2016 3* WR Marquis McClain (AU commit 7/25/15)

ellitor

I'm comfortable with anyone our coaches offer after seeing them at camp the summer before signing day, I don't care what they are rated at that point.

That's exactly how Coach Tuberville recruited, out of what was done at our camps. The screaming from the tormented populace was deafening to the point that you can still hear a bit of it today.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm comfortable with anyone our coaches offer after seeing them at camp the summer before signing day, I don't care what they are rated at that point.

That's exactly how Coach Tuberville recruited, out of what was done at our camps. The screaming from the tormented populace was deafening to the point that you can still hear a bit of it today.

Yep he recruited SenDerrik Marks after seeing him play basketball

• 1 month later...

MM just caught a 50+ yd TD and ran for another one on the speed sweep. Kid looks quick.

He might replace Louis next season.

No, Truitt will replace Louis.

Ouch... Standing about 5'8, I hope Truitt's not gonna be our number one receiver next year...

I have seen teams win with big tall receivers and short super quick receivers. It is about getting Open, running good routes and having a qb delivering the ball to them. It helps to be bigg when you do downfield blocking but it is not required.

I have seen teams win with big tall receivers and short super quick receivers. It is about getting Open, running good routes and having a qb delivering the ball to them. It helps to be bigg when you do downfield blocking but it is not required.

To your point, Trovon Reed was one of our best blocking WRs, but he certainly wasn't a big fella. And to another of your points, it's a shame for him that he didn't get to flourish with a good passing quarterback.

That was the demise of Floridas offense under Meyer actually. They had too many short quick receivers when "speed kills" was their theme and they eventually became a non vertical threat during Meyer's last year's.

A team usually consists of both. But when it's man vs man going up and getting the ball, size helps. Treadwell showed us that Saturday

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching this kid for a few weeks now. Looks good when he's got the ball but definitely takes the play off if he is not involved. On D, if the ball goes the other way he just stands and watches. Definitely hope he corrects this before he gets on campus.

Been watching this kid for a few weeks now. Looks good when he's got the ball but definitely takes the play off if he is not involved. On D, if the ball goes the other way he just stands and watches. Definitely hope he corrects this before he gets on campus.

Waste of a sholly IMO. Another camp warrior I'm afraid.

Archived