Fallout In Seattle From $15 Minimum Wage

Proud Tiger

“It’s what happens when the government imposes a restriction on the labor market that normally wouldn’t be there, and marginal businesses get hit the hardest, and usually those are small, neighborhood businesses,” said Paul Guppy, of the Washington Policy Center."

Translation.... Shitbag business owners who can't manage worth a **** are hurting, please let them have near slave labor costs so their horrible managerial skills can still suffice.

:nopityA:

Translation.... Shitbag business owners who can't manage worth a **** are hurting, please let them have near slave labor costs so their horrible managerial skills can still suffice.

Yeah. "I don't want people to be paid a living wage, but I also don't want them to receive any outside assistance/welfare" sounds an awful lot like "I don't care if poor people starve" in my ears.

And even if there are a few who want to work fewer hours at $15 per hour, I don't see the problem. The employer sets the hours. Simply say: "This is a full-time job, take it or leave it. I can always find someone else who wants the job if you don't!" My employer would just laugh in my face and start interviewing for my replacement if I said "I've decided I'm only going to work 20-30 hours a week."

Yeah. "I don't want people to be paid a living wage, but I also don't want them to receive any outside assistance/welfare" sounds an awful lot like "I don't care if poor people starve" in my ears.

And even if there are a few who want to work fewer hours at $15 per hour, I don't see the problem. The employer sets the hours. Simply say: "This is a full-time job, take it or leave it. I can always find someone else who wants the job if you don't!" My employer would just laugh in my face and start interviewing for my replacement if I said "I've decided I'm only going to work 20-30 hours a week."

exactly, my employer certainly go whining to Fox News.

Archived