Give love to Nick Marshall….

tigerman1186

of course it's easier to look back and see the "obvious" than project the future. I was a NM fan all year ....and Gus made what he thought was the right decision....but that decision is just an indicator that Gus is like most other coaches...has no perfect picture of the future....and sometimes things don't work out like expected ...as Nick S learned with his famous game winning FG with .01 on the clock.

I loved to watch Marshall play football, he was a master of deception. It was always hard to find out who had the ball. The guy could give a clinic on the read option. My usual reaction on watching him play was stunned silence, absolutely unbelievable.

NM was a leader. Always cool and calm. I actually really liked him in interviews also - very respectful and never arrogant.

He was 13 seconds away from winning it all in 2013 and there was no way that he wasn't going to be the #1 QB in 2014 (getting busted w/ weed did hack me off though).

I loved his time at Auburn and wish him all the best in the NFL.

We don't know what would have happened if positions were swapped last year. It could also have been worse. Looking back is pure speculation.

We don't know what would have happened if positions were swapped last year. It could also have been worse. Looking back is pure speculation.

Well an 8-5 record makes it easier to speculate that it could have been better....and that NM might have benefitted from the change....and JJ would have benefitted too. Just opinions...

Agreed. If we knew we'd have gone 8-5 rather than a playoff appearance, which was the expectation considering the huge amount of returning talent, I think prepping for NM's future as well as the program's future would've been mutually beneficial. But we also didn't forsee the team falling apart after the Ole Miss game.

Agreed. If we knew we'd have gone 8-5 rather than a playoff appearance, which was the expectation considering the huge amount of returning talent, I think prepping for NM's future as well as the program's future would've been mutually beneficial. But we also didn't forsee the team falling apart after the Ole Miss game.

Yeah there was so many factors that went into that collapse (and those factors were piled upon factors in the first half and preseason), it was genuinely hard to watch us play 60 mins

I'd be interested in these players getting interviewed about the second half of the season down the road and knowing some facts

The primary premise was the NM would have benefited by the change to CB...and by extension that JJ would have benefitted for the 2015 season...as for the 2014 season...lots to wonder about there as we look back but I expect what went on was among "family" and it's not likely that any of the players will share any of the "issues" involving coaches or players for a long time.

It was a year of promise that did not work out...has happened before ....just part of football I expect.

Marshall would be one of most revered QBs in Auburn history if our defense had been able to hold FSU for 13 more seconds in the BCS NCG. The way he led us down the field in the most pressure-filled situation imaginable was truly spectacular. It should have been the game winning drive. Marshall was as "clutch" as any player we have ever had.

Marshall would be one of most revered QBs in Auburn history if our defense had been able to hold FSU for 13 more seconds in the BCS NCG. The way he led us down the field in the most pressure-filled situation imaginable was truly spectacular. It should have been the game winning drive. Marshall was as "clutch" as any player we have ever had.

Yep, funny part is that would happen within the same season that an opposing QB said " they would be pretty good if they had a QB."

Yep, funny part is that would happen within the same season that an opposing QB said " they would be pretty good if they had a QB."

I guess Halliday's statement seem a bit short sighted in retrospect, hmm

Also it's ironic that maybe if Nick was in the secondary fsu never would have marched down the field to win. Idk how well he tackled though.

Also it's ironic that maybe if Nick was in the secondary fsu never would have marched down the field to win. Idk how well he tackled though.

:thumbsup:

No I'm talking about that one drive. But who knows right? I mean who would've said a corner who moved to qb in juco would have got us there....that scenario isn't too far away from saying a true freshman going to get us there. They both sound improbable

Yall are assuming JJ would've gotten us there as a true freshman.

Smh

Guessing Smh :dunno: is now internet slang for Sophomore ?

Smh

Guessing Smh :dunno:/> is now internet slang for Sophomore ?

"Shaking my head". . .because in year two your not a freshman

FTFY

Smh

"Shaking my head". . .because in year two your not a freshman

FTFY

Oh. I wasn't really following the conversation closely.

It's not that hard people. Cole was talking about Nick Marshall playing in the secondary in the NC game. I thought he meant NM playing in the secondary the whole game, he only meant the last drive. Jeremy Johnson was a true freshman that year though. In Jeremy Johnson's sophomore year, Auburn went 8-5. This year, he is a junior.

Smh

"Shaking my head". . .because in year two your you're not a freshman

FTFY

Oh. I wasn't really following the conversation closely.

And obviously :-\ I wasn't either... I FTF me

I am gonna be auspicious and say that Nick would've been a slightly better DB than Mincy

Less Mincy through the last two years could've been amazing

It will be interesting to see which of those guys, if not both, make NFL rosters this year. That might tell us something.

I am gonna be auspicious and say that Nick would've been a slightly better DB than Mincy

Less Mincy through the last two years could've been amazing

It will be interesting to see which of those guys, if not both, make NFL rosters this year. That might tell us something.

Good point. Mincy was singled out for praise in Falcons camp. We'll see what happens.

Archived