At Least 3 Dead and Several Injured In LA shooting.

Texan4Auburn

Prayers for all.

I had started a topic earlier about this. I live in Lafayette and have gone to this theater several times. Senseless tragedy. Latest reports are that he has only been in Lafayette LA since the beginning of this month. He was staying at a motel 6. They found wigs, glasses and other apparel that could be used to disguise. His license plate was in the hotel room. Car was parked outside to escape. Plan was to kill and escape. The quick response from police caused him to retreat back and kill himself. He was from Alabama.

His Twitter:

5 Jun 2013

john russell houser ‏@jrustyhouser

The Westboro Baptist Church may be the last real church in America[members not brainwashed].

5 Jun 2013

john russell houser ‏@jrustyhouser

If you don't think the internet is censored, try reading a newspaper from a country that hates liberals the way I do.

Yowza.

I had started a topic earlier about this. I live in Lafayette and have gone to this theater several times. Senseless tragedy. Latest reports are that he has only been in Lafayette LA since the beginning of this month. He was staying at a motel 6. They found wigs, glasses and other apparel that could be used to disguise. His license plate was in the hotel room. Car was parked outside to escape. Plan was to kill and escape. The quick response from police caused him to retreat back and kill himself. He was from Alabama.

Appears that his weapons were legally purchased at a pawn shop in Phenix City and has had mental issues in the past. Was also a political candidate at some point in Columbus Ga I read.

Appears that his weapons were legally purchased at a pawn shop in Phenix City and has had mental issues in the past. Was also a political candidate at some point in Columbus Ga I read.

He had a string of arrests over the years and was even hospitalized due to his mental condition. None of that stopped the sale of the hand gun at the pawn shop because it was not picked up on the background checks. If his relatives who he threatened and the owner of the house he vandalized had pressed charges those actions might have stopped the gun sale. His mother giving him $5,000 allowed him to relocate with his gun to Lafayette. I suspect when the money ran out he he completely lost it and decided to kill.

Sounds like more of an issue with background checks to me.

That is what I was thinking also. Given his mental state I was also wondering about access and quality of care.

Archived