So, Was I right?

Mims44

I just received an E-Mail from the head of the Computer Science department from the university I used to attend, he was telling me I needed to take part in some field test which helps them get more funding for their school.

I had multiple problems with this school, in getting my degree and with a withdrawal I tried to get.

My reply:

I'm a bit confused, 5 years after completing EVERY class needed for my degree and calling multiple times asking why the degree was not sent to me I finally received it in the last month. I also have four 0.0's on my transcripts because your school refused to accept my late withdrawal. It took me till July 2015 to get a degree I earned in '09.

I thought fondly of [******] during my time there but in the years since, struggling to get a piece of paper I had already earned and my inability to get the late withdrawal to go through despite the fact I was always a student in good standing, had no withdrawals prior, and a 3.8GPA I was treated like trash.

So unless there is something for me to gain personally by taking this major field test I will not be doing so. I have no intentions of doing anything to help [*******] financially or otherwise.

Back story of the attempted withdrawal. I had put in for a great job and notified the department head and others of the university that I might have to withdraw if I was offered the job. I was told that if it was far enough into the semester I could not get my money back (fair enough to me) BUT that since I notified them before time I would have a "W" for the classes showing I withdrew. I ended up getting the job and withdrawing, but checking afterwards I was instead given 0.0's for all classes as if I had continued being enrolled in the university the whole semester. I have never been able to get it taken care of.

The degree being sent to me, I just have no idea other than laziness on their part.

I sent the reply being a little ticked off they would ask me for something after the bad treatment I received, but now I'm wondering if it was a smart move. I am getting my 2nd degree now in a separate university, though in the same state as the prior one.

So, bad move?

Legit beef, but I wonder if they'll spend 2 seconds on what you wrote before tossing it into the 'maybe' file.

Yeah. Don't blame you in the slightest. I'd raise Cain too.

Can't blame you. How can it hurt?

Just because I'm still enrolled in a sister school. Though the University I am in now looks at the other as a smaller **** up school :lol:

You're wanting to be an a$$ but seem to still be conflicted in doing so, your reply screams rookie. You should let raptor take over because an a hole is needed the way they did you, so you should hire a professional.

You're wanting to be an a$$ but seem to still be conflicted in doing so, your reply screams rookie. You should let raptor take over because an a hole is needed the way they did you, so you should hire a professional.

Now there's top notch advice.

:-\

You can just forget those free Kid Rock tickets I was thinking of gettin' you.

I have actually gotten a response now.

He agreed with me that the way the university has treated students recently was not in keeping with their high standards... as well as stating that he agreed with my stance.

He's also about to retire and sent this email from a different address that his school one. Guessing he's sick of the BS too lol

Well done Mims.

I think you should have gotten Cole to pen the letter for you. Talk about a conflicted university. Skype! ;D

J/K C2. You know us hardcore Kid Rock fans love you. :hellyeah:

Archived