Planned Parenthood sells baby parts on the black market and most Americans don't care...

MDM4AU

...or they haven't the guts to speak up about it.

Yes, this is a slanted editorial. Just to get that out of the way.

Now, this is a topic I am pretty passionate about. I don't agree with this guy on every point and syllable he writes but I am very "anti-Planned Parenthood" and their funding and he pretty much spells it out perfectly why, here.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/planned-parenthood-sells-dead-baby-parts-and-that-shouldnt-shock-you-at-all/

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OUR tax $$$$$ at work !!!! Disgrace...........

Well it needs to be investigated. According to Planned Parenthood these video's are heavily edited.

The organization seems shady:

Registered as a 501 organization in 2013, the Center for Medical Progress has two videos published to its YouTube account. Both videos were uploaded Tuesday and contain footage of the alleged Planned Parenthood doctor. The center also has a hastily built website that contains many broken links and posts that only date back to July 6.

http://www.ibtimes.com/planned-parenthood-accused-viral-video-selling-fetal-parts-right-wing-activists-group-2008166

The Center for Medical Progress bills itself as a “group of citizen journalists dedicated to monitoring ... medical ethics”. The undercover video of the Planned Parenthood doctor appears to be the organization’s only publication.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/14/planned-parenthood-fetal-body-parts-undercover-video

Well it needs to be investigated. According to Planned Parenthood these video's are heavily edited.

Registered as a 501 organization in 2013, the Center for Medical Progress has two videos published to its YouTube account. Both videos were uploaded Tuesday and contain footage of the alleged Planned Parenthood doctor. The center also has a hastily built website that contains many broken links and posts that only date back to July 6.

http://www.ibtimes.c...s-group-2008166

The Center for Medical Progress bills itself as a “group of citizen journalists dedicated to monitoring ... medical ethics”. The undercover video of the Planned Parenthood doctor appears to be the organization’s only publication.

http://www.theguardi...ndercover-video

Doctored or not, answer the question. Does PP or do they not profit from selling baby parts?

every video is " heavily edited ". It's simply how things are done. Doesn't mean that the content has been distorted or misrepresented.

Doctored or not, answer the question. Does PP or do they not profit from selling baby parts?

Doesn't seem to be the case.

That is the question I want answered from a legitimate group and legitimate investigation. So I am unable to answer yes or no.

I have zero problems burning them and letting them rot if they do.

Why on black market?

It's not a life right? So who cares what they do with it, eat the parts if ya want.

There are laws about what can be done with human remains. Unless the parent signed a release for the body to be used for medical research or transplant, they would be in legal trouble.

remember alistair cooke? after he died the undertakers removed his leg bones and sold them to a company that treats the bone tissue used in bone surgeries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1506150/Alistair-Cookes-bones-stolen-by-transplant-gang.html

The website where this video was posted has added the full unexpurgated version of the videos that make up the clip that made the rounds yesterday to answer allegations of things being taken out of context.

Some good commentary to explain exactly what the problem is here (besides it just being macabre):

The issue in the video is not that there is money involved in the preparation and transportation. Rather, the way in which the conversation goes makes it appear that several ethical, and maybe legal, rules are being violated. The senior director of Planned Parenthood is careful to say that Federal law prohibits the selling of body parts. Yet, given that she is setting a price per part, legally that appears to violate the law. Had she stated a price per shipment, that may contain one or more body parts, then that would have been fully legal. But, she is obviously trying to skirt the law, particularly when she speaks nervously about how it is all in how you interpret the law. If I were a prosecutor, I would start there.

But, medical bioethicists also would have questions about what transpires later in the conversation. Dr. Nucatola goes on to speak about their experience in using forceps in such a way as to not crush hearts, lungs, pelvises, or whatever body part it is that is wanted. To my great dismay, she even goes on to speak about how the baby can be turned to that a breech birth is what happens. Let me ask at this point, how many of you have read stories from other centuries in which a breech birth is to be avoided if at all possible? Breech births are more dangerous than head first births. But, let’s go on.

Dr. Nucatola also admits that a woman undergoing an abortion often does not dilate as far as a woman with a regular births. So, she even touts the breech technique as being more likely to get the woman to dilate a little more so that they can provide an intact head to those who wish one. In other words, the techniques are not being performed for the good and safety of the patient, but rather for the good and profit of the local Planned Parenthood involved. And, it is here that I wish those who are pro-choice to pay special attention. The rule, since Hippocrates, is to do no harm. Over the centuries that has come to include that you should perform no procedure in such a way that you actually increase the risk of harm to a patient over performing it another way.

This is what Planned Parenthood has so clearly violated here, regardless of one’s view on abortion. They have failed to put the patient first. In order to get sellable body parts, Planned Parenthood has been willing to perform abortions in more risky manners in order to maximize their ability to provide body parts. In fact, the whole process of how they provide the body parts, makes it clear that they are engaging in a marketable activity rather than a research activity. Planned Parenthood’s response has been to fall back on the technique that keeps working so well. “Even if we were to have done something wrong, you cannot let those anti-choice people win.”

Sadly, all too many pro-choice people will buy that and turn a blind eye to the place where both pro-life and pro-choice people agree, and that is the safe and ethical treatment of the woman having a surgical procedure. This is one place where we ought to be able to agree that Planned Parenthood does need to be investigated, and ethical charges brought against its physicians and nurses (up to and including malpractice), if it can be verified that they have been engaging in the manipulation of the woman’s body in the way in which Dr. Nucatola documents in her interview. Surgical procedures are supposed to be performed in the quickest and safest way or the patient, not in a slower manipulative way that Dr. Nucatola documents. And, I mean literally manipulative. The baby has to be turned by manipulation of the mother’s womb in order to get a breech birth. The danger to the woman is increased for purely financial benefit. That is wrong.

There is actually an overlap of interests here between pro-choice and pro-life. Planned Parenthood needs to be held accountable, if what Dr. Nucatola states can be verified.

http://www.orthocuba...ned-parenthood/

The website where this video was posted has added the full unexpurgated version of the videos that make up the clip that made the rounds yesterday to answer allegations of things being taken out of context.

Still don't trust this group. My brother in law was a actor when he was younger, now has his own business where he does commercials and film projects such as editing. He could rig you a video that you wouldn't know if it was edited or not.

Louisiana is sending Health and Human Services in to investigate though (saw that announced same day). Probably several other states will do the same. Figure it will occur on a national level and that is what needs to occur.

I will take medical journals and actual doctors over a Cuban Orthodox Priest (his bio indicates in no way that he is a medical professional if he is one).

Looking around there are huge debates on whether a C-section should be done in case of a breech. Studies even indicate that it can be more dangerous for the mother and the child and that vaginal should occur. Also it appears the majority of issues with breech have to do with safety for the child and not the mother. Huge debate on consent in regards to C-section and vaginal birth of a breech. Many doctors/studies argue that it is just as safe as a head first birth. Interestingly enough it is a valuable skill that many doctors thinks needs to be taught and is disappearing in the medical community (in favor of C-section). Appears like many things in life, it comes down to the skill of the performer. So his statements on a breech birth are not accurate.

Touchy subject that so many people toss out bad information.

Like only Godless liberals have abortions and lead the way. Yet a 50 year old plus institute dedication to sexual and reproduction health reports that is no where near the case.

Anti-abortion websites screaming that abortion is dangerous to mother when professional journals and research like in Obstetrics & Gynecology show that it is actually significantly safer than childbirth.

That more and more people are getting abortions and being irresponsible when over the last 5 years abortion rates are down an average of 12.5% in 48 states and we are seeing record lows in teenage pregnancy that we have not seen in decades.

Like I said if they are guilty then burn em and let them rot. But I want to see legitimate agencies and professional medical analysis of their practices they are accused of.

Some good commentary to explain exactly what the problem is here (besides it just being macabre):

The issue in the video is not that there is money involved in the preparation and transportation. Rather, the way in which the conversation goes makes it appear that several ethical, and maybe legal, rules are being violated. The senior director of Planned Parenthood is careful to say that Federal law prohibits the selling of body parts. Yet, given that she is setting a price per part, legally that appears to violate the law. Had she stated a price per shipment, that may contain one or more body parts, then that would have been fully legal. But, she is obviously trying to skirt the law, particularly when she speaks nervously about how it is all in how you interpret the law. If I were a prosecutor, I would start there.

But, medical bioethicists also would have questions about what transpires later in the conversation. Dr. Nucatola goes on to speak about their experience in using forceps in such a way as to not crush hearts, lungs, pelvises, or whatever body part it is that is wanted. To my great dismay, she even goes on to speak about how the baby can be turned to that a breech birth is what happens. Let me ask at this point, how many of you have read stories from other centuries in which a breech birth is to be avoided if at all possible? Breech births are more dangerous than head first births. But, let’s go on.

Dr. Nucatola also admits that a woman undergoing an abortion often does not dilate as far as a woman with a regular births. So, she even touts the breech technique as being more likely to get the woman to dilate a little more so that they can provide an intact head to those who wish one. In other words, the techniques are not being performed for the good and safety of the patient, but rather for the good and profit of the local Planned Parenthood involved. And, it is here that I wish those who are pro-choice to pay special attention. The rule, since Hippocrates, is to do no harm. Over the centuries that has come to include that you should perform no procedure in such a way that you actually increase the risk of harm to a patient over performing it another way.

This is what Planned Parenthood has so clearly violated here, regardless of one’s view on abortion. They have failed to put the patient first. In order to get sellable body parts, Planned Parenthood has been willing to perform abortions in more risky manners in order to maximize their ability to provide body parts. In fact, the whole process of how they provide the body parts, makes it clear that they are engaging in a marketable activity rather than a research activity. Planned Parenthood’s response has been to fall back on the technique that keeps working so well. “Even if we were to have done something wrong, you cannot let those anti-choice people win.”

Sadly, all too many pro-choice people will buy that and turn a blind eye to the place where both pro-life and pro-choice people agree, and that is the safe and ethical treatment of the woman having a surgical procedure. This is one place where we ought to be able to agree that Planned Parenthood does need to be investigated, and ethical charges brought against its physicians and nurses (up to and including malpractice), if it can be verified that they have been engaging in the manipulation of the woman’s body in the way in which Dr. Nucatola documents in her interview. Surgical procedures are supposed to be performed in the quickest and safest way or the patient, not in a slower manipulative way that Dr. Nucatola documents. And, I mean literally manipulative. The baby has to be turned by manipulation of the mother’s womb in order to get a breech birth. The danger to the woman is increased for purely financial benefit. That is wrong.

There is actually an overlap of interests here between pro-choice and pro-life. Planned Parenthood needs to be held accountable, if what Dr. Nucatola states can be verified.

http://www.orthocuba...ned-parenthood/

Deplorable if substantiated.

The more I read about this, the more I begin to think this is a manufactroversy, my feelings on abortion notwithstanding.

Still don't trust this group. My brother in law was a actor when he was younger, now has his own business where he does commercials and film projects such as editing. He could rig you a video that you wouldn't know if it was edited or not.

Louisiana is sending Health and Human Services in to investigate though (saw that announced same day). Probably several other states will do the same. Figure it will occur on a national level and that is what needs to occur.

I will take medical journals and actual doctors over a Cuban Orthodox Priest (his bio indicates in no way that he is a medical professional if he is one)

Looking around there are huge debates on whether a C-section should be done in case of a breech. Studies even indicate that it can be more dangerous for the mother and the child and that vaginal should occur. Also it appears the majority of issues with breech have to do with safety for the child and not the mother. Huge debate on consent in regards to C-section and vaginal birth of a breech. Many doctors/studies argue that it is just as safe as a head first birth. Interestingly enough it is a valuable skill that many doctors thinks needs to be taught and is disappearing in the medical community (in favor of C-section). Appears like many things in life, it comes down to the skill of the performer. So his statements on a breech birth are not accurate.

You're misunderstanding what the PP doctor said. She didn't indicate they chose to have a woman with a breech baby to deliver vaginally instead of some safer method. The woman here is indicating that they turned the baby to make it breech because that was preferable for delivering an intact head. In other words, they chose a method of delivery that was about maximizing parts for the aftermarket than what was best for the mother. They weren't debating vaginal vs C-Section, it was changing a normal position for the baby that is the safest way for a mother to deliver, to breech for monetary value.

Also, I'll have to dig but I think Fr. Ernesto has a background as a nurse, possibly during his days in military service. I may be misremembering, but I'll look.

The more I read about this, the more I begin to think this is a manufactroversy, my feelings on abortion notwithstanding.

I might have been inclined to agree until I listened to that section on how they turn the child to be breech because that's better for keeping the head intact (which is valuable on the 'parts' market). That is so calloused and heartless. And if true it violates all sorts of medical ethics.

Grist for talk radio.

I realize you guys may not be familiar with the Orthocuban blog writer, but he is so NOT an ideologue. He is a very reasonable, moderate voice in the blogosphere particularly on issue of politics and religion. His blog is frequently critical/corrective of Tea Party conservatives (both politically and theologically) on matters of race, politics and other areas. He's a supporter of universal health care for instance. So while others might be hyping this on talk radio, the rejoinders I've shown from Fr. Ernesto are not in that category. At all.

Grist for talk radio.

I realize you guys may not be familiar with the Orthocuban blog writer, but he is so NOT an ideologue. He is a very reasonable, moderate voice in the blogosphere particularly on issue of politics and religion. His blog is frequently critical/corrective of Tea Party conservatives (both politically and theologically) on matters of race, politics and other areas. He's a supporter of universal health care for instance. So while others might be hyping this on talk radio, the rejoinders I've shown from Fr. Ernesto are not in that category. At all.

Well the commentary I have heard on local talk radio is all about "PP selling baby parts for profit" as charged by the so called "Center for Medical Progress" group. Of course, they are embellishing even that.

No doubt this is true across the country.

Personally, since such a thing is clearly illegal, I say investigate it. But I guarantee if the outcome of that investigation finds it's without merit, you won't hear it on talk radio.

I will take medical journals and actual doctors over a Cuban Orthodox Priest (his bio indicates in no way that he is a medical professional if he is one).

Like only Godless liberals have abortions and lead the way. Yet a 50 year old plus institute dedication to sexual and reproduction health reports that is no where near the case.

Anti-abortion websites screaming that abortion is dangerous to mother when professional journals and research like in Obstetrics & Gynecology show that it is actually significantly safer than childbirth.

That more and more people are getting abortions and being irresponsible when over the last 5 years abortion rates are down an average of 12.5% in 48 states and we are seeing record lows in teenage pregnancy that we have not seen in decades.

Like I said if they are guilty then burn em and let them rot. But I want to see legitimate agencies and professional medical analysis of their practices they are accused of.

And that's the problem. I can post sources that state that this is happening and post stats on different aspects of abortion and many here will say bs. Then they will post their own sources and say that theirs is gospel truth. No one really knows the truth. You can pick and choose which source will fit what you want to believe. Same with any topic here.

And that's the problem. I can post sources that state that this is happening and post stats on different aspects of abortion and many here will say bs. Then they will post their own sources and say that theirs is gospel truth. No one really knows the truth. You can pick and choose which source will fit what you want to believe. Same with any topic here.

Well, one can always do a little research on the source, which should raise some doubts in many cases.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/07/15/live_action_distributed_the_planned_parenthood_sting_video_why_aren_t_they.html

http://m.snopes.com/pp-baby-parts-sale/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/15/health/planned-parenthood-undercover-video/

http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/07/14/attack-on-planned-parenthood-3-deceptive-edits/204419

Archived