Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

FHeal

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close up of the orange cleats ...

image.jpg

Would look a lot better with an orange Jersey. Too much clash with the navy. Orange undershirts with an orange jersey would look awesome!

image.jpg

Would look a lot better with an orange Jersey. Too much clash with the navy. Orange undershirts with an orange jersey would look awesome!

Orange and navy don't clash.

:dunno:

Don't care for the oranged-up home uni at all. :no:

thank you sir

especially the orange on orange cleats and socks (looks like something Ronald - under the golden arches might wear)

11813527_796123010508711_1677129042030858328_n.jpg

those white cleats are clean though!

The pair on the left too. Not crazy about the orange pair...not because they're orange but because they're a different pair of cleats.

image.jpg

Orange and navy don't clash.

:dunno:/>

Just saying the navy and white undersleeves and cleats flow with their repective jerseys better IMO. I'm just saying the orange would look AUsome with an orange jersey.

Never understood why they changed the stripes on the pants in the first place. Xcellent move!

It was not aesthetic, it was functional. The same reason for the truncation of the shoulder stripes.

The old UA pant had a triangular piece of fabric on the back of the leg. It was a different material which added stretch/compression. The different material could not be screen printed with different colors. I think the additional strip of material under the shoulders must have been similar.

The new UA shirt uses a weave, which apparently allows more stretch. I do not know about the pants, but the triangular piece is gone.

This is not the football uniforms of old. This is about a very close fit to prevent the jersey from being grabbed, while providing freedom of movement of a looser fit of the old days, and at the same time not making the athlete overheat while wearing a navy blue jersey.

Don't care for the oranged-up home uni at all. :no:/>

Are you taking about the one on Cass? If so, thats not the jersey that is the players personal option on the sleeves. If not, well....my bad.

Yep. Don't like the orange cleats/socks and if the the orange undershirt is an option, it shouldn't be.

They clutter up a classic look and make it look tacky IMO.

I always liked the black shoes with black or navy socks with our home uni.

Don't care for the oranged-up home uni at all. :no:

Agree. I don't like the orange with the blue, but it might grow on me some. It will never be a favorite.

As for potential combinations:

I like the white sleeves/gloves/shoes with the blue.

I love the blue sleeves/gloves/shoes with the white.

I am okay with the orange sleeves/gloves/shoes with the white.

I am also okay with the navy shoes with any uniform, because I still buy into the belief black shoes make the athlete appear slower, and make him harder to defend.

My choices:

Home: Blue unis with white sleeves/gloves/shoes.

Away Day Game: White unies with orange sleeves/gloves/shoes.

Away Night Game: White unies with blue sleeves/gloves/shoes.

Home Night option: Blue unis with orange sleeves/gloves/shoes.

No players randomly mixing of glove, shoe, or sleeve color. It is called a UNIFORM for a reason.

[EDIT] I just listened to the video, and there will be no mix and match. That is good.

image.jpg

Looks like something Clemson would wear. :puke:

Well....they did get the orange from us..... ;)

Are you taking about the one on Cass? If so, thats not the jersey that is the players personal option on the sleeves. If not, well....my bad.

Yep. Don't like the orange cleats/socks and if the the orange undershirt is an option, it shouldn't be.

I'm (almost) 100% with you on this. Only diff being that I don't mind the orange undershirt as once the pads are put on, you'll pretty much only see some of the sleeve and I think a lot of the guys have worn stuff like that the last few years anyway. It is a good "trim" color.

But the socks and shoes!! UGH!! I said this elsewhere and I'll say it here. I know that they're trying to stay edgy and trendy, while also keeping the traditional alive as well. I applaud that!!! But... the orange shoes and socks look like clown feet, best case, or ducks' feet, worst case. Plus..yes.... they look like something Clemson would wear.

I'm (almost) 100% with you on this. Only diff being that I don't mind the orange undershirt as once the pads are put on, you'll pretty much only see some of the sleeve and I think a lot of the guys have worn stuff like that the last few years anyway. It is a good "trim" color.

But the socks and shoes!! UGH!! I said this elsewhere and I'll say it here. I know that they're trying to stay edgy and trendy, while also keeping the traditional alive as well. I applaud that!!! But... the orange shoes and socks look like clown feet, best case, or ducks' feet, worst case. Plus..yes.... they look like something Clemson would wear.

Agreed! Orange is a great trim color to the blue and white. I actually like the orange more with the road unis than the home....if choosing.

Close up of the white cleats ...

11809664_1620333151576613_1703554302_n.jpg

I think these are SICK! and Black cleats look clunky so i disagree that we should have black cleats.

image.jpg

I am of the unpopular opinion where I think these are awesome and would be great for an orange out at JHS. I like the white and Navy better but these are slick as well.

It's basically the socks....both the white and orange..... that's some seriously bad looking stockings. They both make the cleats look dime store cheap..

Close up of the white cleats ...

11809664_1620333151576613_1703554302_n.jpg

I think these are SICK! and Black cleats look clunky so i disagree that we should have black cleats.

Agree on both points. Think these would look great in orange as well

image.jpg

I am of the unpopular opinion where I think these are awesome and would be great for an orange out at JHS. I like the white and Navy better but these are slick as well.

"Orange outs" also suck.

Archived