Basketball Roster Update Notes

kwren34

Read my last posts in the Tyler Harris thread, what I've been trying to tell everybody when they are complaining about Cim starting fast breaks.

The reason I complained about Cim starting fast breaks is because his success percentage pretty much sucked. If he can get better, that's a different story. If he doesn't get better, Cim starting fast breaks will remain a bad idea.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if Coach is pushing for him to do it there has to be a reason, also it's not like the majority of people going to notice or talk about him being successful. They will focus on the turnovers

I couldn't help but LOL when CB would be running the break and the ball somehow ends up in the 6th row

Read my last posts in the Tyler Harris thread, what I've been trying to tell everybody when they are complaining about Cim starting fast breaks.

The reason I complained about Cim starting fast breaks is because his success percentage pretty much sucked. If he can get better, that's a different story. If he doesn't get better, Cim starting fast breaks will remain a bad idea.

True story

Well if Coach is pushing for him to do it there has to be a reason, also it's not like the majority of people going to notice or talk about him being successful. They will focus on the turnovers

JMO but coach might as well get on board because I don't think he can stop Cim from leading a fast break unless he puts him on the bench. Cim is like a lot the players today...they are going to play "their game" and the coaches seem to have very little control once the game starts. I expect the theory is to turn him loose and hope for the best.

Pearl stated last year he wanted cim to play that way because he creates things. He also stated he wants the players to play their game because he wants them to play loose. Of course he wants them to play pearl ball, but to be loose doing so.

Lol pretty much. People on the board don't like it or understand it so it can't be a decision it's nobody can stop it.

During the playoffs Greene would make decisions that would make me mad, that's part of the game. You establish that because it opens up so many things that many fans don't see. It's like establishing running the ball in football, sometimes you have to run that dive up the middle even though you know it's going to get two yards at the most

JMO but coach might as well get on board because I don't think he can stop Cim from leading a fast break unless he puts him on the bench. Cim is like a lot the players today...they are going to play "their game" and the coaches seem to have very little control once the game starts. I expect the theory is to turn him loose and hope for the best.

Imo that's ludicrous. What you just described is a very very successful coach who to be honest we're lucky to have don't have control of his team and it's not a strategy, even after he clearly stated it's his strategy....

Different coaches have different strategies and tempo is a very important one and a coach is very specific and direct about what he wants his big men to do with the ball. If you think ANY coach yet along coach pearl is telling a player one thing and they make a decision to NOT do it and he just shrugs his shoulders and is ok with it you're crazy. If for nothing else he'd lose his entire team

Imo that's ludicrous. What you just described is a very very successful coach who to be honest we're lucky to have don't have control of his team and it's not a strategy, even after he clearly stated it's his strategy....

Different coaches have different strategies and tempo is a very important one and a coach is very specific and direct about what he wants his big men to do with the ball. If you think ANY coach yet along coach pearl is telling a player one thing and they make a decision to NOT do it and he just shrugs his shoulders and is ok with it you're crazy. If for nothing else he'd lose his entire team

you must not be watching the games very carefully. BP and a great many other coaches get frustrated over players that do their own things....just watch the head shaking and eye rolls....and the occasional a** chewings during a game that result from selfish play.

JMO but I can't believe the AU team is at it's most effective when Cim is out leading a fast break...especially since he can't hit a reasonable percent of his fouls shots and hits less than 40% from the floor. I'm hoping he is a different player this year....improves his shooting and gets in better shape but seem that with the quality of PGs we will have this year, the ball will be safer in their hands than Cim's.

Meanwhile, this is all "coach speak" anyway and likely means very little. Cim is the only meaningful starter coming back and is the only one with a real track record that BP can discuss at the moment.

No him starting a break is all about tempo and creates mismatches. Actually the last thing about him starting a break and benefiting the team is him scoring or a direct pass from him leading a score. I tried to explain it but like I said some don't like it and can't see it so those people won't listen. But as far as Greene doing it for golden state it's not because he's the best ball handler, shooter, passer, or finisher on the team they want him to it....it's bigger than that. Steph Curry is the best shooter in the WORLD and if not the best ball handler top 3...why would they want Greene starting fast breaks?

And you don't coach speak saying you want a player to do certain things but don't really want them to do it. He wouldn't tell a guy on the team who couldn't shoot a lick he want him to play like Steph Curry. The fact they wanted cim to lose all that weight means we'll be seeing a fast tempo and more of the same as far as him starting breaks.

And as far as your first paragraph that's completely different than saying a coach can't stop a player from doing something. Of course mistakes will be made but if he didn't want cim to lead a break cim wouldn't lead a break....that's different from him chewing out a guy for turning the ball over or not making an extra pass

lol, basketball must be new to you and Coach Pearls' system. When Coach proves u wrong i hope u can come back and say "my bad"

beyond that your thought process on Cim is off, he wants to get to the next level and that is why he chose Bruce, he can get him there and is doing whatever it takes to have that opportunity

lol, basketball must be new to you and Coach Pearls' system, get a clue and study a bit. When Coach proves u wrong i hope u can come back and say "my bad"

beyond that your thought process on Cim is ridiculous, he wants to get to the next level and that is why he chose Bruce, he can get him there and is doing whatever it takes to have that opportunity

Been following BB quite a while and I'm willing to say "my bad" if needed but strikes me it's going to be hard to win a debate against people who think that a player who leads his team in turnovers, shoots 41% from the field and less than 50% from FT line has had a good season.....and note that during the last ten games of the year, he only lead the team in RBs in 3 games though he was playing fewer minutes which might have helped in other aspects of his game.

Meanwhile, every player thinks he is going to the NBA ....or the NFL....I guess....which is a good (though mostly unrealistic) goal.....but it would be nice for team goals come first. And I understand that BP is trying to give his best returning player some props....and hoping to inspire some leadership for this season. Maybe CB will surprise me.....and I'm hoping he does. We need his enthusiasm.....and RBs and good defense..

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on Purifoy? I hope he plays this season.

Starts classes tomorrow
AUBURN - Danjel Purifoy, one of the jewel's of Auburn's 2015 basketball recruiting class, is on campus and will start classes Monday morning.

Purifoy, a 4-star, has done all that was required of him to become eligible and is awaiting final clearance. There is little doubt in the Auburn basketball program that he will be cleared and eligible for the 2015-2016 season.

Cimeon Bowers just tweeted that he weighed in at 251 today. He weighed 280 last season. I wonder if losing 29 pounds is a good thing for a body banger in the low post?

6'6" or 6'7" and 251 pounds is still a big man. I don't think he will be moved around much but the weight loss should help other aspects of his game. The Round Mound of Rebound lost a ton of weight and still dominated.

The loss of weight should help him out overall as he will be faster and leaner. If he lost bad weight (fat) and gained muscle weight with it he should be ok and have a better season. Looks like off season workouts did him well.

Archived