Handcuffed and Helpless

JoeBags7277

Some parts might be embellished, but he does state at the beginning I think that he is just going off his own memory... can't expect everything to be 100% accurate. IE: I'm sure his answer to the cop as a child was not as thoughtful and eloquent a response as what was wrote, but I don't see any reason to question the overall validity of his story.

There are a lot of cops out there, some of them just plain suck... it is weird he didn't get any information from the cops that harassed him though, 40 minutes straight doesn't stay "heat of the moment" the whole time. At some point he should have looked at badge numbers/names/car identifier/etc. But people **** up too now and then :)

I think you are missing his point. He was obviously fearful of being seen as "resistant", which would include obviously gathering information on the cops. And it's easy to imagine how one could overlook the markings on a patrol car. Not all of them are easy to identify.

Put yourself in your position if you can. There's no camera or microphone recording what's happening.

I got his point, I likely should have quoted The Raptor because his post spurred mine.

As for the red part, that's why I said people **** up sometimes... I'm sure in hindsight he has probably wished he had thought to look at badge number, name tag, car details etc.

But people ain't perfect :)

Many aspects of the UVA rape story printed in Rolling Stone were also compelling. Same goes with the Duke lacrosse case. Just because something seems compelling doesn't mean it is true.

I was just arguing this point with you yesterday about the Hoover article. Should I start charging for schooling you?

See you can't do that. If you bring up how his train of thought contradicts something he previously said it will be you're off topic or a straw man....He tries to set himself up very nice, got to give him that

... Just because something seems compelling doesn't mean it is true.

Well sure, I agree.

But just because something does not match one's personal experience or opinion doesn't mean it's false either. I'm not claiming the opening narrative must be true. I'm just saying there seems even less reason, other than personal bias or political opinion, to jump to the conclusion that it is "fiction".

Many aspects of the UVA rape story printed in Rolling Stone were also compelling. Same goes with the Duke lacrosse case. Just because something seems compelling doesn't mean it is true.

I was just arguing this point with you yesterday about the Hoover article. Should I start charging for schooling you?

You've done no such thing . Quit now, while you're not too far behind .

Well sure, I agree.

But just because something does not match one's personal experience or opinion doesn't mean it's false either. I'm not claiming the opening narrative must be true. I'm just saying there seems even less reason, other than personal bias or political opinion, to jump to the conclusion that it is "fiction".

Let's just agree that indeed , some cops are dicks .

Well sure, I agree.

Let's just agree that indeed , some cops are dicks .

Absolutely, as are some suspects/detainees! ;)

Off topic - thread title could be a playboy forum letter to the editor. Just sayin

Archived