Chattanooga Shooting at Military Recruting Office

AUtiger98

You should have probably abstained from using "Muzzie" or any other racist phrasing for the Muslim people.

And they should probably stop murdering innocents in the name of Allah, but guess that's not gonna happen either.

There are nearly 2 billion muslims in the world. If they were all murdering innocents in the name of Allah, we'd have a much larger, more noticeable problem (for everyone, not just fundies and bloodlusting neocons) than what actually exists. But by all means, continue to showcase your hate fueled ignorance.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I continue to be amazed how much quicker the Brit papers are in reporting these type things with details even when they occur thousands of miles away in the US. The Daily Mail, Telegraph and BBC both have more info that the US media.

Shooters name, his mug shot from a DUI arrest, home town, pictures of his family and graduation from UT Chattanooga........

Not fueled by ignorance, but by the annoyance in seeing people murdered in the name of Allah.

You should have probably abstained from using "Muzzie" or any other racist phrasing for the Muslim people.

And they should probably stop murdering innocents in the name of Allah, but guess that's not gonna happen either.

There are nearly 2 billion muslims in the world. If they were all murdering innocents in the name of Allah, we'd have a much larger, more noticeable problem (for everyone, not just fundies and bloodlusting neocons) than what actually exists. But by all means, continue to showcase your hate fueled ignorance.

Exactly how many murdered Marines constitutes a noticeable problem, because when we get to that number I need to know that I should be concerned?

He has been living in Hixson since he was 9. He lived in a nice part of town. I'm somewhat confused how the first shooting happen and people weren't alerted especially the next service place

I continue to be amazed how much quicker the Brit papers are in reporting these type things with details even when they occur thousands of miles away in the US. The Daily Mail, Telegraph and BBC both have more info that the US media.

Shooters name, his mug shot from a DUI arrest, home town, pictures of his family and graduation from UT Chattanooga........

The Times Free Press in Chattanooga seems to be getting quick info. They most likely have the local sources, where as the national press maybe hesitant to report without confirming with a second source.

Not fueled by ignorance, but by the lack of enjoyment in seeing people murdered in the name of Allah.

It is "fueled by ignorance". Not all Arabs and Muslims are murders or terrorists. I grew up in Chattanooga. I knew many Arabs and Muslims who were, and are, very good people.

Exactly how many murdered Marines constitutes a noticeable problem, because when we get to that number I need to know that I should be concerned?

Perhaps when the number gets even in the same stratosphere as the number of Americans killed by the police in any given year. Why magnify one problem and ignore or rationalize the other?

That is interesting, once this gets started up nobody start talking about Americans killing Americans I guarantee

That is interesting, once this gets started up nobody start talking about Americans killing Americans I guarantee

Murder rate has been going down, has it not ?

This clearly was a religiously motivated attack, so yeah, kinda a big deal, for anyone following geo-political events in the past 25 years, or more.

Ramadan just ended, and ISIS ( which clearly had a heads up on this particular event ) has called for the targeting of US Military.

I'm not. Our U.S. news outlets are garbage.

Perhaps when the number gets even in the same stratosphere as the number of Americans killed by the police in any given year. Why magnify one problem and ignore or rationalize the other?

One website I found put that number around 1000, so are you saying once 1000 Marines die we should starting caring about this?

He has been living in Hixson since he was 9. He lived in a nice part of town. I'm somewhat confused how the first shooting happen and people weren't alerted especially the next service place

It's been a slow burn as far as incoming news is concerned. I've been following this since this morning, wondering when it'd start to catch fire.

It's been a slow burn as far as incoming news is concerned. I've been following this since this morning, wondering when it'd start to catch fire.

Very first things I heard as the news broke...

" White guy in a drop top silver mustang "

" Chatt PD were treating this as a crime "

Gee, 4 dead Marines and a wounded cop ... that's no boating accident !

It's natural for stories to be confused at first, but once again, the rush to get SOMETHING out first, ( several hours after the fact, even ) regardless of the confirmed details, seems to be how the US media roll. The cops had the dead guy for how long before the first word even came across the radio ( how i heard of it ) and they STILL were going with " unidentified white male " as the shooter.

I hope you can understand how some folks may be a bit suspicious at the competency or honesty of , well... EVERYONE.

It's natural for stories to be confused at first, but once again, the rush to get SOMETHING out first, ( several hours after the fact, even ) regardless of the confirmed details, seems to be how the US media roll. The cops had the dead guy for how long before the first word even came across the radio ( how i heard of it ) and they STILL were going with " unidentified white male " as the shooter.

I hope you can understand how some folks may be a bit suspicious at the competency or honesty of , well... EVERYONE.

In all fairness to the media, the white guy comment came from a witness who was named in the article. My biggest beef was with the US Attorney who called it domestic terror. He even follow up with this a second time before leaving the podium.

The FBI agent who followed him stated they didn't know how if it was domestic terror, international terror, or a criminal act.

The US Attorney then rushed back up to the mic and said "the last thing we need to do is put labels on this before all the facts are in". :dunno:

See, eyewitnesses can see things not as they truly are, but as it appears to them, at the time of crisis. I find it curious how such reports are rushed out, and in other incidents, we never hear of other or any eye witness accounts, until long after the event.

The US attorney likely knew the name of the shooter, his background, etc... and let it slip out that this was domestic terrorism. Regardless , it comes down to one simple thing - Don't report anything if you aren't certain. Hell, every day I heard of shootings , robbings and such , committed by " a man " , but no distinguishing details. The news routinely leaves out such pertinents as race, body type, height, hair style, etc... for obvious P.C. reasons.

Ugh. My point was that I heard of this shooting right when it happened long before it started getting the major attention that it's getting now. It happened around 8am my time, this thread wasn't created for several hours afterward.

I don't need details immediately, but the fact that it was a shooting in a public area took way too long to hit major news.

Chaotic, to be sue. 2 sites, 4 dead , and a dirtbag at room temp.

Sounds like a disgruntled ex or wanna be soldier, but we'll see.

It's gone from being called a criminal case to an act of domestic terror. Damn.

See how the news reports shaped our view of this event, at least early on ?

'white guy'. Lead me to believe that it wasn't a Muslim terrorist, but ex or wanna be military. That was my most likely guess. Of course I assumed he was nuts, pissed off about something, and going postal, as it were.

This story broke hours after it took place. At least here, in the US. I have to believe that w/ in a few minutes, maybe as much as 30 after the shooter was killed, the authorities knew a great deal. But they held onto this info , for what ever reason. I suppose they had their reasons.

My guess is that they had 2 sites , they wanted to see if this was bigger than just 1 shooter, one area, or possibly a nation wide event.

We get it, Raptor.

This is the tip. If you don't think your home emergency plans need revisiting I'd suggest you review them. ISIS will use this and learn from it...and how we respond to it.

emt - well, there is that. But I was more commenting on how the news " works " , so to say, when something like this happens. The 'slow burn' as SMB put it, of how info does or doesn't get put out , where as over in the UK, their news is putting out names, national affiliation, graduation info, schools and degrees.... our media treat the public here like freaking children. " Mustn't tell them too much too quickly, or they''ll get angry and pitch a fit, because them folk don't understand big stuff like this "

I swear, the MSM has this constant fear of a large scale violent back lash against Muslims, and there's been zero evidence of that ever happening, even after 9-11. It's a crisis they're trying to avoid which never has shown signs of actually happening.

ETA - which is really weird, because they ( MSM ) go out of their way to fan the flames of discontent when ever there's a racial clash on hand. Hell, they'll MAKE it racial, even when it isn't ( Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin ) just to instigate ratings.

Murder rate has been going down, has it not ?

This clearly was a religiously motivated attack, so yeah, kinda a big deal, for anyone following geo-political events in the past 25 years, or more.

Ramadan just ended, and ISIS ( which clearly had a heads up on this particular event ) has called for the targeting of US Military.

Hey it's serious and it needs to be addressed and I have no problem with that. I was just saying I bet we all will stick to the issue and not be worrying about little side stupid stuff. I'm sure murder rate or whatever needs to be addressed but it's not anything that needs to be addressed right now, police brutality or anything like that doesn't either. Right now THIS is what's important and that's the way it should be. Nobody is worried about a confederate flag right now....

Archived