Chattanooga Shooting at Military Recruting Office

AUtiger98

My twitter feed is full of tea party madness. They love to spout "guns don't kill, people kill" Well, guess what? Islam or Muslims didn't kill these Marines, Mohammod Youssof Abdulazeez did.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not fueled by ignorance, but by the annoyance in seeing people murdered in the name of Allah.

Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out, huh?

You are the bad apple that spoils every thread.

Not fueled by ignorance, but by the lack of enjoyment in seeing people murdered in the name of Allah.

It is "fueled by ignorance". Not all Arabs and Muslims are murders or terrorists. I grew up in Chattanooga. I knew many Arabs and Muslims who were, and are, very good people.

You knew muzzys that were good people?

Not fueled by ignorance, but by the annoyance in seeing people murdered in the name of Allah.

The guy that won't offer up his kids for war willing uses dead Marines as political tools.

You should have probably abstained from using "Muzzie" or any other racist phrasing for the Muslim people.

And they should probably stop murdering innocents in the name of Allah, but guess that's not gonna happen either.

There are nearly 2 billion muslims in the world. If they were all murdering innocents in the name of Allah, we'd have a much larger, more noticeable problem (for everyone, not just fundies and bloodlusting neocons) than what actually exists. But by all means, continue to showcase your hate fueled ignorance.

Exactly how many murdered Marines constitutes a noticeable problem, because when we get to that number I need to know that I should be concerned?

Who said we shouldn't "notice" this?

Funny. You put words in my mouth than bash me for things I never said. SOP for the Left.

There is no news. There is only the truth of the signal.
- Mr Universe.

You not liking the news doesn't change things, usn / homer. Do try and keep up.

The guy that won't offer up his kids for war willing uses dead Marines as political tools.

No one offers up their ' kids ' , dumb ass. This isn't ancient Sparta.

Funny. You put words in my mouth than bash me for things I never said. SOP for the Left.

There is no news. There is only the truth of the signal.
- Mr Universe.

You not liking the news doesn't change things, usn / homer. Do try and keep up.

Oh I'm trying to keep up. Hell, just from your posts I've learned that Muzzys aren't white.

Stupid MSM misleading us saying he was white!

He was born in Kuwait.

Chattanooga-shooter-Muhammad-Youssef-Abdulazeez-e1437088549925.jpg

" White guy "

Only I never said what you claim I said, Homer. So you're only getting further behind.

I guess compared to those of sub-Saharan ancestry, yeah, he does look a bit white. But reports omitted his beard. Kinda a mainstay for radical Islamic types. aka 'Muzzies ".

FB_IMG_1437087947711.jpg

AUUSN, I have lots of close friends who have served our military and some are still in active service. When things like this happen I also think you and the ones you sever with. So thank you for your service to our country.

I would like your perspective on this issue. Do you think military members should be able to carry a firearm while on duty? I'll leave this question broad because I know there are many scenarios.

No. There were people in my non-pog unit that I couldn't trust with a weapon much less in a pog unit. Think about it. You have a base like the red stone arsenal, predominantly civilian population, if there is a negligent discharge, there will be an uproar for months.

No. There were people in my non-pog unit that I couldn't trust with a weapon much less in a pog unit. Think about it. You have a base like the red stone arsenal, predominantly civilian population, if there is a negligent discharge, there will be an uproar for months.

I agree with Jeff. It would be a logistical nightmare One accidental discharge and it's game over. There are some Sailors I wouldnt want to see armed.

I disagree as I was on active duty when we were stopped from being armed on bases etc. If you kept it in the trunk, and not loaded you could have it in your car. I think that if I have a concealed carry permit and pass a class that is taught on base then I should be allowed to carry. Today, we cannot have guns in our cars on bases or NOSCs. Could this have been prevented if we were allowed to have guns in our cars? Probably not. I don't think that we as military should be carrying in our work spaces on base but leaving them in our cars should be ok on bases.

I agree with Jeff. It would be a logistical nightmare One accidental discharge and it's game over. There are some Sailors I wouldnt want to see armed.

Thanks for the input. Its my understanding that prior to the 1990's the military could carry. I'd be interested to know how many accidental discharges were recorded in the years before. I'm sure there were some, heck the police have accidental discharges. In cases like Redstone, there are gates, guards and guns, but in case like recruiting offices these guys seem to be sitting ducks (ex: Arkansas 2009 and Chattanooga 2015). And the gates, guard and guns didn't stop the guy at Ft. Hood.

I conceal carry almost everywhere I go, and would say about 10 of the 30 people I work with do also. It would imagine the people I work with have less training than military personnel, yet these people carry in Publix, Lowe's, restaurants ect.

Thanks for the input. Its my understanding that prior to the 1990's the military could carry. I'd be interested to know how many accidental discharges were recorded in the years before. I'm sure there were some, heck the police have accidental discharges. In cases like Redstone, there are gates, guards and guns, but in case like recruiting offices these guys seem to be sitting ducks (ex: Arkansas 2009 and Chattanooga 2015). And the gates, guard and guns didn't stop the guy at Ft. Hood.

I conceal carry almost everywhere I go, and would say about 10 of the 30 people I work with do also. It would imagine the people I work with have less training than military personnel, yet these people carry in Publix, Lowe's, restaurants ect.

My brother works at redstone for the missile defense agency and he said the security guards do not have guns. We were just discussing this yesterday. That fact is problematic. Only the MPs have guns.

It's too problematic to have our recruiters packing heat and would NOT have prevented what happened yesterday. Again people are using the deaths of four Marines to further political agendas and it's sick to do so.

It's too problematic to have our recruiters packing heat and would NOT have prevented what happened yesterday. Again people are using the deaths of four Marines to further political agendas and it's sick to do so.

98, that's not a dig at you. It was just a general statement based on what I've seen in my twitter feed.

I disagree as I was on active duty when we were stopped from being armed on bases etc. If you kept it in the trunk, and not loaded you could have it in your car. I think that if I have a concealed carry permit and pass a class that is taught on base then I should be allowed to carry. Today, we cannot have guns in our cars on bases or NOSCs. Could this have been prevented if we were allowed to have guns in our cars? Probably not. I don't think that we as military should be carrying in our work spaces on base but leaving them in our cars should be ok on bases.

I heard a guy from Redstone on the radio this morning. He was former military and current contractor. Here are a few points he made.

1. Since he can't carry on post, (car or concealed) if he goes somewhere after work he will not have his firearm with him.

2. He also said while on active duty a fellow soldier was in a restaurant during lunch and an shooting occurred. Normally his buddy would have been carrying, but wasn't since he couldn't take it on base.

3. During security briefings the guy was told when MPs respond to an active shooter situation they will not know who the bad guys is, if he also had a gun. He told them by the time the MP responds the situation will be over since it will take several minutes for them to get there. And the same applies with law enforcement out in the community and we don't have a problem with cops shooting the good guys with a gun.

I'll say I wouldn't want everyone carrying a gun. For example, right now my wife would not be a good candidate. However, it appears uniform military have been targets in places where the bad guys knows they are unarmed. We also know from recent security notices that military personnel and possibly family are potential targets. If we know they are targets, then I would like for them to be a protected as much as possible. I'll defer to those of you who serve and the leadership of the Arm Forces to find the right solutions.

98, that's not a dig at you. It was just a general statement based on what I've seen in my twitter feed.

yeah I've been seeing it too. We can learn from unfortunate situations, such as putting stop signs at intersections where deadly crashes occur without completely using people's lives as tools for debate.

Sure, but I would say we don't really know the answer to that. Let's say one person returned fire. Maybe that saves one life because the guys ducks for cover. With out some type of defense their odds of surviving go way down.

My brother works at redstone for the missile defense agency and he said the security guards do not have guns. We were just discussing this yesterday. That fact is problematic. Only the MPs have guns.

After 9/11 the guys at the gates had guns. Must have been MPs.

I don't remember seeing the guys at the gate at FT. McClellan having guns.

Edit: just talked to my brother again. Guards at the gate do have guns, guards on base don't. In reality, guards at the gate are not really effective at preventing attacks on base. All the passengers need is a cac card and they're then allowed inside the base.

I don't remember seeing the guys at the gate at FT. McClellan having guns.

Edit: just talked to my brother again. Guards at the gate do have guns, guards on base don't. In reality, guards at the gate are not really effective at preventing attacks on base. All the passengers need is a cac card and they're then allowed inside the base.

Let me add to that. It's more that just presenting your CaC card. That card is scanned and verified through DBIDS to verify that you don't have any current violations or security alerts. Civilians presenting their driver's license are checked against a database also. We have arrested workers with moving companies trying to get on base because they have outstanding warrants.

Archived