We could have swapped Bergdahl.

Bergdahl wasnt in Iran..

Exactly. Why would Iran even want Bergdahl? What good is he to them? :gofig:

Let's not forget about the SSBN patrolling the area to finish the job.

You led me to google Israeli SSBN's: http://www.realclear...y_107381.html News to me, thanks for the tip!

This article is nearly a year old. Anyone want to bet on where those subs are now and how they're armed?

Well, except for the one thing the negotiations were actually held for. <_</>

LOL

Well, except for the one thing the negotiations were actually held for. <_</>

LOL

Archived