New book, Harper Lee

alexava

Has anyone bought it? Darn thing is 28$ at B&N. I got another to finish and by then I might get one on the cheap. She doesn't need anymore money.

All that money is going to her relatives, I imagine. Weren't they the main ones behind this publishing?

From everything I've read, the publisher and her attorney are the real vultures here.

All that money is going to her relatives, I imagine. Weren't they the main ones behind this publishing?

From everything I've read, the publisher and her attorney are the real vultures here.

^^This^^ imo Harper is not the person she use to be.

Loved going to Monroeville back in the 70's my best friend at Auburn was from there and his grandmother was a spitfire but she sure could cook. Had one of the nicest 9 hole golf courses you would ever see.

• 7 months later...

Well, don't expect too much. I read Mockingbird every couple of years so naturally I had to read this one. I compare it to " TheGodfather 3". You love the first one (or 2) so much you must see all sequels but they don't live up.

I got the audio book for 10$ on a FB yard sale page. So I didnt make the publisher any dough.

Saw Harper once in my life. My best friend at Auburn, his grandmother, lived in Monroeville knew Harper her entire life.

i never understood how you can produce such a work of art then not publish anything for 60 years. Some people believe Truman Capote actually wrote it.

Saw Harper once in my life. My best friend at Auburn, his grandmother, lived in Monroeville knew Harper her entire life.

i never understood how you can produce such a work of art then not publish anything for 60 years. Some people believe Truman Capote actually wrote it.

I know what you mean but she was different as for Truman it's possible but I still think she did. jmo

I know what you mean but she was different as for Truman it's possible but I still think she did. jmo

i agree. i don't think she would be that dishonest. it is possible though.

i agree. i don't think she would be that dishonest. it is possible though.

Absolutely agree.

I should mention the little town of Monroeville was a really nice southern charm town but it had its secrets as well. It also had a very nice golf course

Capote was great imo "In Cold Blood" will give you chills

im looking for it. I read actuall books or ebooks some but mostly do audio while jogging or cycling. I doubt his are available on audio.

im looking for it. I read actuall books or ebooks some but mostly do audio while jogging or cycling. I doubt his are available on audio.

Good luck with finding

Good luck with finding

In Cold Blood (Unabridged) by Truman Capote

https://itun.es/us/1yPpv

:poke:

Good luck with finding

In Cold Blood (Unabridged) by Truman Capote

https://itun.es/us/1yPpv

:poke:

27bucks! I am more likely to find it at a flea market or just get a paperback. Itunes is terribly convenient but you have nothing when you're done. i usually find the cd version for half the price load them in library then sell(rarely) or most often trade with someone for another read.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it possible that she wrote the story and had Capote "flesh it out" into the novel it became?

To me it doesn't matter who wrote it...it's one of my all time favorite books. (Movie was amazing as well.)

Isn't it possible that she wrote the story and had Capote "flesh it out" into the novel it became?

To me it doesn't matter who wrote it...it's one of my all time favorite books. (Movie was amazing as well.)

i am glad i read the book before i saw the movie. but i pictured the settings just as the movie showed. i guess she drew it out so well with her words the movie makers had not trouble producing it.

i am glad i read the book before i saw the movie. but i pictured the settings just as the movie showed. i guess she drew it out so well with her words the movie makers had not trouble producing it.

Agree

Agree

I agree.

Archived