Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

FHeal

Close up of the orange cleats ...

image.jpg

I am of the unpopular opinion where I think these are awesome and would be great for an orange out at JHS. I like the white and Navy better but these are slick as well.

"Orange outs" also suck.

It is one of our main colors. we are the Orange and Navy... so naturally Orange Outs are awesome! especially with all Navy shakers. What I think when you say Orange outs suck. "ARGH get off my lawn you meddling kids!"

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am of the unpopular opinion where I think these are awesome and would be great for an orange out at JHS. I like the white and Navy better but these are slick as well.

"Orange outs" also suck.

It is one of our main colors. we are the Orange and Navy... so naturally Orange Outs are awesome! especially with all Navy shakers. What I think when you say Orange outs suck. "ARGH get off my lawn you meddling kids!"

Orange is fine for stripes but that's it. I will never wear orange gear and you shouldn't either.

If you feel compelled to dress up in orange, go root for Clemson.

"Orange outs" also suck.

Orange is fine for stripes but that's it. I will never wear orange gear and you shouldn't either.

lawn.jpg

There's no such thing as an "Orange Out."

"Black Outs" (thUGA, among others) and "White Outs" (Penn St., among others) make sense because... those are phrases from life outside of sports.

"Orange Out" is not.

So... if you're going to go with this idea, at least get clever and make it make sense.

"Orange Crush," perhaps?

EDIT: Sorry to digress from the thread topic. But this one bugs me to no end.

"Orange outs" also suck.

Thanks for the tips on style... I however will continue to wear my orange auburn gear and not support Clemson. BTW in case anyone missed the memo our colors are Burnt ORANGE and Navy Blue. Not Blue and white.

"Orange outs" also suck.

Thanks for the tips on style... I however will continue to wear my orange auburn gear and not support Clemson. BTW in case anyone missed the memo our colors are Burnt ORANGE and Navy Blue. Not Blue and white.

Yep. And the only thing that keeps us from using orange as a primary color instead of a trim color is good taste.

think i would feel better about the orange cleats if they were the same as the high cleats

Those tiger patterned cleats and the orange ones sure are .... well, if the guys play better and run faster wearing them, I'll be okay. I think. Maybe.

Saw the piece on the "ungrabbable uniforms" this year...sound great. Wonder what those bama OLs are going to do when they can't get a fist full of jersey from the AU pass rushers.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/New-uniforms-aim-to-make-Tigers-ungrabbable-on-gameday-38548102

"Orange outs" also suck.

Dumb statement is dumb

"Orange outs" also suck.

Yep. And the only thing that keeps us from using orange as a primary color instead of a trim color is good taste.

Orange is a primary color no matter how many times you say otherwise. I've explained this to you once before I believe.

"Orange outs" also suck.

Anyone ever seen a blue tiger? ;)

The blue and white high-top cleats depicted are UA's Highlight cleat. The orange low-top cleat depicted is UA's SpeedForm cleat.

I'm sure UA has Highlight cleat in a AU orange color scheme, and I'm sure UA has SpeedForm cleats in AU blue and white color schemes.

I would guess the low-top vs. high-top cleat depends on what shoe is better for the players' positions.

Most players have worn low-top cleats in the past, and taped when needed for extra support.

"Orange outs" also suck.

Wha???!?? Auburn fan?

To today's lover of all things old, the uniforms look a bit too loud. To the Auburn fan that follows the recruiting side of football, we need to add some flare when it is acceptable. I am glad we took a step back towards tradition (numbers,names,pants) and a step forward in the "Auburn fast" department. It's like Oregon uses their hot color so we use ours.

PS if you wanted black cleats and socks back, you get navy on navy. Pretty good

"Orange outs" also suck.

Anyone ever seen a blue tiger? ;)

Yup, :pc: they just had 55 hung on em :hammerin: .

. :timeout: . . . :abmbu:

"Orange outs" also suck.

Well, its fine that you won't wear orange, but it really isn't your place to tell others not too.

I have TONS of orange Auburn shirts that I wear proudly and couldn't care less what others think. I LOVE orange and I love the orange cleats. We are, after all, ORANGE and BLUE....Orange is even mentioned first in the fight song. I find it odd that a professed Auburn fan would so openly hate one of our primary colors.

"Orange outs" also suck.

Well, its fine that you won't wear orange, but it really isn't your place to tell others not too.

I have TONS of orange Auburn shirts that I wear proudly and couldn't care less what others think. I LOVE orange and I love the orange cleats. We are, after all, ORANGE and BLUE....Orange is even mentioned first in the fight song. I find it odd that a professed Auburn fan would so openly hate one of our primary colors.

I might never agree with you again, so I feel compelled to say:

+1

"Orange outs" also suck.

Orange is a primary color no matter how many times you say otherwise. I've explained this to you once before I believe.

I am not making a statutory argument, I am making a 'taste' (aesthetic) argument.

Archived