Chattanooga Shooting at Military Recruting Office

AUtiger98

As far as armed recruiting officers, I have no problem with it whatsoever. I feel better about them being armed that a lot of the semi-trained civilians that carry.

But I am not sure it would really help in a case like this. I am not that familiar with what happened exactly, but it appears like the guy was shooting into the building from the outside. Bullet resistant glass might have been a better defense.

Reports are the killer coward shot from his car in the parking lot. Luckily he aimed low or the weight of the AK47 lowered the aim to hit lower on the doors and windows. I also think the glass has solar film that kept him from seeing and aiming at a person. So he did a classic drive by shooting job and fortunately for the people inside he only wounded one person in the leg.

2AA2709300000578-3164725-image-a-111_1437165828740.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as armed recruiting officers, I have no problem with it whatsoever. I feel better about them being armed that a lot of the semi-trained civilians that carry.

But I am not sure it would really help in a case like this. I am not that familiar with what happened exactly, but it appears like the guy was shooting into the building from the outside. Bullet resistant glass might have been a better defense.

i agree. Give them guns.

I know that four unarmed Marines were murdered, and another may also lose their life.

Well looky here. The dude that politicized this thread all of the sudden cares for the lives of lost Marines.

And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling

If it was a drive by how would the guys having guns would have helped?

probably wouldn't have. I am a gun owner who thinks it is way too easy to purchase and carry guns. But I agree with homer who said earlier that it shouldn't be too big of a reach to let military trained recruiters carry weapons when virtually any knuckle head can legally carry. Some cops are not even trained to the degree of these active duty military. But cole you are right it may not help much. It's not like this happens every day.

If it was a drive by how would the guys having guns would have helped?

In this particular situation, it probably wouldn't have. At any of the various attacks on homeland military bases we've seen recently,or the two (?) at the Washington Navy yard, it very likely could have.

Muzzy = slang for Muslim.

Confused ? I guess not. He wanted to kill infidels, and he did.

Perhaps I should have said " Muzzie " My bad.

You should have probably abstained from using "Muzzie" or any other racist phrasing for the Muslim people.

To hell with the Muslims and their ilk. I'm offended by Muslims, especially the one in the White House.

With all of the information collected by the NSA, CIA and FBI, I'm wondering why they couldn't thwart this tragedy.

You should have probably abstained from using "Muzzie" or any other racist phrasing for the Muslim people.

To hell with the Muslims and their ilk. I'm offended by Muslims, especially the one in the White House.

With all of the information collected by the NSA, CIA and FBI, I'm wondering why they couldn't thwart this tragedy.With all of the information collected by the NSA, CIA and FBI, I'm wondering why they couldn't thwart this tragedy.

Is this satire?

I really don't understand stand why recruiters absolutely need weapons. I think we are being way too reactionary again. If anyone needs weapons, it is the commanders. Other than recruiters being the link where the civilian world meets the military world, I don't see why just recruiters should be armed. Yesterday, we were discussing everyone on base being armed, now it's just recruiters lol

With all of the information collected by the NSA, CIA and FBI, I'm wondering why they couldn't thwart this tragedy.With all of the information collected by the NSA, CIA and FBI, I'm wondering why they couldn't thwart this tragedy.

Well hell, they haven't figured out the POTUS is a Muslim either. :-\

(Your moniker suits you perfectly. Unfortunately, we are already over-populated with bottom feeders.)

We had an applicant in the recruiting station at the time of the shooting. She says shes more motivated than ever to join the Navy. People say they weep for the youth of today. I say we still have fantastic youth and they will continue to make this country great.

Is this satire?

Nah. That was accidental. Ugg

My guess is the federal government will spend a fortune on bulletproof glass at every recruitment office in the nation. This will prove ineffective if this kind of thing happens again, and it's likely. What we need is to be able to get into people's brains and detect intent.

https://emotiv.com/

Emotiv EPOC / EPOC+

A revolutionary Brain Computer Interface and

Scientific Contextual EEG offering high resolution,

14 EEG channels + 2 references. A wireless EEG system

for research enabling entertainment, market research

& usability testing and neurotherapy.

-7e8adfd5c46402de.jpg

He has his gangsta grip.... yeah, he is alpha male material.

He could easily be shot first before getting a chance to even raise his gun.

Bad guy: "Hey, how are you?" ::walks past him::

Cowboy: "howdy partner"

::bad guy pops him in the back of the head when the cowboy turns away::

-7e8adfd5c46402de.jpg

He has his gangsta grip.... yeah, he is alpha male material.

He could easily be shot first before getting a chance to even raise his gun.

Bad guy: "Hey, how are you?" ::walks past him::

Cowboy: "howdy partner"

::bad guy pops him in the back of the head when the cowboy turns away::

I'll bet dollars to donuts that his particular site will be attacked as frequently as I will by any polar bears, while i wear my lucky anti-PB power bracelet.

Archived