Davey O'Brien Watch List

RunInRed

The Davey O’Brien Foundation announced the 2015 Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award Watch List today, a group that includes two dozen of the nation’s top college quarterbacks.

This year’s list, which was compiled by a subset of the Davey O’Brien National Selection Committee, was selected based on player performance during the previous year and expectations heading into the 2015 college football season. All nominees were required to have started at least one game at their current institution previously.

The 2015 season marks the ninth year that fans will be invited to participate in the voting process. The Davey O’Brien Fan Vote will be combined with the results from the Selection Committee. Voting will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 1.

The 39th Annual Davey O’Brien Awards Dinner will be held Monday, Feb. 15, 2016, in Fort Worth, Texas.

http://daveyobrienaward.org/2015/07/two-dozen-named-to-2015-watch-list/

CKC7R1yWwAELphg.jpg

You're missing something. He's listed between Kevin Hogan of Stanford and Cardale Jones of OSU.

You're missing something. He's listed between Kevin Hogan of Stanford and Cardale Jones of OSU.

My bad, thanks!

Don't see how cardale is on there, I know he did awesome last season but braxton miller is back and I don't think they will run a 2 qb system because it won't work, ask les miles lol

He's on with an asterisk. It notes at the bottom that he's on as the projected starter for OSU. I take that to mean he's a placeholder for their starter, whether it's Jones, Barrett, or Miller.

Don't see how cardale is on there, I know he did awesome last season but braxton miller is back and I don't think they will run a 2 qb system because it won't work, ask les miles lol

Honestly, I think that JT Barrett is the best fit for their system. Yes, each of the 3 fills a niche and are best in certain situations, for example Miller is the most elusive and dynamic runner, and works that read option insanely well. On the flip side, Cardale has a cannon for an arm and can be a bruiser when he needs to be, but IMO he is not nearly as shifty as the other two. JT on the other hand seems to be a mix of the two, and while he is neither the best passer nor the best runner, he is a mix of the two styles that forces defenses to focus on both, often leaving them confused. That allow the run to open up the pass, and visa versa.

Sorry for the hijack, but those are my 2 cents on the tOSU QB situation. I do think that we will see all 3 of them play this year during different situations, and I would be shocked if Meyer didn't use a formation that put 2 or more of them on the field at the same time, Like we did with Johnson and Marshall last year.

Braxton isn't starting over Cardale lol

Can you imagine the QB dominance OSU will have of Torrance actually does develop as a QB? woof

I could see Auburn and OSU being the QB headliners of CFB going forward, especially if that guy we got over Alabama pans out

Archived